Reviews for The Thin Line Between
A Bookworm chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
...
K.
Kaist chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
I snickered. This is excellent.

Thank you for lampooning the ridiculous things that authors do! There's perhaps three non-massacre Itachi/Sakura fics I've read that have actually been any good in terms of the required growth on both ends, and the non-massacre fics themselves are still... difficult to reconcile. I can see Itachi being phenomenal at pretty much every aspect of ninja life and doing what was required of him if he was landed with a seduction mission, but the way some of those fics portray him is just- really? Reeeeally? So yes, thanks for this. I appreciate it.
kaoslord1982 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Not bad.
Weirdo-Lover chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
"Yeah, but this is still during the time-skip before we learned all that, remember?"

"...Indeed, my apologies. Please continue."

HAHAHAHAHAHA...tee...heehee...ha...ha poink.

This. was. the. best. oneshot. parody. ever. And I totally agreed with your points of the stories here, ya' know? Some authors just don't...value the characters enough? It makes me said. And this really showed me that there are others who judge stories the way I do. Thanks for that, I sppose.

And keep you your great writing!
valbino chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Ahahah, the line about meaningful character development cracked me up, because 9 times out of 10, I read an ItaSaku fic (and don't get me wrong, I adore ItaSaku) and it's really disappointing to see authors make some half-assed excuse about how itachi's good now without exploring any of the issues behind his character! Ugh!

But anyway, I thought this was quite funny! My only Itachi crack fic unintentionally ended up a parody of characterization cliches. Aaaah but really this is superb! I love fourth wall breaking! :)

-Val
WynterSky chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
ItaSaku is actually my guilty pleasure (it's like a SesshKag that actually kind of works), but there are far too many that go just about like this.
AlexJ23 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
it was very funny, very true and i simply loved it :)

good job my friend.
AJlovesKakashi chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I would sign in, but having technical difficlties.

That was hilarious (and completely true!)

Well written and I absolutely enjoyed the destruction of the fourth wall!
sailorbebe chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
funny story :)
Paosheep chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
_
Shadow Crystal Mage chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I actually DID like this. Hope you write more stuff, since your parodies are the best!
Fuai chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Bwahahahaha. As much as I love ItaSaku, this was still an awesome mockfic on the much-used cliche. Thanks for sharing!
Nate Grey chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
It was an idea so utterly stupid and dangerous that there was absolutely no way it could end in anything other than complete and total success!

Best. Line. Ever.

I admit I cringed when I saw the pairing, but then I also saw "mockfic" and I knew it would be awesome. Thank goodness for mockfics, the only place where phrases like "the whole rapist thing aside" are both funny and acceptable. Your stories always make me think. Right now, I'm thinking that if we're lucky, Zetsu isn't the only member of Akatsuki that can only reproduce asexually. Maybe it should even be a membership requirement. It wouldn't stop some of the horrors you mentioned, but it'd help some of us sleep better at night. Then a group of power-hungry guys and one woman hanging out in dark caves with a demonic statue doesn't sound quite as creepy. Well, it does, but again, not quite as bad as it could be.
dzk87 chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Oooh man, this is great, as usual.