Reviews for The Artist and the Hunter
Sophie chapter 15 . 8/23/2019
What a great fanfic! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Update soon PLEASE, if you can! That cliffhanger is bugging me! Your Victoria "OC" (Yes, I know it's LARGELY based off of you in real life, Victoria ;)) is well written and on my list of OC's from fanfics I love. I thought putting Abbot in a hamster's body was creative and hilarious XD. Also, I looked up the song Victoria sang in the trunk, Good Girls Go Bad, and I loved it! As a random side note, I love your work! (Especially your Ask Artemis Fowl and Co blog on Tumblr!) I hope you read this. Have an amazing day/night!
Guest chapter 5 . 3/7/2018
The Scottish wear kilts not the Irish.
Rocket Axxonu chapter 15 . 1/8/2018
[Found I'd written some reviews in notebooks like, two years ago, and never posted them. Figured better late than never?]

Ah ha! Very interesting concept, this story is so much fun. (I'm a huge fan of your artwork on dA, and seeing your AF/OC portrayals, I was always interested to read this story.)

Great job on developing and fleshing out your OC, I can completely relate to her (though maybe that's just because I happen to be an awkward art nerd who loves Disney movies?). It's interesting to see some Christian themes, too, you don't see that brought in too much, at least in the AF stories I've seen. (ICA/InChristAlone on this site has some pretty good stuff in that vein, but that's about all I've seen.) I also like how you're taking your time to develop the romance slowly and believably.

Haha, oh and that thing about the painting over the lines/painting around the lines dilemma...I know the frustration. XD!

ABBOT! I didn't see that one coming.

Augh, the scene with Holly was excruciating, the irony of the fact he really had killed her before was very poignant to me... I liked how Victoria was technically along for the ride, but Artemis never knew. (I enjoy this kind of parallel-plot thing you've got going on, there's the story of Artemis and Victoria getting to know each other, and then there's the action of Artemis and Holly trying to solve the problem of the virus, so it's interesting when those stories begin to intersect. Victoria still has no idea of fairies up through chapter 15, so if you were going to continue this (I know, unlikely), there would still be that reveal to look forward to.

Chapter 14: Things are really racheting up now—the moment where Victoria tells Artemis 'You are no prince, but a wolf in sheep's clothing' was so well done. (It's like...there's a certain truth in it; there's kind of this romanticized view of' the bad boy prince,' this idea of the handsome guy who's rude and obnoxious, but actually secretly a good guy beneath it all. Tension always works better [at least for me] when there's an element of truth in it, even if it's not the full truth.)

Oh, and I also went ahead and read what you've put up on the deviantArt that you haven't posted here (picking up near the end of 37, for anyone reading these reviews who's interested)—SPOILER ALERT—and the drama is really building up at that point. I particularly liked the way Victoria's friend Charlie was weaved in to having such a vital role in the plot (and Victoria /still/ doesn't know anything). Looks like you might have been nearing the climax (maybe? Or just /a/ climax). I know you haven't updated in a long time and you've probably moved on to other projects, but I really enjoyed what you did here. (Actually, although it's been a long time since I read this and wrote this review, I remember that I read a ton of this in one sitting, which is incredibly rare for me. I remember I was sick at the time, and this was a lot of fun to get my mind off of it.) Anyway, best of luck on your current projects! C:
XFireSermonX chapter 15 . 1/3/2014
You really need to continue this story, it's really well written and the plot is executed perfectly so far. I think that Artemis is a little OOC but in a good way, I also think you really bring to light how, just like with Orion, his rational side takes a back seat when it comes to romance. Victoria is a conflicted character in a very human way, which is not seen often in the series. The only females Arty ever gets involved with semi romantically are either of another species or ALSO a genius, which is just cliche in my opinion. I think that a normal, moral and difficult human girl is just what he needs. Plus it makes for a better love story, please update! I hope you haven't abandoned this!
AlterEgoNano chapter 15 . 7/11/2013
You down graded Artemis in this fic, intelligence wise and Victoria has problems for no reason. Also, Victoria told Charles the code to Fowl Manor? Are you kidding me, their entire safety was compromised. Lastly, why is there romance a war? In any relationship there must be some common ground, there is none with them and Artemis has a crush, not in love with someone because their foolishness can make him chuckle.
Emma chapter 15 . 9/25/2012
i 3 this story sooo much! This is like my favorite Artemis Fowl fanfiction! Pleassssseee update soon!
wolfgirl336699 chapter 15 . 9/23/2012
Awesome story and write more SOON
Nikki chapter 15 . 8/26/2012
You're still writing this, right? This isn't one of those stories that get started and never end... right?!
Dude, this is my favorite Fowlfic EVER. I'm totally in love with your writing. And... GO VICTORIA! She is an amazing person. Artemis definitely deserves a girl like that.
Hurry and write more... I'll wait however long it takes (though sooner would be nicer XD)!
Fahiru chapter 5 . 8/14/2012
First of all, I love that you ended that with "Merry Christmas!" right after Artemis states that the fairies are practically doomed. At least it's not contagious, sleep well everyone!

Waffles. Yes. They should make crêpes too, it's really fun. I really like the interaction between the two of them by the way.

Getting back to the cancer deal, there are infact, a few known cures. However, some are illegal and some are difficult. For instance, Rife machines could cure it, but they are illegal because they could also be used as devastating weapon purposes. Almost anything can be cured through diet, but some cases are simply too far gone.

Maybe the virus is combined with English Sweating sickness, which is also incurable and kills incredibly quickly.

Good chapter, written very similarly to the style Colfer uses!

-Fahiru
Fahiru chapter 4 . 8/14/2012
Ha ha, Victoria is certainly very interesting!

Artemis is pretty scary. His mannerisms actually remind me of one of my brothers, so if that's how he really would act in real life...maybe I'd get along well with him too? I don't even know, somehow that seems like an arrogant thought to even ponder...

I really like the twins, but when did Myles get a lisp? I don't mind it in the least, I actually really like it, but I was just wondering why it was there.

You know what? I like that she's a Christian. I'm really proud of Victoria for being able to do that even though she has a really stressful career as well as religion. It's a nice twist too, most artists...don't really think anywhere near that direction. I don't think it was bad for her to vent her frustration by letting God know her troubles, especially since biblically that's what he wants you to do. Am I getting too preachy? I'm just trying to affirm that what you did was absolutely fine.

Good job! That's right, you take full freedom with these characters, it's YOUR fan fiction after all! This isn't just to please the other fans, this is also for YOU. I'm proud of ya, good job!

-Fahiru
hjjnkkhhn chapter 12 . 8/11/2012
This is such a good story- you write as though it were Eoin Colfer writing himself! Keep it up!
adawada chapter 15 . 8/7/2012
I love it! Please update soon!
xD chapter 15 . 8/7/2012
Pssh. It took me two days to realize you'd updated. . LOL you've gotten fast lately. xD Good chappy dat was. I am very please with it :D
dalulzing chapter 15 . 8/6/2012
faved
sheryls312 chapter 15 . 8/6/2012
Great chappy :D thanks for the super fast update too