Reviews for Jimmy's Last Chance
nannygirl chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Oh my gosh, Marla this was such an adorable, amazing, and absolutely awesome fic! That’s an A! I really am kicking myself for not reading it sooner!

Right off from the beginning I knew this was going to be a great story. Jimmy leaving Maw Maw to babysit Hope right away thought’ Oh boy, this is gonna be fun!’ lol and it was so Maw Maw! With blue eyeshadow on Hope’s lips and the redlipstick on her eyebrows…oh and Maw Maw trying to glue the cherry onto her nose! ROFL! Oh Maw Maw! And we can’t forget the flour and paintbrushes lol—great stuff Marla. From that little section alone you had me laughing so much. And i love how Virginia is in her own way paieinet with Maw Maw, “Her grandmother was slowly losing her marbles but it was interesting to say the least” Love! Because it is so very true!

The next section with Jimmy coming home from the store was just wonderful. I really did adore all the little details you put in like the description of the porch and the items he had to side step—Burt’s skateboard and windup monkey, all some really great details! Maw Maw wanting to swing from the ‘trapeze’ LOL but it’s sweet the way Jimmy replied to her telling her how it wasn’t working today, and I loved how you ended that section with her picking her dentures with a paper clips haha.

LOL I could picture Jimmy’s reaction to seeing ‘clown Hope’ PERFECTLY! You did an excellent job on describing it! Love how he still gives her the kiss on her stained cheek tho—so cute! Oo oo and I loved Virginia’s reply at once again pointing out what happened with her mother and the bit you put in about her leaning her hip against the sink. And Sabrina is coign over to watch TV, yay! It’s really cute the way Jimmy wants to impress her.‘"Give her a bath and I mean Hope, not your wanna be girlfriend!" Could SO hear Virginia saying these words!

Oh and then Burt gets home…you did such a marvelous job at writing him! Poor thing falling into the pool after trying to get away from Witch Hazel’s (LOVED that BTW Reminded me of the Looney Tunes :D) Rottweiler aka devil dog…though I did have to giggle at the whole thing just a little. The bit about the droppings of the Saint Bernard lol. Very funny! And the image of Burt chasing the Rottweiler around with the lawnmower was hilarious!

I hope he didn't follow my scent home because we don't need no dog." Virginia smirked, "Yeah, cuz we got Jimmy.""I heard that!" a tinny voice said over the baby monitor. "Don't think I didn't hear you compare your son to a dog!" All of that was just awesome wrapped in awesome! Something I could so see happening on the show!

The ending of that scene was really great too! Loved the thought of Maw Maw trying to steal Mr. Snizer’s gold walker and then Burt wanting one like that when he got older Oh Burt! “Burt grinned. "Yeah…I did win the five dollar jackpot last month!" Virginia smacked a big kiss on his cheek. "Take a shower el stinko and I'll make dinner." Aww such a cute way to end the scene!

Another fanatasti scene that seemed just about straight from the show when Sabrina arrived to the house. Glad the lipstick on Hope’s eyebrows started to fade and Jimmy telling Virginia to hide in her room HAHA! Oh and I just LOVED LOVED this part right here: Jimmy whispered loudly, "I'm not ready! Do I look cool? Wait, I look like a dork don't I?" He turned to Hope who was sitting in her walker biting on a jelly filled teething bracelet. "Hope, does daddy look like a dork? Man, I wish you could talk." You had Jimmy in PERFECT character! Bravo! Really liked too the way the street lights made it look like Sabrina was shinning, though I’m sure even without those light Jimmy would see her that way. :D Another great detail with the couch dripping in the middle! And Virginia singing had me smiling. And how cute was it the way Jimmy was so excited to have Sabrina in his house? Love that!

Then the last section of the fic. Oh boy that part had just about everything! Made me laugh and aw and sometimes at the same time!

Burt throwing in Maw Maw’s dentures and explain it was the only way to get her into the house ROFL! Aww and a sleepy Hope—with her pink knit hat— was too cute. And Burt not wanting to stand in the shower followed by Maw Maw’s brief lucid moment was just too awesome! :D Great last line from Virginia too!

Terrific scene with Sabrina and Jimmy on the porch—some more great details of the porch and Burt’s skateboard, sweet how Jimmy cautioned her about it. And when Jimmy makes his confession to her…you did a brilliant beyond brilliant job on that part! You kept Jimmy in character and him say exactly what he wanted and needed to say! And he didn’t even eat his eyebrow hair! (Loved you adding that in) I really liked this part because I could see it happening on the show “"Around. I want to be around you." Jimmy tried to explain. She laughed, "But you are. We both work the same shift."Sweet and also has the humor—which is always a nice mix.

Aw and Sabrina telling him that he was so young and Jimmy’s protest about being 161 in dog years ROFL! Oh Jimmy! Loved how Sabrina let his down easy and yet at the same time didn’t dash his dream completely and even gave him the little kiss! That was just the sweetest! Loved too the way Sabrina slid over the hood of her car, like Starsky. Again that sweet fluffiness tossed in with a little humor. And those last two lines were just the perfect way to close up the fabulous fic!

Again Marla, you dd such a superb job on this fic! Had every one in perfect character. This story had The Chances’ as they’re crazy loveable selfs And I completely loved every bit of it! Thank you so much for sharing this and I really am sorry for taking so long to read it! Bravo! On this incredibly awesome story! Keep up the terrific work!
loneguppy chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
That was great. You've managed to size up all the characters in a neat little package, right down to Maw Maw's brief lucid moment.

I could see this as an episode.

Nice job.
LittleRachelBerry chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
This is adorable. I can't wait for the show to come back!
Bunny1 chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Awwww, beyond sweet! Love it! D
DaveDShow chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
I just started watching Raising Hope, and I'm still getting a feel for the characters, but I can empathize with Jimmy(in everything but being a father-haven't done that yet{lol}). His family seems nice enough, and Maw Maw is going to be a lot of fun to be around. :) Sabrina is pretty true-to-life as the unattainable crush who still might end up with Jimmy one day(anything's possible). Even though she has a boyfriend to whom she is apparently quite committed, at least she didn't dash Jimmy's feelings against the rocks, which is sometimes the best you can hope for.
Tomlinsongirl chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I love Raising Hope and this was a really good story. You should do more on Raising Hope. There is only 2 other stories. And one of them is in Spanish. I don't know Spanish.
AlwayzWriting chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
You've got to add more to this story! You have the characters nailed perfectly I felt like i was actually watching an episode. I loved Burt, he's so funny.
kab16 chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
this is so cute!

i didn't even realize you were the author until after i began reading it. i love this show! :)

anyhow, i really like this. i could totally see the characters saying some of these things (although i never thought sabrina was that much older then jimmy) and juimmy and sabrina are so cute.

hope you write more for this fandom!

sarah
Reading Princess chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I'm a dad so technically in dog years that makes me….161 so I'm not that young. Really!

I love Jimmy
Wileret chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
["Mom! Sabrina is here! Hide in your room."] I LOVE this family XDDD

Your one-shot is as hilarious as the show, with all the craziness and cuteness we love so much 33. But poor Jimmy *hugs him*, he told her he loved her but Sabrina is still in love with Wyatt. Thank goodness that Sabrina is so kind and takes him into account after all.

Hope you write your project! We are in need of more RH fics!
TheKingdomofWaffles chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
You can buy beer when you're 23! Great job, I loved the part about Maw Maw thinking she was in the circus. Great job! Keep writing! -Emma
twiniitowers chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Marla, I don't watch this show so I have no idea on the characters. But offering my support! :)
TL22 chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I am not familiar with the show. It sounds like a riot. What I got from your story is that everyone is a tad crazy. I have to say it was a very entertaining read.

Well done.