Reviews for 30 days, 30 ficlets
terracannon876 chapter 30 . 12/8/2011
Thank you for the collection of ficlets :) It shall be the playground of many plot bunnies for years to come (because it takes that long for me to get to them, ugh).

I'll admit, ch 21 is still my favorite. I think the chapters with Yousuke x Nanako is so left-field yet maybe plausible (it just never even entered my mind! I see Nanako as this really really cute little kid) that it just amuses me.

Again, thanks for writing~
terracannon876 chapter 21 . 12/8/2011
I've been working through this collection of ficlets, and I feel compelled to review this one. This is my favorite, thus far. I think it's because recently I'd gotten into the series UtaPrince and one of the characters reminds me of Yousuke, but I can understand the feeling of sneaking something in but without telling your friend about it, and then poking at it and going "do you like it?" because no matter how much Yousuke says he was hoping to joke about it, he was probably hoping for some feedback. This would be the first time he showed anyone something of his, wouldn't it?

I'm kinda like Souji, too. I don't really get what I like in music. I don't get most popular music at all. The only stuff I like are songs related to series I like, like game or anime OSTs.

Thanks for writing this one :) It was unbelievably cute and fluffy. Thaaaaanks...

*continues to read*
Lar-lar chapter 30 . 12/30/2010
And you saved the best for last~ This was just beautiful and the perfect fic to end your challenge on. I love how determined Souji is here, and for himself instead of 'the good of others' for a change, that really stuck out for me. It's also just really lovely, the on-going flow of what a special place Inaba was to him and for all the reason why as well as all the many others that he had never expected to make this place any different from the countless others. You leave us on a note of hope, and I love it 3 And hey! Congratulations! You did it, thirty fics in thirty days, I'm so proud! It dawns on me that I haven't finished a single prompt set and that is unlimited time so... I guess I need to get my act together, huh? XD Thank you for sharing these with us!
Lar-lar chapter 29 . 12/29/2010
I ADORE this! It's a subject I've always wanted to confront myself, Souji's lack of contact with his parents during his stay in Inaba despite me not actually thinking they are bad people or anything, but I never seem to be able to get the tone right... And that is EXACTLY what you've done here! The perfect balance between hope and nothing, between want and acceptance and having Yosuke bare witness and help his friend through, help him to UNDERSTAND that eh gets it by throwing his own feelings into the mix makes this just amazing!
Lar-lar chapter 28 . 12/28/2010
XD D'aww! I think I said last time taht you are steadily adicting me to this pairing - they are so CUTE! I think it's the way you write Nanako with such obvious influences from her 'Big Bro' and so PERFECT that it's almost like 'hey! You get no say in rigth or wrong, THIS HAPPENED!' and it's THAT SIMPLE. The idea itself is awesome, too XD I feel for poor Yosuke, he always seems to get reason to worry in all his relationships and I love how you write him. As we've talked about time and time again, he'd make a wonderful boyfriend in a more... Conventional relationship where he'd be free to act on his wants without fear of a million things. LOVED this, so fun! It's lovely seeing Nanako all grown up and EVIL! XD
Lar-lar chapter 27 . 12/27/2010
I am so happy to see you finsihed this one, I really loved it! The first part is too... Urg ;_; I don't even know! The second is just bitter-sweet and the last shows how he has gotten through it all, that he has managed to be who he is because of the people he knows and that will never chnage 3 Such a wonderful message, sad at the start or not. I LOVE the flower theme running through-out, too! having Yosuke and his friendship as the only one that can endure was a beautiful touch!
Lar-lar chapter 26 . 12/26/2010
Man I really LOVE this one! It is by far one of my favourites simply for how you've managed to express something I've not easily been able to see myself and make it so REAL. The feeliong there, the hopelessness, the pain and knowing... Gah! Your style of writing is one of my favourites kinds and I LOVE reading your work so much! 3
Lar-lar chapter 25 . 12/25/2010
I LOVE how open this is, how ambiguous and unashamed. I dunno, I don't know, this seems just too powerful for so few words a real show of your talent as a writer and I honestly don't know what else to say, there's just too much there. AMAZING work!
Lar-lar chapter 24 . 12/24/2010
You know what I like most about this one? How positive Yosuke is. I mean, I never saw him as a depressed character or anything, but he's never been overly true to himself, you know? But this ficlet shows perfectly how much he has grown over the year and how much stronger he has become. The fact that it is HIM supporting SOUJI in this is also wonderful, I adore the role reversal and the plot itself is bitter-sweet; They're talking about the end, which is always sad in some way, but what Yosuke at least is so focused on his the future and the present. This is a really beautiful little ficlet!
Lar-lar chapter 23 . 12/23/2010
Now THIS is interesting! The theme fits the story PERFECTLY and I LOVE how you included the fox in this challenge of yours - I think she's the only character I never confronted myself and now I don't think I'll be able to, you did her too well XD; You got the balance between human and wild animal just WONDERFUL and I love how her and Souji communicate without communicating, how she feels things like we do but not in a recognizable way to her own mind and the goodbye was... ;-; Yeah. i REALLY enjoyed this one, GREAT job!
Lar-lar chapter 22 . 12/22/2010
I am SO HAPPY you got to use this prompt, I know how much you liked it and I have to say the balance you managed to get from it too was wonderful! The way Yosuke he has begun keeping score of Souji's little mistakes, bemused and harmless in the way that it proves to him that the other is in fact human, until the one during a battle inside the TV where it suddenly hits him as to just how serious any mistake can be and then the guilt and everything that comes with it kicks in and... Man, it really was perfect, I LOVE the little link to the too, the place you left it was also perfect.
Lar-lar chapter 21 . 12/22/2010
As I said last time, I love when the kink meme fills sneak into this, means more words for a greedy word whore, like myself XD THIS one I find adorable for so many reasons; Firstly, I LOVE the role reversal here, with Souji being the one struggling to understand and Yosuke just knowing exactly what he's doing. I also love how it's HIS PLAYING that finally gets through to Souji, that was a great touch! And MOSTLY I think I like what is implied by the last part, that they are together in some way and still sharing the music with Souji understanding easily now. A REALLY beautiful piece!
Lar-lar chapter 20 . 12/20/2010
This was so sweet! I really loved how you managed to fit the prompt for this one PERFECTLY, she really DID manage to say what she wanted without having to say 'I love you' 3! I sort of love Chie for no real reason lately, I don't know why... Probably all the Yosuke/Chie stuff I see at the kink meme, but EVEN THOUGH I'm a Souji/Yosuke gal, I HAVE to say whatever pairing you write I cannot help but LOVE the end result! FANTASTIC job!
Lar-lar chapter 19 . 12/19/2010
THIS one I really liked! Partly 'cos it was so lovely and long but mostly just the way Yosuke is so troubled by the very thing that he came up with to make him feel the exact opposite. It says a lot about him, I think, about his character; he is so much stronger than anyone gives him credit for (aside from Souji) and that includes himself. I love how in the end no matter how hard and awkward things turn out he doesn't sell out his feelings for something 'fake', it shows just how much he has grown 3 I also have to mention that the scene with the flower-man was amazing XD
Lar-lar chapter 18 . 12/19/2010
Despite the problems I know you had with this, I think it turned out REALLY well. I love the comparisons between the two characters, I never would have thought of many of them until I talked to you, but they make so much sense and it helped me understand more why Yosuke was so hurt about her death and such ;-; What I REALLY love though is how they each want SO BADLY for someone to understand them and they try to hope each other do without really BELIEVING it, putting on those masks and carrying on when if they could each just be a little more honest they would see that they had that all along~ Beautiful!