Reviews for The Skin Trade
Angelina Roongta chapter 1 . 2/5
cool story but one question, why did James not buy Lily?
Amanthya chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
A horrifying subject, but your writing is compelling, your characters have depth. I would like to see more. Did Harry - and Neville - the two possible saviours die? Dumbledore? How will everyone's relationships evolve if war does come, or even if it doesn't? Please consider expanding!
pinks99 chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
interesting one-shot, well written!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Magnificent! I loved your take on mudblood slavery, etc. The characters were very well written. Fantastic as a one shot but also something I would be ecstatic to see as a full length story!
yeye chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
I love this! Keep up the great work!
ScarletKira chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This was an interesting one-shot. Very well done.
ThePoptartFreak chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
wow, i honestly expected bounds more of angst. thank god you didn't i absolutely hate angst but this looked too good to pass up. I like it. it would make a good chapter story but i have to admit it is a very good oneshot. it doesn't make you want to cry out and demand another chapter.

Poptart-Freak
emmiswe chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
A well written story, it was so capturing and I loved how you handled the slave-nice master relationship. I really hope for a sequel, maybe with more focus on Lily's and Snape's relationship? Anyway, thanks for letting me read it
Sic Vita Est chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Great one-shot. :)
NoirChick chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
What a great story. Reading your warnings I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it but I very much did. For such a depressing subject it actually had a genuine warmth to it and a note of hope at the end without any hints of false saccharine eternal love/rescue that I often come across. Very nicely done and I hope you re-visit the Hermione/Lucius pairing again.
AuntieL chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Oh, how dark and sad and angsty. Excellent concept - very well-executed.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
I agree-the characters are ambiguous. Lucius and Snape are kind to their slaves, and yet they aren't shining heroes. Lily and Hermione are slaves, but they are more than just two-dimensional victims. All in all, very well written!
22Moons chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
What an interesting, well-written story. My favorite thing is the ambiguity of all the characters. This isn't a story with good guys and bad guys, just humans trapped in an appalling situation.