Reviews for The Captain and the King
A fitting end to this story for it was that very promise made by Aragorn that had me first in tears. Now I'm in tears again...Wonderful, lovely writing.
A masterpiece full of loving friendship. I was moved by your attention to each character's relationship to one another as well as your emphasis on what is love, duty, and honor. You respected each character and never let them become one-dimensional. This is an older story, but a complete gem.
MuggleCreator chapter 19 . 11/21/2014
Great story.
Loved the characterisations. Well, except what you did with Halbarad – though I know someone had to be the villain...
Also loved what you did with the haracter of Gil.
Luthien chapter 19 . 3/12/2014
I just finished reading this and I want to say...
Oh my word. You are a wonderful writer. I cried so many times while I was reading this... Beautifully written, You made the alternate Universe fit in so well with Canon that I could have hardly noticed the difference, and your style of writing is absolutely superb. Will be favoriting as soon as I can log on, and I will be reading and following the sequel.
Many thanks for writing,
LuthienThranduillion
IstariWho chapter 19 . 2/16/2014
Wow...Amazing story!
Wouldn't the line of Stewards continue after Aragorn's death? Boromir's grandson could be Steward when Eldarion takes the Throne...
Hannon-le!
hootowl chapter 19 . 1/14/2014
so heart-wrenchingly touching! loved the story.
Forged Obsidian chapter 19 . 12/1/2013
THIS. WAS. AMAZING.
It was worth staying up late to read, because it was exactly what I was looking for.
Everything was perfect. The language and how you used it - the formal way of speaking that Tolkien used - was wonderful, and did not take long to get used to.
I look forward to reading the next installment of a wonderful story!
Thank you for writing this!
Lady of the Beautiful Voice chapter 3 . 10/10/2013
What a terrible turn of events! Clever, disgusting orcs, and those poor horselords. :(
Lady of the Beautiful Voice chapter 2 . 10/10/2013
Oh my, this is exciting! And the conversation between Boromir and Aragorn, very moving...I almost needed a tissue.
Lady of the Beautiful Voice chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I think your twist to the original story is intriguing. I'm hooked.
Mysterious Prophetess chapter 10 . 6/26/2013
Hello, after-the-fact review and all but I felt I had to say this:
Halbarad's attitude towards Boromir doesn't seem like a character assassination to me.
He's one of Aragorn's rangers, loyal to him, and you provided him with a logical distrust.
-MP
yumeniai chapter 19 . 3/5/2013
I want to cry because this was such an amazing read from start to finish, and the ending was just so sad. Boromir ... his character is excellent here, as was all the other characters. I love how you progressed Aragorn and his friendship - they always seemed to be at each other's throats in canon, but you made their progression to something much deeper so natural. The blindness was fascinating too, with all its challenges ... and of course, the relationship between Boromir and Merry, which was utterly adorable, sad, and beautiful.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
Umm... So I may or may not be listening to Boromir's Last Stand while reading this, and I may or may not be sobbing my eyes out r
Amdiriel chapter 19 . 12/1/2012
First off, this is an amazing story! I stumbled over it yesterday, on an author's favorites list, and have been reading it since. This is the best Boromir fix I've ever read. I am glad there is no slash. This is an old story, I don't know whether or not you'll even read this. I love Gil, and the epilogue made me cry. Now I'm going to read The Steward's Tale. I love your characterizations. Other people have said that they don't like Faramir's dislike of Gil, but I view it as Faramir just not understanding why Boromir is so attached, per se, to this drudge he's never met before, or has any reason to be so attached.

Namárië,
Amdiriel
Izzychase chapter 14 . 7/8/2012
This is a beautiful story and I love the friendship between Boromir and Aragorn - keep up the good work!