Reviews for The Captain and the King
Nini the Electrocuted Sheep chapter 17 . 2/5
So it's been 15 years since you wrote this and I reviewed the first time in 2003, and 9 years since I reviewed a second time in 2009... good thing ffnet doesn't let someone post twice on any given chapter; it's how I knew to find my old reviews. I keep reviewing on an earlier chapter each time, lol. Today is probably the ... fourth? fifth? time that I've read this beautiful masterpiece, and I feel the need to review a third time.

I never tire of this story. Even at a fifth reading, I still squirmed or flinched at every blow that fell on Boromir or Aragon's heads in Isengard, held my breath every time Halbarad was mentioned, grinned at all of Merry and Pippin's antics, and wept freely while reading the parting chapter and the epilogue.

I read this the first time in 2003 as a kid in high-school, still high on watching the movies in the theater. Today, at 28 years of age, in the process of getting my degree (and procrastinating on studying for my exams) I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time.

I have no idea if you're even still connected to your ffnet profile and if you'll get this message. But it so, know that I hold this fanfic quite high in my top 5 favorites of any fandom, ever.
ksecc1 chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
Wow. This is really well written. Lots of tears! Thanks for sharing it with us.
kaz chapter 7 . 9/7/2016
God i love your fic _
Altarian chapter 19 . 6/23/2016
Very nicely done! I was curious how you would deal with consequences of Boromir being alive...and I believe you have done well! Yours was sesitively written story and I have enjoyed it.
wotumba1 chapter 19 . 1/24/2016
what a wonderful story!
made me appreciate boromir and his journey even more
SEA chapter 19 . 10/11/2015
Dear Plastic Chevy
I stand in awe of this magnificent story. [Drying my tears] - Boromir was, is, always will be my favourite character.] You portrayed them and it seemed as if they stepped out into our world. l
Such bravery and love shared by such wonderful 'real' you so much for writing such a magical story. It will live forever in my memory.
I will now return to find other stories penned by you.

Many thanks and good wishes
Guest chapter 19 . 1/7/2015
A fitting end to this story for it was that very promise made by Aragorn that had me first in tears. Now I'm in tears again...Wonderful, lovely writing.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/7/2015
A masterpiece full of loving friendship. I was moved by your attention to each character's relationship to one another as well as your emphasis on what is love, duty, and honor. You respected each character and never let them become one-dimensional. This is an older story, but a complete gem.
MuggleCreator chapter 19 . 11/21/2014
Great story.
Loved the characterisations. Well, except what you did with Halbarad – though I know someone had to be the villain...
Also loved what you did with the haracter of Gil.
Luthien chapter 19 . 3/12/2014
I just finished reading this and I want to say...
Oh my word. You are a wonderful writer. I cried so many times while I was reading this... Beautifully written, You made the alternate Universe fit in so well with Canon that I could have hardly noticed the difference, and your style of writing is absolutely superb. Will be favoriting as soon as I can log on, and I will be reading and following the sequel.
Many thanks for writing,
IstariWho chapter 19 . 2/16/2014
Wow...Amazing story!
Wouldn't the line of Stewards continue after Aragorn's death? Boromir's grandson could be Steward when Eldarion takes the Throne...
hootowl chapter 19 . 1/14/2014
so heart-wrenchingly touching! loved the story.
Forged Obsidian chapter 19 . 12/1/2013
It was worth staying up late to read, because it was exactly what I was looking for.
Everything was perfect. The language and how you used it - the formal way of speaking that Tolkien used - was wonderful, and did not take long to get used to.
I look forward to reading the next installment of a wonderful story!
Thank you for writing this!
Lady of the Beautiful Voice chapter 3 . 10/10/2013
What a terrible turn of events! Clever, disgusting orcs, and those poor horselords. :(
Lady of the Beautiful Voice chapter 2 . 10/10/2013
Oh my, this is exciting! And the conversation between Boromir and Aragorn, very moving...I almost needed a tissue.