Reviews for The Letterbox
Wait... Booth, Can and Angela all KNOW how much having those letters exposed hurt Brennan... and they *compound* his betrayal by letting him entice them into the same betrayal? Do they ALL want to prove to her that they can't be trusted to respect her privacy?
iridescenceofthewind chapter 12 . 2/5/2018
Okay god, I’m dying this was absolutely, hilariously, amusingly, sweetly, awesome chapter. I love the way the 4 others are hearing them and seeing them and talking about them in different situations like this, it’s so freakin hilarious. It’s the perfect Bones family dynamic straight off the printing press as if from the show! So great lol
iridescenceofthewind chapter 2 . 2/4/2018
Okay, please totally disregard and forget my stupid earlier comment. I reread the chapter and realized I didn’t read in context correctly, thus my silly conclusion of how I talked about me thinking they were in an established relationship. It was not confusing, just for me, (because, well––it’s me lol). I’m loving this so far, especially now that I’m getting into it much more. And DEFINITELY...that letter...wow. How did you do that?! Because damn, you just totally described her emotions like it was nothing, and it came out perfectly and honestly, it felt soooo right. I wish they addressed the whole thing more, but it was put to the back burner because of the whole Gormogon thing and Zack. I felt like it was a great way to really have Booth see how she felt, what she went through– to an extent– and how it affected her overall. I can’t wait for the rest of this to develop, along with more letters! If it’s anything like this first bit, then I know for a fact that I’m going to be thoroughly enjoying this :)
iridescenceofthewind chapter 1 . 2/4/2018
I’m intrigued lol. I’m a little confused by the premise just because of the way Booth is so lax in the beginning, and I assumed at first that they were already in an established relationship for this fanfic. I get that they usually are quite lax, especially Brennan and you know, all of her bluntness about sex and stuff. I don’t know, I know I’m into it, just a little bemused by the beginning, that’s all... I really am interested into the letter part, and from the reviews, I hear it’s not just focused on the letters (which was what I was expecting), but also on some cuteness, misunderstandings (quite hilariously) and just another plot with it. So I’m interested to see where this goes! :)
Tamara chapter 1 . 10/3/2017
Hello
readerkp16 chapter 23 . 10/29/2016
This story was so beautifully crafted I stayed up late into the night to finish it
georgiporgi97 chapter 23 . 1/7/2014
This is my phrase I use when I'm hooked on a story and I find a new one that's great and review to that author that THEIR STORY is the BEST one I have ever ready. But then I find another and that one is the BEST. I want to tell you the same thing but this story is so much more than all the other "bests." It was heart-wrenching and awful but so utterly honest. Booth was so wrong in what he did, but he loved her. And the letters. You captured her internal turmoil, her horrible past. I was terrified that you would let them give into the tension like so many writers do only three chapters in. And right there, I stop reading. Those who hold the tension, and somehow destroy their fragile relationship are the true AUTHORS. So many times I had to stop and put down this story to wipe tears out of my eyes, scream into my pillow or squeeze it to my chest. There was so much raw emotion in the letters. I don't even know which one stood out the most. They were all unique yet similar because of her torture. She's overcome so much. I desperately want to know what her final letter said, but in a way I'm glad you didn't share it. I'm so guiltily happy that she found the letter in the book - so clever - and then stormed in on him before her could read the contents yet still knowing it was to him. The letter being destroyed almost represents their scared and broken relationship. And then with Parker there and booths life utterly falling apart because as much as Brennan said Booth hold her together, she held him together. I don't know if I want to read the sequel because this story alone was so perfect. But like Booth, I'm addicted to your writing. I will read the next because I can't not read it. So I send this review, more like a salute, to you. You have captured so much more than just Booth and Brennan in this. I don't know what it is and I'm going to read this again. I've never read a fanfic twice, in the thousand. Yes, thousand that I've read. Good stories are become harder and harder to find. I search by keyword and number of most reviews or favorites. Yours should be at the top. The other Bones stories at the top are good. Most memorably about Brennan's reaction to Booth's death and then coming back into her life. They were good and I cried but not like this. You've shook me to the soul. There isn't much Booth and Brennan reaction like in other stories. But you have what I crave. They don't get together, and that is what makes them B&B. But in a way they are closer. It is such and into many story, yet so wrong because what Booth does is WRONG. I was scared that your story wasn't complete. I probably would have found your address and begged you on my knees to tell me what happens. How would you fix this because every scenario in my head would not match yours. Your ending was perfect. Not oberdone. I know I sound like a complete nut and I'm so sorry if I'm scaring you with all of this. But what do I know, I'm in high school. Anyways. I've never - and I say this truthfully - never read something as astoundingly real life and true and utterly fantastic as this. Believe me, you have a gift.
Liv it up 124 chapter 23 . 6/28/2013
In it's purest form, you are amazing. This is amazing. I'm going to try not to cry and go read the next one- I'm so in love with this it's not funny.
marceline19 chapter 23 . 5/27/2013
I am really happy to not hace to wait to read the rest of the story!
marceline19 chapter 22 . 5/27/2013
I really love this story!
marceline19 chapter 21 . 5/27/2013
oh too bad, I really wanted to know what was written in this last letter!
JK chapter 23 . 3/3/2013
This story really sucks you in. You need to know what the next letter will reveal. Happily going to read the sequel.
1annie13 chapter 23 . 12/11/2012
I started reading this story in the summer but somehow never finished and it got deleted from my history. I always wondered way I have never favorited it until now, but I regret it. I have been looking for this story for the past month or two (I forgot the title) and can't believe I found it! This is such an amazing story and I feel you have captured the characters personalities very well and creatively(from past seasons). This one of my favorite Bones Stories!
EveyEve1215 chapter 23 . 11/15/2012
Wow. What a great read. I love Kentucky story. The almost innocence of their cuddling too cute... And honestly so boy meets girl and comforts girl. Great scene when she wraps in a ball into him and puts her cold feet between his thighs :). And the morning they wake up and she is like spread eagle and he is corted in the 90 degree angle. :) Though I am upset woth Booth for his actions I hope that he fixs it. It's almost not fair you know because he got to find out just about everything about Brennan and she honestly doesn't know him to these deepths. He cheated. That's not fair.
Poor Parker. That was another sad moment that he was honestly so caugt up in his fight with Brennan he didn't even notice him. Nonetheless I love the story. Great read. I was almost three chapters into the sequel before i realized there was a part one. I don't know if you mention in your ANs but I'm glad I caught on before it was too late.
Phoenix Rysng chapter 12 . 10/18/2012
Fantastic writing. Very humorous at the end. Couldn't stop laughing.