Reviews for Tru Angel
cherrygurl1225 chapter 8 . 7/1/2011
You dedicated this story to me and I haven't reviewed? Shame on me! I love the crossover with The Vampire Diaries because of how you presented it.

"This is not in the script!" Damon objects.

"Sorry, but your script is bollocks so we've decided to rewrite it." Spike says. "Besides, what kind of a title is 'Vampire Diaries' anyway? I mean seriously, can you imagine the oldest vampire in the world sitting on his desk and writing: 'Dear diary: I turned a slayer today'… well boohoo, beefcake, I singlehandedly killed two!" Spike brags, inappropriately.

Oh, Spike. You would say and do that. That's hilarious! I especially love it when Spike says 'bullocks'. :)

I like that Gunn says Tru has mad skills. I agree, Gunn. I agree.

I really love the first Tru/Faith exchange in this, especially Faith saying that Tru reminds her of Buffy and why. I could actually totally see Faith saying this. It's really sad that the reason Faith acts out is because she has very little self-confidence, that she feels inferior to both Buffy and Tru. I love that Tru reminds Faith of the good things she's done and isn't willing to give up on her sister. That is real sisterhood and can't be broken no matter how many years they go without seeing each other. That "book quote" is gorgeous, too, and so pertinent!

It's interesting how you chose Faith/Spike as a pairing. I see it within the context of your story, but I'm not sure if I could see it out of context. It's not a pairing I'd actively think of shipping or have even considered before, but I love the way Tru teases Faith about it. Like sisters should. ;)

This is my favorite part:

"Okay, how 'bout you and Jack?"

"Jack?" Tru did not expect that question.

"How many times have you managed to sleep with him without throwing the universe out of balance? And remember, you can't fool me either!"

Tru laughs coyly and says: "Just once." Faith looks at her with a grin. "Okay, maybe twice." Tru admits.

Ahhh, YES! Most excellent! I LOVE it! I am so tempted to write a Tru/Jack companion piece to this in which Jack picks up Tru from the airport and asks how meeting her sister went. And Faith could call in the middle and suspects that they're 'doing it' or something. Oh, they are so cute, aren't they? The universe will definitely be knocked out of balance a bit with all of the insatiable tension/chemistry/sexiness they have going. THEY'VE HAD SEX MORE THAN ONCE! SO MUCH WIN. SO MUCH!

Thank you for another wonderful story and sweet dedication. I hope this is not your last story forever. That would make me very sad. Sad Lara is never a good thing. I WILL MISS YOUR WRITING SO MUCH!
DritneyForever chapter 8 . 6/15/2011
Excellent ending to your fanfic. I love it.
cherrygurl1225 chapter 7 . 5/14/2011
I love the opening of this and how Tru and Faith have been talking about "school, work, mistakes, boyfriends..." LOL. I thought that was really funny and clever for some reason.

Oh, Harrison and Faith have been keeping in touch? Nice! I like that Tru would be completely clueless about that. That's what makes Harrison and Faith's relationship interesting, I imagine, or at least it would be very different from what Tru and Harrison have.

LMAO! The listing of boyfriends! YES!

"That he's a hottie… and that you both have an unspoken love for each other!"

"WHAT?" Tru shouts. "Over my dead body!" She says with an embarrassed, confused expression, mixed with unconvincing defensive denial. But Faith is too familiar with her sister's reactions to be fooled by that.}

That is just too perfect! And Tru would totally be defensive, especially when it comes to Jack! Unspoken love! They would! AHHH. HAVE THEY BEEN HAVING SECRET SEX LIKE JEFF AND BRITTA? PRETTY PLEASE? Maybe Harrison only knows so much and it's something that Tru would admit to Faith later on. Although her interest in Angel is also interesting. I just love that Faith would know about Jack without Tru knowing. I do feel bad for Tru, but it adds an interesting twist.

I also like the way Harmony is written here and your crossover with The Vampire Diaries is great!

Love the cliffhanger ending! How DID Faith end up in the TV? Say whaaaaat?

Update, update! Sorry, that Jack mention has me squealing like the fangirl that I am. Since I'm trying to work on my own fic, it has me bouncy.
cherrygurl1225 chapter 6 . 5/14/2011
You have this odd way of having me ship Faith/Spike within the context of this story. And the Tru/Faith banter would SO be them. OMG, you nailed that for sure.

"What's LOCD?"

"Load of Crap Disorder."

LOL! That's great! And Spike throwing witty barbs at Tru is funny, too.

Again, I'm gonna say that I love the way you write Lorne. You got his character down so well and I don't even know Angel well as a series. You've also written Wesley perfectly. He WOULD be totally interested in Tru's ability to relive days.

"And a one finger salute to you, boss." Oh, Spike. You would be that way.

I also like that Tru and Faith get some time alone to talk. Very revealing, I'm sure!

Onto review the next chapter! Sorry this was such a late review... just blame finals. ;)
DritneyForever chapter 7 . 5/14/2011
Snarky Granger chapter 6 . 4/27/2011
Ugh! You had to stop there. grr... Show them the pictures. I bet they know who they are. hehe
DritneyForever chapter 6 . 4/27/2011
cherrygurl1225 chapter 5 . 4/24/2011
OK, first of all, I LOVE the way you write Lorne! I know I've probably said that before, but it's really good. And I haven't watched much of Angel, but it totally seems like things he would say.

"HOLY GWAKAMOLY!" Lorne exclaims. "And we thought a show about programmed dolls was gonna cause an apocalypse!" - OMG. YES! My favorite line from this chapter! EXCELLENT.

"Oh come on, guys! Cut her some slack!" Lorne says defensively. "So she's never used a cell phone before, or had a regular job with a good salary. She even described the new set of wheels you got her as 'the best sex-on-wheels she's ever had'. Let her enjoy her new found respect for life a little before she turns from a vampire slayer to a slayer vampire. It's good for her self-esteem."

"Any more self-esteem and she'd tip over!" Gunn argues. - I love this bit, too.

Faith breaking into the jail to rescue Tru totally seems like something she would do. I love how they have to go into the men's bathroom where one of the men are peeing. Faith has no shame! YAY for Faith rescuing Tru! GO! GO! GO!

Really enjoyed this chapter. Good pace and witty writing. I don't know what you were so worried about. It's great!

Looking forward to the next update! :)
DritneyForever chapter 5 . 4/24/2011
Excellent chapter. I love it. Please continue. When you get a chance, check out my tru calling fic and tell what you think.
cherrygurl1225 chapter 4 . 3/16/2011
I haven't seen that much of Angel, but I'd say you definitely have Lorne's character down pat! Every bit of his character and the negotiations with the TOX Broadcasting Company and changing the slogan from 'So Toxic' to 'So Angelic'? Brilliant! Silly TV networks cancelling all of the awesome programming! Shame on them! You tell 'em, Lorne and Angel! ;)

"Stop calling me pastries!" LMAO!

OMG, NOOO! Tru can't get arrested! She's not Faith! What the...?

Way to leave me hanging! Looking forward to your next update and a wonderful TC fic as well. ;)
DritneyForever chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
DritneyForever chapter 3 . 2/12/2011
Excellent First Three Chapters. I Love It. Please continue.
cherrygurl1225 chapter 3 . 1/5/2011
This whole chapter made me smile. And it was really, really sexy! I could sense all of the subtle flirtations between the two and Tru's self-consciousness. I love how you write Tru in this because you have a wonderful way of showing her guarded personality, yet also her quiet strength and emerging vulnerability. Tough balance, but you pull it off brilliantly.

"I can see you're naked… I mean… wet,..." LOL! - Tru would SO be caught off guard and a bit charmed by Angel (and his bare chest). She would totally say that!

Also, Davis calling Tru. Brilliant. Because it interrupts a Tru/Angel moment and it's awkwardly placed, but it works really well and further enhances Tru's uneasiness around Angel.

"Wonderful!" Tru says sarcastically. "Mom would be very proud!" - I don't know why, but I love this line, too! Eliza would have perfect delivery with this. And the expression on Angel's face after she says it... LOL.

What really struck me was the bond between Tru and Faith and how Tru explains this to Angel. As you know in my own fics, I love it when Tru cries and there is something very emotional, moving and beautiful when Tru is describing what she remembers of Faith and her bond with her. I'm not the biggest Faith fan (only cuz I prefer Tru, though Faith is one of my favorite Buffy characters), but it just seems to me like Tru would TOTALLY be the one to see all of these things in Faith, even if she did rebel at a young age. Tru would see the good in her sister, her zest for life, her daredevil personality and I think Tru would love her and accept her in ways that not many people would. That's what I think is so unique about Tru's character. She's multi-faceted, has a deep sense of self and others and could be developed much more than what we see on the series. Or maybe that's just me wanting to see a spiritual version of Tru Calling. I don't know! But anyway... "5 x 5" would totally unite them. I LOVE that.

"Forgetting all about her anger and disappointment, Tru brushes Faith's hair back and cleans the blood off of her face and neck with a wet wipe. "She always cared about her personal hygiene." She remembers. "Loved to shower… Loved to eat… Loved leather, and loud music…. Loved life!" Tru sits at the side of the bed facing her sister, with her back to Angel. "When our mother died, we both made a promise that we would always be there for each other no matter what. That together we are strong, and if we weren't together, all we had to do is remember this promise and say the magic words and everything would be alright, we would feel safe."" - Beautifully written. I LOVE it!

Anyway, update soon cuz I wanna know how Tru is going to save Faith! Will she get to her sister in time?

Also, looking majorly forward to your Tru Calling/Community fic. Just so I know I'm not the only one writing those kinds of fics! ;)
cherrygurl1225 chapter 2 . 12/28/2010
LMAO! This is so great! I love this.

First we have protective Davis checking Tru's blood pressure while she's being given a lecture about vampires by Davis.

"Ugh, you're so lucky!" Davis surprisingly says. "I spent all these years in the morgue waiting to see just one vampire. You've only been here one year and you've already met two?" - Oh, you SO would be that way, Davis! LOL.

I can also totally see Giles and Davis having met at some point, so there's definitely something there. I really like that Davis knows all about this and Tru is the skeptical one this time.

"Something like what? My 140/89 value blood in a golden goblet?" - That's a wonderfully sarcastic very Tru-like line.

And also, I love how Davis doesn't remember Buffy's name. Bailey or Bonnie. LOL. Poor guy. Gotta love him in his own weird adorable way, though.

I'm also greatly intrigued by the whole "Faith is dead" plot. Was NOT expecting that twist in the end at all, so please update soon! I want to know how Tru is going to be able to help Angel. You've built up a wonderful sense of conflict and urgency in both their worlds and I'm excited to see what the next chapter(s) will bring!
cherrygurl1225 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
OMG, I LOVE THIS! First of all, what book is Tru reading in the beginning? I love that quote! Poor girl all alone there at the morgue at 2:45 AM, only to get attacked by a vampire! Ahhh. That actually scared me when the vampire opens his eyes and glares at Tru, then runs after her. I could feel all of her anxiety and fear that she was feeling. Thank God for some quick-thinking and self-defense! And then there's her Angel. ;)

Love that he's the one that saves Tru from the vampire and how he leaves just as mysteriously as he had arrived. I wonder how Tru's world and Angel's world will collide now and if Jack will be involved. All I ask is that you don't make Jack a vampire! That would kinda ruin everything for me.

But who knows? Maybe after this fic, you'll have me shipping Tru and Angel! Update soon! :)