Reviews for Blue Christmas
medcat chapter 3 . 12/25/2012
I love it! Well-told, well-rhymed, and amusing :) Well done! Thank you for a most entertaining read! You've done the story justice.
medcat chapter 2 . 12/25/2012
Lovely :)
medcat chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
I love this! Excellently and amusingly re-told in verse :)
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
Great poem fic.
James Birdsong chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
Good.
Coffee Toffee Twisted Froste chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
I've finally begun to read the Sherlock Holmes adventures, and I must say they're fabulous, though of course you know this already.

You've done a marvelous rendition of this adventure- it does take skill and patience for all this rhyming, but it is good and I love it, so thank you for sharing! I'm thrilled to have read the story, and know what you're talking about, because it makes a good deal more sense this year than last, and as I said, the verses are fantastic.

~Squeaks
nomdeplume30 chapter 3 . 1/1/2011
This was GREAT! I loved it! Sagacity and capacity were my favorite rhymes. Impressive. :) there were plenty of other parts I liked and I ended with a big grin. Thanks for sharing.
BookwormExtraordinary chapter 3 . 12/30/2010
Loved it! It stayed true to the story and all the words rhymed! Marvelous!
Faithful Bozwell chapter 3 . 12/26/2010
Bravo! This was an absolutely delight to read; what a clever idea to tell the story in verse!
Stutley Constable chapter 3 . 12/24/2010
Well done! And nicely done at that. You included every detail and did not cheat on the betting scene. That's my favorite part no matter which version I have read, seen or heard. In my opinion, the best of them all was done for radio with Sir John Gielgud. He made a very good Holmes.

I look forward to your next installment.
Belphegor chapter 3 . 12/24/2010
And all was well in 221b Baker Street on Christmas Night :o) Delightful ending to a feat of poetic fiction! No irony in that, I'm just genuinely admiring your ability to tell a story in rhyme! Thank you for this early Christmas present :o]
Intrepid Bandicoot chapter 3 . 12/20/2010
“My name is Sherlock Holmes

I can tell you what Breckenridge won't

It is my business to know

What other people don't”

Don’t we know it! This is a perfect description of Sherlock Holmes right there.

A very nice, happy, Christmassy conclusion to the story. I think that even though the actual story is set around Christmas, it has little to none holiday spirit. So, you composing this poem makes it all the better to read!

I found this story to be a very cheerful 30 minutes of reading!

Thank you! :D
Intrepid Bandicoot chapter 2 . 12/20/2010
You know, I just got the fact that the name of the story “Blue Christmas” refers to the “Blue Carbuncle”, which is the name of the actual story. Very clever, that!

“Back out into the cold

Mr. Baker went with a grin

A much happier man

Than when he came in”

Indeed, he was! I love this stanza!

Very nice! Still the same attention to detail in verse!

Onto the nest part!