Reviews for Passing Years
Doc Yewll chapter 5 . 1/20
é simplesmente , tenebroso, maravilhosos adoro seu jeito de escrever, natureza humana crua, delicioso como carne mal passada...
Arpad Hrunta chapter 5 . 8/10/2014
This is a really good story, all the way through. Dark dark dark, mind you, but that's not a bad thing at all. The Volkari make one long for the tender mercies of the Hirogen or the Krenim!

Well done.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 4 . 8/10/2014
You really weren't kidding about the "dark", were you? Janeway is showing tremendous restraint with both the Doctor and this Volkari.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 3 . 8/10/2014
Chilling.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 2 . 8/10/2014
I can see this pairing, especially in the context you give it. I'm actually hoping it works for them!
Arpad Hrunta chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Wow. You weren't kidding with the darkness.

I didn't see the last two seasons of Voyager - no station in my town syndicated it. The C/7 thing sort of came out of nowhere for me - as I gather it did for many other people!

I can totally see your portrayals of Seven, Janeway and Chakotay - pretty realistic, I would say. I liked Seven, and don't think she necessarily *must* have gone this way, but it's certainly plausible.

This is a really good chapter. I look forward to more!
XenaEatsGrapes chapter 5 . 5/8/2014
I vote with another reviewer! That was the most wicked fan fic EVER! Absolutely! My Cormac McCarthy-loving heart is thrilled!
Guest chapter 5 . 5/2/2014
This was a great story and I couldn't stop reading it. The suspense was heart pounding when the enemy bordered the ship and slaughtered her crew right in front of her. I hated the doctor so much for keeping one of the enemy alive in sick bay and all I could think of was how much I hated the doctor at that time. I was hoping she was going to have Torvone served up on a platter with A Sauce soon after he was killed. You're a fabulous author please write more Voyager stories even if the show is only on TV in reruns. what tHe f***
I Don't Want No Stinkin' Legends!

Author:
Dee Price
Rated:
PG
Disclaimer:
You know the drill. Paramount owns all things Trek and I'm merely borrowing some names for my story.
Summary:
With Paris being held captive and Janeway unable to obtain his release, she and Chakotay discuss possible means of rescuing him. Chakotay starts to mention the answer and Janeway rudely cuts him off, saying his legends are a bunch of useless information. Chakotay, very hurt, walks out and won't speak to her.

"Enough Chakotay! I don't want to hear any more legends! I want action. I want facts. I want the truth!"
Chakotay smiled. "But listen to the words, Kathryn. The facts, and possible action for our situation, are in the words," he said softly, trying to defuse Kathryn's outburst.
"No! I don't want to hear your legends and I don't want you to tell me about the Scorpion and don't even try telling the Angry Warrior legend. It's useless information and I don't want to hear it! I want . . ." Kathryn slapped both hands to her cheeks and a horror-stricken look came over her face upon realizing what she had said, and looked aghast at Chakotay, who had a very, very shocked and hurt expression on his face.
Oh My God, I didn't mean that! Why did I say that? It's totally untrue! I loved, adored the Angry Warrior and what it really meant. I love what it reminds me of . . . memories of Chakotay, our time on New Earth and what could have been. Oh God, what have I done? I can't believe I said such a thing! She extended her hand toward him. "Chakotay I didn't mean how that sounded! Please, I. . ."
Chakotay silently turned and walked out of the ready Room, hesitated for a fraction of a second on the top step as he glanced at Tuvok, and then turned and walked off the Bridge. A few moments later Kathryn walked out, glanced quickly at the command chairs and noted Chakotay wasn't there. She walked to her seat, sat down, and turned to Tuvok.
"Report Tuvok."
"Everything is the same Captain."
Nodding she asked, "Did Chakotay go to Engineering?"
"He did not say his destination, Captain. I assumed he was leaving on some direction of yours."
"Harry," she said turning in his direction and not confirming or denying Tuvok's statement, "What do your sensors show?"
"Nothing Captain. No change."
Kathryn sighed and turned forward, her mind in turmoil, but not about Voyager's present circumstance, but about her thoughtless and untrue remark to Chakotay . . .
She had probably ruined not only whatever hope she had about Chakotay whenever they made it back to the Alpha Quadrant, but possibly their current friendship as well. She loved that man, more than she had loved anyone before in her life, with the exception of her father! Every time she loved someone she lost him . . . She was such a fool!
Suddenly she was aware Tuvok was speaking to her. "Yes, Mr. Tuvok. I'm sorry . . . what were you saying?"
As he looked at her, his eyebrow arched and he said, "I was saying Captain, that Lt. Torres was hailing you. Apparently she would like to see you in Engineering."
Rising, she tapped her Com Badge, said "On my way B'Elanna," indicated to Tuvok he was in charge and left. As Tuvok moved to the Command Chair, the ship lurched.
"Sorry sir," said Ensign Nambi at Helm.
"That's all right Ensign. I understand the turbulence in this area of space is quite difficult for you. In time you will learn to pilot Voyager smoothly."
"Thank you sir. I'll do my best."
Tuvok sat and frowned deeply as the current situation raced through his mind. Voyager had been in orbit above the planet T'Igre for almost a month. Their atmosphere was not friendly and blocked all sensor readings as well as communication, the latter being a real problem. Captain Janeway had sent Tom Paris, and Neelix as an Ambassador, in the Delta Flyer to see if they could penetrate this hostile environment, make contact with the natives and establish relations that would allow obtaining supplies. Somehow, someway Mr. Paris and Mr. Neelix had fallen into disfavor with the natives and he and Mr. Neelix had been taken into custody. The fate of the Flyer was still unknown.
All attempts to contact them or the planet had failed, but after two days a ship from the surface arrived, bearing an Envoy and Mr. Neelix. The Envoy explained they had Mr. Paris but were releasing the Ambassador as an act of good faith. During the following two weeks the Envoy flew up to Voyager daily, and the Captain, Commander and Mr. Neelix had attempted negotiations for Mr. Paris' release. Mr. Neelix reiterated his statement over and over again that they had done nothing wrong, and indeed that might be the case, as it has been determined this planet was an isolationist society and viewed all strangers as 'invaders'.
During these negotiations the Commander had delicately tried to find out why the Envoy's ship could fly in this environment while no one else could, all to no avail. One day while negotiations were going on in the Ready Room, the Captain had B'Elanna and Harry secretly try to study and penetrate the alien ship with sensors in an effort to discover the reason, but the sensors could not penetrate the hull nor could they determine what the ship was composed of, adding another roadblock to a frustrating month. This act, deemed 'aggressive' by the Envoy, had resulted in a breakdown of negotiations.
Now it seems the Captain and Commander had just had a disagreement if he had read their expressions correctly. Meanwhile B'Elanna, along with Harry, had been trying different methods of determining a means of either communicating or getting down to the planet and trying to make face-to-face pleas for Mr. Paris' release. The ship suddenly lurched again, much to the chagrin of the replacement Helmsmen.
Tuvok looked down at Ensign Nambi. She was actually an excellent pilot, but never had flown a ship as large as Voyager before and now, as a replacement pilot for the missing Paris, was having to learn 'on the job'.
"Steady, Ensign. Stay calm and just try to keep Voyager flying as smoothly as possible."
Ensign Nambi, her face flushed in embarrassment, merely nodded.
* * * * *
Janeway walked briskly into Engineering and noted Chakotay and B'Elanna huddled over a console. Chakotay looked up at the sound of the doors opening and turning his back to Janeway and quickly walked to the far end of the room. Janeway's heart lurched upon seeing this but she tried to maintain a stoic expression.
"Anything, B'Elanna?"
"Sorry Captain, it was a false alarm."
"Explain," said Janeway, her eyes flitting in Chakotay's direction.
"Well Chakotay and I thought we had figured out a way to send a message to the surface, saying you hadn't meant to offend them when we tried to scan their ship and were just concerned about our crewmember, but when Chakotay and I attempted a trial run just now it didn't work."
"I see," said the Captain, her eyes continually darting over to Chakotay's position. "The Commander authorized the message?"
"Yes Captain. I hope you are not upset we were doing that."
"No, no, it sounded well worded." She continued to glance toward Chakotay as she spoke. "Any thing else you might try?"
"Sorry, not yet. We do have another possible method but that has to be worked out."
"Well keep working on it and keep me posted. Also B'Elanna, rest assured we'll get Tom back. We won't leave without him," she said as reached over and squeezed B'Elanna's arm.
"Thank you Captain, I appreciate that," said B'Elanna.
She nodded and with one last glance over at Chakotay turned and left Engineering.
Chakotay immediately walked back to where B'Elanna was standing. She looked at him.
"What was all that about?"
"What do you mean?"
"Oh come on Chakotay. The minute the Captain walks in you walk away and she can't keep her eyes off you the whole time she's talking to me. You two have a fight?"
"We had a small disagreement and I don't wish to discuss it okay? Let's get busy on this other idea."
B'Elanna looked at him for another second then turned to her console and the two spent an hour trying to work out Chakotay's new idea.
After his shift was over Chakotay headed for the Holodeck. He was still seething inside about Kathryn's remark and having to sit on the Bridge with her after returning from Engineering was not pleasant. He initiated a Handball game and began playing, hitting the ball as hard as he could. Thirty minutes later he took a particularly vicious swing at the ball and as it made contact with his hand the ball split in half.
He looked at the two halves spinning on the floor for a second, then bent over, hands on knees, breathing heavily and sweat pouring from his face to the floor.
"Feel better?" said a voice from behind.
Turning he saw Kathryn standing at the edge of the door and on a sudden burst of anger at seeing her turned and punched the wall. An audible crack was heard and Chakotay realized he had broken his hand. Trying not to show pain he turned towards the door just as Kathryn said, "Chakotay! You hurt yourself. Let me see your hand."
He brusquely brushed past her saying, "Sorry Captain, I have an appointment in Sick Bay," and walked out, leaving the Captain standing there.
* * * * *
That evening Chakotay sat staring out his Port view window when his door chimed. He felt irritated for a moment then called out rather roughly "Come In!"
The door slid open to reveal B'Elanna who smirked and said, "If you're going to bark at me I may not come i
badmelk chapter 5 . 10/16/2010
Wow! I'm speechless. Freakin awesome. Just wow.
milkywaymidnight chapter 5 . 2/19/2008
I was hoping for more J/K in this, but I loved it! Sorry I had to pass by most of the 'we have to eat the dead' parts. It just made my stomach churn.*Shudder*. Hope to see more J/K fics from you in the future:)

I love that pairing and no one writes enough of it.
jinj chapter 5 . 4/11/2007
Juh-ezus. That was great. Also, I was listening to Insane Clown Posse's 'Nothing's Left' during this and it added fantastically to the mood.

Really great fic. Sad, bitter and great.
RingWarriorAzec2113 chapter 5 . 3/13/2007
OMg this is so sad. I never thought anything could break Janeway. Really good.
eternity-99 chapter 5 . 9/25/2005
Long but good. Thank you for writing this.
peacejaw chapter 5 . 8/5/2004
This is an intersting story... and while it's good to see an AU to 'Endgame', I'm fairly certain that Chakotay would not cheat (even via looking around) on a wife (whether it's with Seven, Janeway, or someone else). I'm also fairly certain that he would not be so careless in his job, especially when confronting Janeway on her depression (even if he was married to someone else). While things might not of worked out for Seven/Chakotay in the Star Trek Universe (see the books post Endgame), I can deffinantly see a solid friendship there. And maybe, given the right opportunities, a solid marriage. Then again, I do prefer a J/C... but that's just a preferance, right? ;)

Why can't a Chakotay/Seven relationship work? I've always wondered about that... I just wish that if it was going to happen, that we'd have seen more of this plot development long before the last Voyager season.

For that matter, why did it take so long for a P/T marriage? Since the Startrek writers were so intent on the marriage (which I think works), the marriage could have easily come ... say in the fourth or fifth season...

While I can also envision Janeway with a few possibilities (including Chakotay, Tuvok, Seven, B'Elanna, and *maybe* Tom Paris), I find it kind of difficult to comprehend a Janeway/Kim lover/marriage type of thing. For one thing, there is a major age difference (even more than Chakotay/Seven, in my opinion). Then again, you also warned about this situation arrising, so I applaud your efforts to write outside of the box.

I have to wonder, though, in your story, why did you have Janeway take all of her emotional frustrations out on Seven and/or Chakotay? To me, she doesn't seem the type of person to do that (but again, it's just an opinion). Just a thought to ponder, at least.

All in all, I'd have to say that I liked your story, despite my questions... and despite it being darker than most of the stories I've read around here.
Polgaria chapter 5 . 6/20/2003
Dude- that was the most wicked fan fic EVER! I really loved how bitter the entire thing was, and then at the end, how it was triumphant, but still seemed to be tainted by the overlaying bitterness.

~PoL