Reviews for Awakening
EmilyHelene chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
That last line was so loaded with poetic cliche but I'm a sucker for that stuff so well done. I really liked the overall flow of this story and the progression of there relationship. You made everything really palpable. I do wish you would have developed Arthur's character just a teeny bit more and I would recommend maybe ironing out the middle part to make it a bit more concise. These are all just nit-picky things! Overall, a brilliant idea and story - the ending was by far my favourite part!
Regsd chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Honestly one of the best Inception fics I've ever read. For the life of me, I can't understand why you haven't got more reviews ;)
You managed to keep Ariadne and Arthur in character and show a more 'unpolished' take on their job, which I, personally, think many other authors are missing.
Secret Storywriter chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
How do you DO that?

How do you take the words that flow so easily in my head and put them onto paper (or the computer screen)? They sound so elegant and carefully calculated. Everything was so real (as real as Inception gets).

See: you're rubbing off on me! I usually detest scattered parentheses throughout a story, but for some reason, as I was reading your story, I couldn't help but accept the presence of each one.

I also have a bad habit of rushing through lines in a story, but you kept me so intrigued that I had to scrutinise each line to make sure that you kept everything in character. There isn't even one line that I could accuse of being unnecessary or OOC.

Often times, in my reviews, I post the lines that I enjoy the most and write my thoughts about them. I realised quickly that if I did that, I would be posting pretty much your whole story on here.

I loved so many things about this story, I don't even know what to sputter out at the moment. I love how Ariadne had tons of questions about dream building, but she didn't blow up in Arthur's face asking a bunch of them. It shows how she knew Arthur would be there for her when she needed to ask all of those questions.

I love the way Arthur gently prodded at Ariadne and how she spilled so much about herself while he said pretty much nothing. I love the way Arthur adapts to situations ("Arthur seemed to realize it too because instead of his standard concise explanation, she got a few sentences out of him.") I love that Arthur slightly fears Miles. I love how Arthur is truly honest. The moment that Ariadne teases that she is not better than Cobb, Arthur lightly corrects her. As much as it must've embarrassed Ariadne and offended her, it was so realistic! Conversations really DO take place like that in real life! I love how Ariadne reminds Arthur that she could also be available before graduation and then is instantly embarrassed. I love how practical Arthur is concerning his money since he hooks onto Ariandne as a "package deal" and he does his job in a proper fashion (like a thug) rather than in an emotionally compromised way. And still, that brilliant man understands people - maybe Ariadne more so than others - enough to offer slightly more legal jobs to make Ariadne feel more comfortable.

I was surprised very slightly when Arthur kissed Ariadne in the end and I'm still not sure what to think of it. I mean, it was obvious that they liked each other in this story, but I thought that maybe this was just the beginning of their friendship rather than the coworker/friend/mentor relationship they shared during the Inception job. Looking at it, I think the kiss is acceptable and since at times, I really do wish the Ariadne/Arthur couple existed, that kiss was so squeal-worthy.

Do I really need to say how much I loved this after this long review?

You'd better write more Inception fanfiction.

Favorite lines: "Saito was a billionaire—and a thug. Eames was a thug. Cobb was a thug. Arthur, she understood finally, was a thug in a designer suit."
echotheinferno chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
i love it, i was wondering what would happen to them all. awesomeD.
moonfleur chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I loved the ending. And when Ariadne asked him if it was a job interview or a date.
KrystalB2003 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Excellent exploration of two incredible characters! I loved Ariadne's introspection of her own motivations for wanting to go into the business... and of course, her observations of Arthur were absolutely delightful to read! Thank you so much for writing this! It's just what I needed, even if I didn't know I needed it until I read it.
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Yes! The last line was perfect - wonderful story!
HalfwayFlawless chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I love this story! I love how you kept Ariadne and Arthur perfectly in character. This is now one of my most favorite fics ever!
NothingShinesQuiteAsBright chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
:D IT!

lol xD
Kamen Disguise chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
you have no idea how much i frackin' loved this. like, holy crap. in the best way, ever. i love this movie and Christopher Nolan for creating this world, i love these characters and this couple, and i love your writing and the fluidity of this fic and the way you wrote Arthur was impeccable. your idea of the scene post-film is brilliant. shame we can't see it turn into a full-fledged story.

congrats. loved it all.

KD
FigmentOfEternity chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Yay! I loved it!
S. Vale chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
This story was wonderful. It had me giggling and smiling and envying the thug in the designer suit and the architect with evolving morals. I really liked it.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I was so happy to find that you wrote a Inception fanfic! I've loved your Twilight fiction, and I have just watched Inception and fell in love with the movie, the plot, the cast, everything, and I think you did a lovely job characterizing Arthur and Ariadne. I could really see this happening. Great work! Hope to see more from you! :)
Kiwiflea chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Aw, I really liked this. I watched Inception for the first time just last week, and I was obsessed with these two. An awesome pair they make! Keep up the great writing!
sandie.eggo chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Interesting look into Ariadne's thoughts regarding the legality and morality of extraction and her struggle in deciding to continue on with it.