Reviews for The Highest Form of Flattery
Mongoose Peasant chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
I can understand identifying with Mark. It is a bit scary how some of my opinions match his exactly... I just recently discovered the show, and there really should be more things here! Mark and Jez are great characters and I just... I'm weird, ok?
zoku chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Really perfectly captured their voices! I wish there were more Peep Show fics - especially ones this good.

Good on you!
sidbert chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Loved this! It's amazing how well you nailed mark!voice. like sweet, nuerotic music.
Ophelia Havisham chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
That's ace! That's so funny!

Fuck funny. It's ace!

Lol!

The dead kittens thing is great. It's very scary though.
OwenHJones chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
This is fantastic mate. There is not much else to say to that, genuinely loved it. Best line for me was;

"If she turned you down because you're a fucking creeper- which you are, by the way- then what would you do? Cut off an arm? A leg? Why don't you just cut off your cock, Mark, you'll never get to use it if you act like… like…" Jeremy made a vague gesture with his free hand. "Like this."
Talibra chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
I must admit, I read this on my phone a while back, and decided that as it doesn't get enough love I should review the Peep Show fics. It was just as brilliant to read the second time around as it was the first. Of course, the whole "it's fine, I'm wearing a suit" is hilarious, and I do hope you write more- you perfectly capture Mark's character, so perfectly it's scary. You should write for the show! :)
Riona chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
You are absolutely, stunningly brilliant. It's so difficult to pin down the tone of Peep Show in fanfiction, but I think you've got it pretty much perfect. Favourite lines:

'...trying to sound rational. He was in a suit and tie; of course he was rational. That rendered the blood on his arm completely irrelevant.'

It's such perfect Mark reasoning! You've got the way he desperately tries to justify the bizarre things he does so well.

"Nobody cares, Mark- that's what they invented spell check for. You're living in the twenty first century now."

Your Jeremy voice is spot-on here. I can hear him saying this.

"Yeah, but we both know it's never going to happen. At least, not while you're you. Maybe she would like you more if you stuck a pen in your eye- it might give you an edge."

This is also perfectly in-voice and hilarious, and the way Mark actually considers it for a moment (and his final 'a pen in the eye is essentially equivalent to sex' conclusion) is priceless.

There's so little Peep Show fanfiction out there, so it's always a delight to read more, especially when it's as wonderfully done as this. Thank you so much for contributing to this section!