Reviews for Oath
Circe80 chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Beautifuly written. I especially love Duncan in this one.
And Alistair- sweet and adorable as always.
Well done!
CouslandSpitFire chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
I like this quite a bit :) Your language is great and I personally think you hit Alistair spot-on - clumsy, insecure and kind of put at the mercy of others his whole time until Duncan comes along.
From what you wrote, I had almost expected it was a story after or shortly before the slaying of the Archdemon.

I especially like the last bit, since I think this is one vital point why Alistair enjoyed being a Grey Warden - he was nobody's son and nobody needed to know. He could be himself.

Very nicely done!
Graymalkyn chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Well, this was certainly a lovely piece! I can feel Ali's clumsiness and hesitation and longing... Good job! (And yes, Steve Valentine's got a lot of people to respond to, for giving life to such a wonderful character.)
lisakodysam chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
This is just wonderful. :) I cannot agree with you more when you say that Alistair always has to compromise and go along with everyone else's wishes.

This is beautifully written and I will follow it all the way to that happy (I hope) ending.
cellostargalactica chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
What a great start! I hear the character's voices very clearly; even though I don't think we ever heard Duncan raise his voice in the game, I didn't have any trouble hearing his anger here. Alistair's internal voice is great too. Looking forward to reading more!
Lourdes23 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
YAY! This was great! I'm really excited to see what else you have in store!
Kahva chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
First reaction? SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :) :) :)

Okay, so perhaps not the most eloquent of reviews, but when I got the alert that you had posted up a new fic, that was my reaction. I have to confess that I am not familiar with Dragon Age, but with this fic you have piqued my curiousity. Well-written as always, and even though I am not familiar with the canon, I was able to get into the story and follow it. Excellent work! :)
Star of Airdrie chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Beautifully written as all of your work is. I picture it all, although I have barely ever 'been there' in dear Alistair's universe (although I've seen you play from over your shoulder and you've loaded the game on my laptop... but I've yet to play - hangs head in shame)

And beyond the writing and the imagery, the storyline is beyond promising... and are you truly proffering a happy ending to the dear boy, or rather manly man?

I can't wait

Airdrie
CCBug chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Brilliant! This is SO very well written. You have very successfully helped us climb into Alistair's mind and I like it in here.

The opening, Alistiar's trademark nervousness was beautifully coupled with his trademark awkwardness. Very nicely done! (nice summary as well)

I am excited for you about this story, it will be a treat to see things through Alistiar's eyes. I cannot tell you how much I look forward to his journey.

Please, type quickly!
ReikaLady chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Very nicely written, I like how you had Duncan point out that Alistair could start with a clean slate.
ChampionTheWonderSnail chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Oh the anticipation, waiting for this story and so, soooo worth the wait! The pace is marvellous and I love Duncan's opinion of Arl Eamon. Your Alistair is already making me fall in love with him and he's not even in the sexy splintmail :)

I love the way you write - roll on next chapter (no pressure)