Reviews for Because of the Glasses
naturalherb chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
great story mate, cheers ;-)
Aqua-Et-Vita chapter 1 . 3/15/2013

:D

Absolutely loved it! I can't stop smiling, lol. You did a great job!
SakuraNadeshiko chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I remember watching Static Shock. Oh yeah, those were the good old days. When TV use to have great TV shows but now they show us crap! Anyways I love the story it was great
1337kitsune chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Ah muses...the little sprites can be so darn annoying, can't they? And yet...they help so much... *tries to ignore voices screaming head* Until they start fighting...non-stop...

LOVE this story though! Pure awesome! And it was so cute! I am so faving, and the 27 page thing? So not a bad idea.
Tarice the Styraurus chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Damn, I'm so glad I finished watching the series before reading this. Anyways, this was an awesome story. _ Fluffy. _ In character. _ Just fast enough (given the circumstances that they are given papers that are to be handed in within 5 days). _ Great how the two handle the situation with responsibility. _ 5/5
hittocerebattosai chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Oh god its all Backpack's fault, isn't it? 'E's the one who hid the glasses in the couch, I can see it now.

All while Richie wasn't looking. Way to go, Backpack!

But yes. Fun fic, really liked it, thanks for posting it
gambits princess chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
your a great writer! i absolutely loved this story!
jessica499499 chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I love the hotness! Keep up the Virgil/Richie please! No one does this pairing anymore and you're really good at it!
aku.ebi chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
You have an extremely interesting way of writing. It pulls you in and makes you pay attention. And the fact that this was your first V/R slash is mind blowing. Please write more! XD
Mantinas chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
This was really good.
Onyxlight chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
WOW super nice work on this one!

Found it at the_gas_station on Lj

Onyx aka Lynx212
cracked-out chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I'm being lazy-this is Taylor. I used to watch Static Shock back when. And I bet if I watched it now, I'd probably be watching it with slash goggles.

I find the thought of using Virgil's powers for sex rather awesome.

Also, I like Virgil trying to think through the whole "Richie's gay and in love with me" thing. Because it *is* quite a load to digest.

Them both getting the pile of papers simultaneously made me giggle.

I love Virgil realizing, "hey, wait a minute, I don't just love Richie like my best friend, I'm *in love*."

And that exchange that starts with Richie asking what it's like to be normal and accepted and Virgil says he's not normal either kind of makes me hurt for both of them.

Them cuddling on the couch at the end totally made me go aww...

One nitpick-in my opinion, there should be a warning for the n-word as well as the homophobia.
ReaderOfNeatThings chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Awesome! It is adorable and, in my opinion, in character. Please write more if inspiration strikes! -LAG
Bethja chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
If this was your very first tr for a Static story then I think you did a very good job of it.
the grinch chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
That was… unexpectedly adorable.

It's certainly cliche; I've seen the oh-so-specific “romantic dream journal being discovered by the ‘straight’ friend and leading him to realize that he loves his best friend” theme done one too many times, believe it or not. I also find (as I did here) that dreams are never written as unrealistically as they would actually happen. I mean, I don't know about other people, but my dreams are crazy trippy! I doubt I'd remember specific lines of dialogue, or the way so-and-so’s hand traced up my specific body part. After the fact, the memory is generally a collection of colors and light with an impression of, “whoa, that was hot,” not a bunch of logically-progressing details put together for the benefit of the reader.

I did like Virgil’s reaction to this revelation; sort of distractedly quiet and confused, but accepting. I’ve been in a similar situation with a friend, and it’s great to see the awkward and uncomfortable part acknowledged. Likewise, I enjoyed your handling of Richie’s fear of rejection. These bits of realism are what kept me reading.

As a whole, the fic feels like it's going a little too fast, what with the discovery of the dream journal, Virgil coming to recognize his own feelings, and Richie's burst of distrust all feeling disjointed in their brief intensity. However, the ending is what really shines—you kept a good pace with the smut, and they were refreshingly in-character for the whole exchange. It rounds off sweet and satisfying, and on a particularly beautiful sentence.

Even though this may seem like a nitpicky review, I truly did enjoy this, and I'd love for you to write more. If I didn’t want you to keep writing and improving, I wouldn't have put in the effort to review at all. :] Keep up the awesome work.