Reviews for I'll Follow You into the Dark
unjaundiced chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
It's so sad and haunting, but sort of fitting. It's hard to imagine one without the other and they probably would break if the other died. The lyrics work really well like a whisper narrating a bit of the past and the emotions tied to the future.

So about the gun... I'm guessing this is the one Shizuo got shot with that Izaya had delivered to him? What an uncanny thought.
Karimina6 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011 I cried... :'O
icywarm chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
*sad* Awwwww. I'm tearing up. The song fits perfectly. Death Cab For Cutie makes so many songs perfect for somgfics. Great. I'm reminded of another Death fic I read yesterday. I'm so sad now. May they rest in peace.
UnderTheGrave chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I can honestly say that this is the first compilation of text that has ever made me cry. To tell the truth, I have been listening to this song non-stop for a while, so when I saw this story, I just had to see. You executed it so perfectly. You put the lyrics in so perfectly, especially at the end when Shizuo killed himself. It fit so well with the story. You put my first Shizaya story to shame.

God, I'm crying like a baby. I think anyone, whether they're atheist, christian, agnostic, or anything else, can appreciate both the song and this magnificent story you have written, because it is a very heart-wrenching plot, but in the end, I felt very happy because you made a very nice, soft ending. Thank you so much for writing it. Now I'm off to listen to the song yet again! :')
Black Cat chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
this is great i really loved the poem things and how 'And in the heavens above, all Hell was breaking lose' fucking amazing
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
WHY SO ANGSTY. but I like it :D Good job!
anon azure chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
sad but I like it!
TheDarkWingedAngel chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I think it's Shinra, or Kasuka who made that joined burial.

So heart wrenching.

It's so unfortunate that they both died.

But at least Shizuo gets to follow him.
A chan chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Waaahhh... I... I almost cried. D:

This is exactly the way I think it would play out if one of them killed one another. It's so sad. Dx

Beautifully written~~ ; o;