Reviews for Past Midnight
peachypanther chapter 1 . 5/10
Yemi Hikari: although I do like Wally/dick slash, I have to agree with you this fanfic was purely platonic and I hate the idea that two boys can't just be friends, although I'm no homophobe, I do support gay relationships 100%. Also you said this was a little while after the Cadmus incident, so I don't understand how Conner and Kaldur got together so fast. If you ask me it was implied that they were together 'sexually' and I just can't understand how people who have only known each other like a week could get that close in such a short time. But anyway that's just my opinion and I do think that the author of this story is a good writer and I'm not trying to be rude or judgemental.
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
I’m tired of platonic feelings between two guys being misconstrued as romantic, but sadly this dissatisfaction hits hard home with not only the story, but also the responses to said story.

Particularly, the writer promised a slash-fic for Kid Flash and Robin, but instead what I read contains no romantic connotations and is instead pure platonic. Worse, the reviews clearly show the fans of this particular pairing – or at least the ones which gushed praise blindly on this particular story – can’t tell the difference between platonic and romantic interactions. More specifically, I keep thinking of the rabid yaoi fangirls who see yaoi in everything, including the real life interactions between guy friends.

And no, claiming the story is light slash doesn’t make the platonic interactions between the two characters suddenly not platonic. In fact, I find the fact the writer is telling the reader that the platonic interactions are supposed to be interpreted as non-platonic. This falls into the territory of show-don’t-tell, but it also implies that romantic trumps platonic. It also implies that it’s not possible for two guys can’t just be friends. Worse, I’m left with the impression that the writer is afraid to delve into REAL slash, simply because their story didn’t move beyond the platonic in nature.

I’m also unimpressed, unlike another reader, with the subtle hints that Superboy and Aqualad are also together. Again, the reader is told, not shown. There’s no way Wally and Dick should know that the two are even up – all to convenient, but neither would come to the conclusion they were together, let alone root for the two to be together like two fangirls. Seriously, the manner they acted isn’t how guys act, but is how girls act. In other words, both pairings are forced – told instead of shown.

In truth, the whole premise for shipping ends up being that the characters look sexy together, not because the two characters actually have chemistry. I can’t get past the way the writer makes things convenient for the ships, rather than trying to work the two characters together believably. Even taking into consideration the fact the writer didn’t know about Wally’s healing ability, the scenario is unrealistic.

The person who wrapped Kid Flash’s ribs wouldn’t have done it to tightly, but Robin’s bruise – if it really was that bad, wouldn’t have been healed up anywhere near that fast, yet it likely wasn’t that bad. It’s conveniently there so they have a moment. A moment I might add is simply platonic, but the writer tries to pass off as romantic. Either way – whether it be platonic or romantic, it doesn’t work.

More specifically, I want to bring up the fact nobody questions the things I mentioned above simply because their slash kink is getting fulfilled, and in reality, that’s not fair to those slash pairings are supposed to represent. Actually, pushing platonic as romantic is unfair to them as well, but there is such a thing as bromance. It just doesn’t work.
nobody's doorway chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
The team Aqualad comment was funny.
Chalantelle chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Girl- Am I pretty?
Boy- No
Girl- Do you want to be with me forever?
Boy- No
…Girl- Will you cry if I walk away?
…Boy- No
The girl walks away, hurt. Tears running down her face as the boy grabs her arm.
Boy- Your not pretty, your beautiful. I don’t want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever. And I wouldn’t cry if you walked away, I would DIE!
…Boy- Please… stay with me?
…Girl- I will
Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they love you. Something good will happen to you between 1-4 pm. Tomorrow it could be anywhere. Get ready for the biggest shock of your life! If you don’t send this to 5 other events you will have relationship problems for the next 10 years. If you paste this on 10 other stories you will get everything you want tomorrow.
PS: this really works 75
lkhiyfmjh chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Omg so cute Im dying
Jay Q chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Hn, nice and kindda cute :P
Dark Goddess Of Shadows chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
awww... sooo sweet! and in my book KF/Rob will triumph! And im voting 4 Artemis/Zatanna and Kaldur/Roy and the usual Megan/Conner...
MistressOfRobins chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Ah, the awesomeness of boys who simply do not want to sleep. Very nicely written one-shot. It felt a bit rushed, but it didn't matter - it was still sweet and goodly written. Also, the concept of Superboy and Aqualad being a bit more than close friends (as it was hinted to in this) is really, really... thrilling in some way. Loved that touch of the story (: I enjoyed it and the one-shot was entertained me throughout every sentence.

Good job!

- Suzume-sama
lovebird chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Write another chapter!
sumofox chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Nooo, why only a oneshot? I loved reading this. Thanks for the Rob/KF fic!
BloodyLies chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
w Super Cute!

I love how you portray the characters :D

I absolutely love the pairings!
GabbyKat13 chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
this was good you should keep going with it.
MemoryWish chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

This is lovely~ C':
model-3001 chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Woot, this is a nice story. . . .i wants moooorrrrreeeee.
imsofukingdone chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
OHOHOHOHO. Oh you! :U I love this. So fluffy fluff, just the way I like it with these type of characters and you nailed it. I hope you write much more. I do hope for the fandom to grow much larger than this.