Reviews for Flame
may96 chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
huh. different but nice
Haruna Pan chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
So beautiful, you sure know how to take my breath away...
Coralline chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
This was an amazing play on the characters personalities
Ethereal Wishes chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
This is a great one shot! I throughly enjoyed it! It reminds me of the anime Paradice Kiss and your words flow together nicely. Great job!
Amare Infinitum chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Hey Kate,

Bear with me :), this is kind of a long comment.

This was a very sweet story. I was pulled in from the opening scene. There were so many beautiful images and lines in this story. I wouldn’t have expected anything less than amazing with you; knowing how well you write, but this story was an additional treat. There is clearly a sad story for Leon and Sora. I know I said I wouldn’t do this, but I really do want to learn more about them. You just create such vivid, intriguing characters. I love the dancing scene; it was very well done, and I could really picture it as I read.

This is another story that will stay with me long after I’ve read it; I can already tell now.

And now for my favorite lines:

From the blizzard and into the fire… that was how the change felt to her.—This is an amazing opening line. There is so much meaning behind this; it’s beautiful.

It was famous, or infamous, among the students as a textbook hole-in-the-wall café, where the alcohol was strong, the air was heavy and the music flowed in tune with your soul.—Incredible description. Just . . . really great.

So when they had promptly decided to kick her out, she couldn't find it in her heart to be mad.—This makes me really feel for Sora, who had gotten to a place where it just didn’t matter anymore. That has to be terribly sad.

She remembered all these times she had been victorious and wondered why that was not enough anymore.—Again, this is sad. There is so much behind this line; so much emotion and sadness.

She was ready too, to give her all, to push herself to the limit, to tear her toe shoes and feet, if it could extinguish the feeling to complete and utter loneliness that had settled into her.—This is another line that makes me desperate to know more about Sora. She has such a tragic circumstance. And Leon has experienced real tragedy . . . or so I gathered from what I read. There was a bit of mystery about both of their pasts, but his seemed to indicate something tremendously tragic.

Morbidity, as it turned out, was but a strange kind of humor.—This is a really good line, pretty profound.

"More like something," she admitted at length. "I wish I knew what it was, so that I could get it back."—This adds to the intrigue of her situation. It’s sad.

Was she that lonely, that starved for affection, that she went on looking for solace in the arms of a stranger?—I really liked this; it shows the desperation she feels for . . . something—anything that can makes her feel better.

From the back of her head, her sanity whispered weakly that she'd have to get up soon and leave Wonderland, but she could still afford to sink into blissful thoughtlessness.—I liked this; I could really feel her inner battle—and I would have made the same decision.

Leon smirked and pulled her in, "I don't think you lost it to begin with."—This is a great way to end this. It ties up this story nicely, but also leaves it open for more if you chose to do so later on.
sora29leon chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
awesome..

It's just like a "Flower between Pages" only that the story is way different. But the same passion and curiosity lays in the stories.

Perfect..too bad anyway that you made it 1 chapter.
patito chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I have read all Kaleido star fanfics and this is one of my two favorites! is great so please keep going!
Royal blueKitsune chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I squeed and fangirled . !

Just read every phrase and imagine me making random noises of delight at the end of it and you'll know what I mean!

.FABULOUS! Best B-DAY present ever! *swoons*

I can't comment on anything in particular because the whole story would have to be praised paragraph by paragraph and we could be at it all night! *hearts*

*beyond delighted*

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING AWESOME LIKE THIS! (your fans will go wild and beg you to update I'm sure)

Heck...I'd like a sequel of this one too. Maybe next b-day...

*plots* Fufufufufufufu...
Nagasasu chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Oh, wow, I really like this! (Here via the SoraLeon LJ comm) Sora as a ballet dancer isn't something I've seen too often either. :)