Reviews for The Order of the Badger
LisiLouLah chapter 14 . 4/12/2015
I stumbled upon this today and I love what I've read so far, it's a shame you never finished. If you get a chance I'd really appreciate some insight into where you saw this story going.

Lisa x
gandalf chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
This is not a review for this fic. Sorry. I'd like to say something about that Doctor Who/Gone in 60 Seconds crossover. You said the characterization was one the nose. Personally I got as far as the first chapter, where the Doctor threatens Jack and stutters over Rose.
93 Diagon Alley chapter 14 . 8/12/2011
This story is so absolutely fascinating.

I might be a little biased, because it includes a fair amount of Fred and George, and I'm a Hufflepuff, but still.

It's so fantastic. I'm really enjoying seeing things from a totally different (but realistic) perspective, one that I probably never thought I'd be seeing things from.

Keep up the good work, I'll be looking forward to where this story leads from here :)
complex-manifold chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I actually read up to Chapter 11, but I am reserving my comments until I have better thoughts to offer. On the prologue, I would like to say that it is much better written than Chapter 1 (which I believe is because you wrote it later ? either way it is excellent, very atmospheric, perhaps the strongest writing to date). I am quite intrigued by it too - it is so dark compared to the tone of the rest of the story and I hope your heroes' small victories will make it taste less bitter by the end.

On the whole of the story I really like Verity's character, the idea of following one of the "normal people" of the Wizarding World that are neither kids nor ridiculously overpowered... and frankly I was starving for good OC fic, so thank you ! I also like that she's got her own network of friends, because often in fiction the heroes are pretty isolated (they get a sidekick, a love interest and rarely more) so following a main character with decent social/family ties is heartwarming.
jadely31 chapter 12 . 6/19/2011
OK, get Simon to fix the portal and then get him gone. Verity doesn't need him dragging her down. Good story, great premise, glad to see the 'Puffs banding together. Loyalty will overcome a lot. Hope your own personal life settles out-selfish of me because I really hope that you find time to write again soon. Thanks for sharing.
emcee31 chapter 11 . 2/20/2011
What does a steak and ale pie taste like?
jadely31 chapter 11 . 2/19/2011
What a unique concept, the ultimate safe house. I hope Verity lets this info slip to Fred and George, I'm sure the Order could put it to excellent use. And you've left us with another cliffie, what has dad done? Looking forward to your next update.
annewed chapter 10 . 2/6/2011
Another excellent chapter. Your writing is very strong, it's a pleasure to read. The fact that you're using tertiary characters makes it feel like an exciting new story (which, I suppose it is!). It's really wonderful to have the background of the familiar with an entirely original take on things. Keep up the good work, I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment.
emcee31 chapter 10 . 2/6/2011
I hope the Chapter title doesn't mean this story is going nowhere :)

The story title seems to promise several badgers will join the fight.

Do we really have to badger you for some more?
jadely31 chapter 10 . 1/29/2011
Curiouser and curiouser. I liked this chapter, unsolved mystery. Remnants of WWI and Grindewald. I am interested in where you take it. Simon is a bit of a wet blanket, but I'm sure you'll work that out. Thanks for writing and sharing.
XxLeopardPrintxX chapter 9 . 1/20/2011
Cool story so far. Write more soon!

Michy
emcee31 chapter 9 . 1/8/2011
Exciting. Great ideas I hadn't come across before. Thanks!
annewed chapter 9 . 1/8/2011
Brilliant. Strong writing, good description without being overly detailed and boring and I LOVE the pub scene. All around. The end . . . ooooooh. Can't wait to see what's next and why Dementors are hanging about there.
emcee31 chapter 8 . 12/25/2010
Last published chapter already? I'll sign up for story alert. It's really great so for. How many chapters before the Order of the Badger gets underway? I can see it coming in Hannah's lessons to Verity from the DA days, but it could be a long time coming. Even JKR didn't get there until the sixth book. :-D)
emcee31 chapter 4 . 12/25/2010
Here's one vote for long chapters, for what it's worth.