Reviews for The Two Hearts Tournament
NovemberMist chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
that was adorable. 3 and read out exactly like an episode, so well done.
LeChick chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
This is so cute and in character! I love it!
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
You absolutely succeeded in writing an episode-style fanfic. This story has all the perks of a classic Pokemon episode: Ash and Misty’s bickers mixed with teamwork, Team Rocket’s schemes, and Brock’s third-wheel/girl-wooing sweetness. I myself prefer the traditional Pokemon episodes, so this one-shot was such a nostalgic treat to behold. :)

What I really want to comment on is how this story regards the concept of “love”—it touches upon the cliches and how they’re not necessarily true love. I’ve got to hand it to Misty; for a girl her age she’s already got a firm understanding of what it really means to care for someone. Her monologue in the ending was utterly brilliant. And it’s ironic how she shows such innocent yet sincere affections for Ash (virtually confessing herself right into the MC’s microphone, no less). Her sincerity strongly contrasts the shallower/showier romance cliches of the other tournament’s contestants. Though, Jessie’s melodramatic theatrics as Daphne were undeniably hilarious, something I can easily imagine her doing in canon.

This one-shot had a nice coming-of-age feeling for both Pokeshipping and Rocketshipping, as both couples gradually realize their feelings in some way. I’m glad that this fic didn’t go overboard, plunging Ash/Misty or Jessie/James automatically into full-blown romance (as so many other fanfics tend to do). It’s more realistic for them to gradually come to terms with what love is; Ash, especially, since he’s so young and has ample growing up ahead of him (you captured his ditzy nature perfectly in this story, BTW. On a whole, I liked the witty style of this story’s narrative).

All in all, a great fanfic! I only wish that a scenario such as this story’s could actually happen in the anime! :D
inactive111111 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I read this one on the forum :D I love it (and awesome job with the RS!)
CW, aka Rocket
Rottweiler182187 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYY they no fall in love T_T (MANLY TEARS) they are ment for each other why hiucop sob hiucop well anyways thank you for the beautiful story. it was so well written and the charcters where in sych and the plot was a nail biter you also protiated Mistys feeling so well... its is a amazing story thank you for writing it for us thank you. Happy New Years too.
Roberto chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Nice work, man.
I'm from Chile, and i come across with your work just by luck... and its great.
Keep the good work.

saludos ñ.ñ
WarriorQueen124 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
That was GREAT!

Awesome job and keep writing!:)
Yoshi's kun chapter 1 . 2/2/2012

Do you know what this is? O.O

This is freaking perfection. You've written absolute perfection.

This is... they're so in character... this could be an episode of the show.

Screw that. This should be an episode of the of the show. A lot better than any number of Johto fillers I could think of.

This deserves fanart, no it deserves a doujin. This definitely deserves a doujin, but my drawing is so slow... I could give you fanart.

Anyway, besides the fangirling, if I could offer any kind of constructive criticism.

Misty asked, probably squeezing Togepi a little too tight.

But just a few lines later you said.

Misty said numbly, head in her hands once more.

Her hands? As in both hands? You know I get humorous image in my mind of her balancing it with her elbows as she does this. XD

That's all I can come up with now. This is just wow. This fic is awesome.
Incognito chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Everything about this story - EVERYTHING - was perfect. You should be very proud of yourself for this fanfic. :)
Anthony1l chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
This story is hilarious, interesting, original, touching, and unique.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
This is just about perfect. The characterisations of all characters were completely spot-on. The romantic aspects of this were both believable and absolutely cute, and as a huge rocketshipper and TR-fan, I particularly enjoyed all of Jessie, James and Meowth's scenes. The tournament was written really well and the scene transitions were done really well. This would make a perfect episode for the anime. Really well done. :D
JohnTitor chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
This is seriously one of the best stories I have read on this site.

A lot of PokeFanFic is written by what seems like 10 year olds.

I appreciate your writting and it sucks that this story doesn't have that many reviews when there are others, that in my opinion, don't hold a candle to yours.

Really liked how every character acted exactly how s/he would in the anime. Maybe a little more love from Misty's part but that's what makes it even better.

The Brock scene was great, because now that I think about it, why IS he single, he can do all those things, yet he's not taken.

Anyways great OneShot, I hope you write more, because you really have talent, and the PokemonFandom needs it.

Great job, I left a review before but I hadn't sign in but I decided I would now.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
That was a fun story. Very in character for everyone, very funny at points, but I have to feel for Misty in this too.
Naranne chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
This was both hilarious and adorable, and very well written.

Everyone was kept in character and I loved how much it really did follow the style of the episodes, even when it's COMPLETELY implausible. Which you also pointed out, and that made me laugh rather loudly for a while.

All in all, great work. :)

Zombie chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Holy crap.

How is this not an episode.?

This is waaaaaaaay better than all the filler crap that was going on in D&P right now.

You're really talented.