Reviews for Crimson and Ivory
Doni chapter 2 . 7/29/2013
Painful to read, but so very nicely done.
Identicality chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
This was brilliant! I loved it! Keep up the good work!
dragoness simplicity chapter 2 . 1/24/2012
WOW. You should put a warning in the overview of character death. Was completely shocked.

_ Well written though _
Noavital chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
Ugh. I was reading this in Civics class and I had to gather all of my strength to push down the lump in my throat. I particulary liked the Crimson and Ivory naming and division.

The whole thing was brilliant. It was a pleasure to read.
MusicalEscape chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
Amazing. And because I'm weird like this and my mind is restless until I put an ending on something.. well, here I go.

He waits for the phone to ring... (Plus I'm a sucker for happy endings.)

And waits.

Days pass. Or maybe it was weeks. The curtains are closed, and its impossible to tell night from day. But what does it matter? John was the sun, in a manner of speaking. And for once, Sherlock was like an ordinary person, not realizing the importance of someone loved until they are gone.

John Watson was gone, and what were Sherlock's last words to him? "I haven't finished with you yet! John? John? Don't... Don't you do this to me!"

Pitiful. Absoluteoy pitiful. Selfish, too. His best friend was dying, and he was worried about unfinished business? Sherlock knew, better than most, that a dying man's last breaths are short and few. He'd always used that time to settle things, or at least attempt to. So why hadn't he done that with John? What if he had handled things differently? What if?

"I love you." The last words John had spoken to him. What if... what if Sherlock loved him back?

A deep plummeting feeling resounded through his body.

Was this heartbreak?

The after effect of the shock, the numbness, was replaced with a feeling of utter despair.

There was a soft thud as the violin fell onto the couch cushion, and then the flat was silent.

-line break-

It was July, Sherlock thought. He wasn't sure, for once. The curtains were still drawn closed, the laptop collecting dust.

The door opened.

Sherlock didn't glance up.

The footsteps were heavy, carefully measured. Subconciously, Sherlock's mind started deducing.

/Careful, cautious even. Moderate build. Slightly hesitant.

And then the epiphany.

The other is smiling. "Sherlock."

"But-" The taller man's mind is reeling, whirring almost audibly.

The shorter shrugs, looking slightly helpless. "I don't know. I don't think I'm meant to know. I jut kept wishing it didn't have to end the way it did."

Within a second, Sherlock is on his feet, hugging John "I missed you," he said, softly and with more raw emotion than has probably ever come from his mouth. "And," he adds, slightly hesitant, "I love you."

-end- I hope that was acceptable. If you didn't want me to do this, just send me a PM and it can be deleted. Sorry if I wasted time.
Esstell chapter 2 . 9/6/2011
Love it, even though it's so sad...:(

CountryGrl chapter 2 . 7/10/2011
Oh, noo :( this is too, too sad, but beautifully crafted. Guh, can't think of anything else to say except, brilliant.
goldvermilion87 chapter 2 . 1/11/2011
Very dark, but very in character, I think. I'm so glad it's NOT canon.

Well done!
CJaMes12 chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
Ooh, exciting, and so sad!
LittlePippin76 chapter 2 . 12/6/2010
Gorgeously sad.

x-Pick'n'Mix-x chapter 2 . 12/6/2010
johns dead? :(
autumngold chapter 2 . 12/5/2010
Such a sad story. I feel so sorry for John. If Sherlock can't even be bothered to remember him nobody will. I wonder if Sherlock will even show up at his funeral? I do hope, however, that Sherlock will allow Mycroft into his life more. Maybe he won't have to be entirely alone?
DefineNormalitee chapter 2 . 12/5/2010
Had me in tears. Absolutely friggin fantastic. So, so well done and I have to get more tissues now. Before I go, can I just ask - please, please beta for me? xx
Darmed chapter 2 . 12/5/2010

WHAT HAPPENED TO "There is a quiet announcement of a faint pulse"

You broke my heartttt

Man, why do I keep reading deathfics D:
Darmed chapter 1 . 12/5/2010

Was heartbreaking.

just keep telling yourself that