Reviews for Friends: A Love Story
One of the best stories I have ever read. I wish to have more Gab/Dite fics. :)
Elisabeth chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Wow, what a cute story. One of the nicest FFs I ever read. And best of all, it makes sense. Thanks for it.
Rox5755 chapter 3 . 3/31/2013
Beautiful love story. To die surrounded by love is to die well. Very well written. The love made the tears not happen.
herlovethawedthefrozenheart chapter 3 . 10/10/2012
Amazing story. I think you are one of my favorite writers ever. Your Oil of Lanius series are my favorite stories of all time.
asfoj chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
im not crying, im not crying, im not...YES I AMMM!
ivo1617 chapter 3 . 2/6/2012
This was another delightful story. I never knew or thought about whether Aphrodite is attracted to women, but it worked.

Besides Aphrodite, it's hard to think of any other friends that Gabby would have post-FIN. Xena is gone and Gabby doesn't even have Joxer to push around any more. Those 25 years of sleep don't help either. Technically she still has Herc and Iolaus, but by that time they would be in their sixties or seventies (unless Herc has achieved immortality by that time) so they would not be very useful on the road fighting bad guys.

I think that Gabrielle and Aphrodite may have fallen in love a little too fast, but you did say this was a short story. Though, more importantly, the interaction between them throughout the story was done well.

Another big issue that you touched on was Gabrielle's state of mind after Xena's death. You did a good job describing it, but I think Gabrielle is more resilient that you give her credit for. Xena, was in the same situation at the start of season 4 and she was devastated. However, she was able to retain her composure and defeat a very difficult opponent in Alti. I think that Gabby is stronger emotionally than Xena so there's hope (no pun intended) for her.

I liked the part where Xena was brought back to life. Ares making deals with other gods to bring her back seemed realistic. (I mean we've seen Hercules do it with Hades.) Also Xena's attitude towards Ares was classic.

Is it possible that Ares actually did a good deed in this story? With him there are always strings attached, but I did not sense that he wanted something. For a while, I thought he was trying to spite Aphrodite, but that was not the case either.

I have to admit that Xena's reaction when she was Gabrielle with Aphrodite was surprising. Xena was dead for four years so it would be pretty naive/unrealistic of her not to consider the possibility that Gabrielle might be in a relationship. And Gabrielle never seemed like the kind of person who's interesting in flings. Besides this is not the first time Gabrielle has found love after having to deal with the death of a lover/spouse so there might be some hypocrisy from Xena here.

The end was very emotional. It was nice to see that Xena and Gabby did right by Aphrodite in the end. The interesting thing about the ending is that I felt that there was some closure to the story of Xena and Gabrielle even though Gabrielle must have been in her forties when she died.
lemonelephant chapter 3 . 1/26/2011
You did such an absolutely marvelous job with writing this fic. The emotions were incredible and they shone threw perfectly. The angst for Gabrielle in the whole Xena/Gabrielle/Aphrodite issue.

The love she felt for them bot, the love Aphrodite had for her. It was beautiful.

Simply another wonderful story.

lemonelephant chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
How sweet!

Aphrodite is so lovey! I wonder how amazing it was for Gabrielle to be the the Goddess of Love.

haha!

lemonelephant chapter 2 . 1/26/2011
D'awww! Poor Aphrodite!

But yay for Xena and Gabrielle! This fic is so good!

I love the way you write.

I'd have to say Gabrielle/Aphrodite is my second favorite pairing for Xena.

Love this!

the mighty lu bu chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
wow, extremely powerful and incredibly sweet with Aphrodite. I don't think Gabby could have been truly happy without Xena, but Aphrodite could have made that existence much much more pleasent.

And Xena returns, always fun to bring Xena back from that whole thing with Japa.

Very Powerful and very good chapter.
Stardawn19 chapter 3 . 12/9/2010
Very nice, although sad... Damn...where did I put that box of tissues anyways? ...I did like how Aphrodite laid off of Xena and Gabrielle and let them have their time together. They earned it. So sad for Gabrielle though.. sigh.. but at least they were happy. I liked how things came full circle in the end as well, with Aphrodite and Xena making a sort of bond over their love for Gabrielle. Nicely done.
ideasofmany chapter 3 . 12/9/2010
Really loved how you showed that Gabrielle loved Aphrodite and very much enjoyed the scene of Gabrielle defending her. Also thought you put to words Gabrielle's anguish after FIN. I'm glad Xena realized and allowed Aphrodite one last goodbye. Very believable that Aphrodite would stay away. Beautiful story and glad you shared it.
ideasofmany chapter 2 . 12/9/2010
So heartbreaking for Aphrodite. Here she had turned Gabrielle life to a better one. Ares finally doing something good and it ends up hurting his sister. Even X and G's reunion isn't enough to distract me from Aphrodite's pain :(. Well demonstrated.
jelpy1 chapter 3 . 12/9/2010
Wonderful Story. I love the Gabby/Aphrodite pairing as well. It works well, especially given how Dite and Gabs got along during the series. I feel sorry for Poor Lila, losing her daughter and Gabrielle again. Nice, accurate representation of Xena's first reaction. She does seem to move to anger first, doesn't she? I also felt the time frame for Gabrielle's death seemed pretty spot on as well. She still would have been rather young, chronologically, if you skip the 25 years frozen buisiness- more or less correct for a person of that time period. Another great job. I wish you could have written for the series.
ideasofmany chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Very glad to see that you published it here as well :) for more people to enjoy. You can see how much Aphrodite brought Gabrielle off the brink and it is very believable and touching.