Reviews for The Darkness Still Has Work to Do
greieve chapter 5 . 2/15/2013
Damn, I'm speechless. Such a great storyline.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 5 . 6/15/2011
I like this fic (though like all your fics, I tend to avoid the explicit slashy bits) very much, though I am slightly confused as to why you publish these as separate stories instead of a drabble series.
Aietradaea chapter 5 . 1/18/2011
Humm...what an unusual fanfic. Quite a different take on the Nightmare Child to anything I've seen before - a great idea, having it as the Master's equivalent to the Doctor's Dream Lord. Oo, he sounded like a creepy bugger! :D

I like your writing style. You get straight to the point, and it flows easily. Can't for the life of me think how to try and come up with any concrit, though, even though I usually try and put concrit in all my reviews now.
KiraSparrow chapter 5 . 12/24/2010
*happysigh* I love this series. I love your writing. I've been having a wonderful Christmas Eve, and reading the ending to this story has made it better. Thanks. :)
Indigo1100 chapter 5 . 12/22/2010
Wow! A wonderful end to an amazing story. As noted, I'd been wondering what bit in the conversation gave Amy the idea, and now I know, and I like it. And I like the idea, too, to fight the bad with the good, in their minds, and then also in the Master's mind, so *he* remebers, because that is where the NIghtmare Child came from, after all.

I like the flashbacks, the way it starts with the Master's comment from "End of Time" and goes on, and the beginnings of the dynamic mentioned earlier, the Doctor knowing then that he is the more whole for it, and now we see the start, the drums in there, and I *like* the idea for where the Doctor's name came from. Thinking that, you can see the times the Master call him that in a rather new light. And then of course the "End of Time" flashback (I love that episode, by the way), being what finished it.

I like how the Doctor explains how the Nightmare Child was lying to them, and I like Amy's reasoning. And then I like the end, the Master not giving her an anwer and her knowing it anyway, and that thing with forgiveness, and forgiving yourself, from "My Ghosts like to Travel" coming up again, and the name change being a symbolizer like it was for Rory (and on the other side, I'm wondering if maybe seeing how deep the 'titles' go contributed to changing Amy's mind about using the Master's?).

And, by the way- I just noticed this, but it "End of Time", they actually mention a Nightmare Child. Interesting.

Again, thank you for an amazing story.
mslemartin chapter 5 . 12/22/2010
This was truly wonderful! Happy Christmas!
TimeTravellingThestral chapter 5 . 12/22/2010
great ending. i hope you will do more of this series.
Cyberbutterfly chapter 5 . 12/22/2010
Awe... That ended kinda disturbingly sweet.

Which is a great feat in of itself, and you should be very proud and brag about it.
Atalanta Pendragonne chapter 5 . 12/22/2010
Oh, wow, I was already in AMY POND IS FUCKING AWESOME headspace when I went to read this and now I'm all blown away and stuff. This really resonates for me.
Indigo1100 chapter 4 . 12/8/2010
Great chapter! Nice Amy POV now, with all the Doctor descriptions. The central scene is an interesting one for the dynamic, rescue and drums and worry (you know, I actually though some of the third season finale trio had some of the 'paternal' in them) and 'taking advantage of' and all. I like how Amy and Rory's final sentiment is the same, but their responses differ, Amy jumping up, Rory staring at the floor. And oh, no, this ending is making me worried.

Brownbug chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
Such an interesting story idea! So far you have caught my attention and held it, which is great, cos I tend to get bored very easily. I'll look forward to seeing where your story goes! Thanks for writing!
Indigo1100 chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
Wow. The Year that Never Was, as suspected, and, as suspected, amazing. Eaten by fire ants... for all the ones I've read, that is not a death for Jack I've seen before. Ouch. And then watching that kind of recording, too. No wonder he hates the Master so much.

Seeing things through Rory's eyes- his almost professional, and yet very true empathy- is very fitting.

The capture of that Master is, to me spot-on, the showy, almost-making-it-a-game ("I can't he-ear you"), the personal, the very uniquely sadistic.

And I really love how you show the Doctor- 'empty', and using the Master's name without prompting, the italics on 'anything' (I can imagine that tone), falling to the floor, maybe crying, and obeying like that- no wonder Rory's choking at it

Wonderful chapter, thank you.
KiraSparrow chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
I've had a thought. The Nightmare Child is the darkest, most twisted part of the Master's psyche, right? So it's still part of his psyche. And he's trying to convince Rory and Amy to hate him. So there's some part of him that doesn't think he's worthy to be loved. Hmm. Or, you know, the Nightmare Child's just an evil bastard who likes to hit people where it hurts. *shrug* Either way, he's a compelling character.

I can't wait to see what Amy's figured out! And where the Doctor is in all this! Ooh, and how the Master's going to react once they get out of it! ...really I'm just looking forward to more. :D
Atalanta Pendragonne chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
I'm loving this so very much. Every time I get an alert notice that you've posted something I get the most massive smile, because I know that whatever else the day holds, I've got one little treat.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
I like the idea that the Nightmare Child is the Master.