Reviews for Never Tell
sim chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
:D wow!
IronSpockMaster chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Wow. A wonderful, powerful short story. Eliza is a very believable character as well.

'In a way, he had been born much older than the hormonal teenager he was supposed to be at his age' I like this idea of Dumbledore, that he never really thought about romance and all that. It would explain a lot of his behavious later in life.

'Gellert's eyes were bright, grinning, his fair hair windswept as he leaned against the doorframe. He was handsome -there was no arguing that- but there was also something about him that scared her from the moment she met him. His smile was a bit too strong, his look almost hungry as he watched everything and everyone.' The description. Oh, the description. I love it, I really do. It's perfect, it shows GG perfectly, as a charming, creepy young man. So much like the young Tom Riddle...

'His eyes were dark, nearly murderous, and she bit back a sharp breath and stifled a desire to step away from him.' Again, your wonderful description. I am a sucker for good description, words that paint a truly terrifying image in my mind.

'a small, pitiful figure on the step' Such a powerful image of Albus here, showing the side we never see, the vulnerable, self pitying side.

'His past had been buried long ago, on that kitchen step in Godric's Hollow, in the eyes of a young, auburn haired man whose heart had been broken for the first time, in the tears spilled on her shoulder. His secrets, though, she had buried within her.' And finally, the perfect ending, that wraps everything up.

Thankyou for such a beautiful story.
angiedotdotla chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
very touching.

do you think that you could turn it into a two-shot, when Dumbledore and Eliza see each other in death?