Reviews for In Transit
wallacelv chapter 5 . 8/14/2011
Another great chapter...Loved the kiss. Thanks for writing.
wallacelv chapter 4 . 8/14/2011
I loved the "flowers" touch! Well done. Edward is super cute.
wallacelv chapter 3 . 8/14/2011
I love the chapter titles. It reminds me of riding the bus or driving in Seattle. This story took a turn that I was not expecting. Thank you for writing.
wallacelv chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of the author that rec'd this story. I enjoyed the first chapter POV's. Thanks for writing.
andersse chapter 7 . 8/11/2011
What a beautiful story. I read this because I enjoyed "We Come To Life Beneath the Stars" so much. I love how both stories have complicated, flawed, human characters! Your work is somber, happy, sweet, and realistic. I really love the way you write. Your takes on the characters are frankly so original, this doesn't really feel like fanfic. (I mean that in a good way.) You really have a talent and I hope you get published if that is something you're pursuing.
MarLea Pie chapter 7 . 7/14/2011
What a lovely lovely story.

I loved getting lost in it even for just a portion of my day - ff is my "People".

You are one of my favourite authors and this story acknowledges why.

Thank you again for sharing your talents,

MarLea Pie chapter 4 . 7/14/2011
He got her flowers? Sigh...Probably one of the most original first date gifts and surely one of the sweetest.

Loved it!

Thanks for sharing,

CassandraLowery chapter 7 . 7/11/2011
Wonderful fic-so sweet! I spent my morning reading it instead of doing my work-and it was totally worth it! Thank you for a fabulous story! :)
2fantabulush chapter 7 . 7/11/2011
I truly enjoyed this fic. It's quite different from any other I've read. The struggles of B&E in this story are so common with people and you were able to have the readers feel the difficulties they face and that sometimes you need to set your pride aside and ask for help.
twifan522 chapter 7 . 7/1/2011
What a sweet story. I absolutely loved it!
Legna989 chapter 7 . 6/28/2011
When I first began reading this final chapter, I fully expected that my review would include the words, "I wish it were longer." But in the end, I'm left impressed with the economy of this story, and how nicely the story was told in just a handful of chapters.

I especially enjoyed the pacing of this final chapter. I think writing a collaboration would tend to bring a whole different set of challenges, not the least of which is meshing two different styles and methods together. But this chapter is a really great example of how well two good writers can make it work. Edward's section was really confined to a single event, but one in which a lot of information needed to be conveyed. Bella's section finished that up AND included a bit of an epilogue showing us the characters' development into the future. And it all flowed very well. No section dragged, or felt rushed, or felt tacked on. Very nicely done.

Legna989 chapter 6 . 6/28/2011
With only one chapter remaining, I'm guessing that the creep outside the diner was just a one-off, rather than something that will come back to haunt Bella. I liked the way it set up an opportunity for Bella to ask Edward for help in a way that served both of them well. And probably impressed Charlie, too.

The "official" meeting between Charlie and Edward was nice. I really enjoy the way you've written the relationship between Bella and Charlie. One of the things I really like about this story is the way in which little aspects of canon are included, while being logically adapted to an AH universe. Bella and Charlie's relationship is a good example.

Legna989 chapter 5 . 6/28/2011
Not gonna lie, I kind of love the way Bella handled that. She was upset, but acknowledged that it was a little foolish to be so upset. So she took that and turned it around into motivation to work her tail off to be able to pay Edward back.

While I suspect Edward felt like he was being punished during the days she wasn't really speaking to him, I loved the way Bella finally came back to him. I loved that her priority was to convey her gratitude and affection for him, then to pay him back, and not in a defensive way. It was very well done.

Legna989 chapter 4 . 6/28/2011
That is the sweetest, most adorable gift of "flowers" ever. I love that he bought used books, too; he wanted to ensure he wasn't offending her pride. Aw. Double aw.

I fear for him a little if Bella ever learns he paid her electric bill, though.

The flower books were almost enough to make me forget about the sweet scene between Charlie and Bella as she was getting ready to leave for her date. It would be easy in a story like this - where characters are facing immense hardships - to get really weighed down by the difficulties. And one of the qualities that I really like about your writing is the realistic depiction of characters laughing, smiling, loving, enjoying each other despite the hardships they face. It's a nice reminder that even when you feel like things are at their worst, there are still reasons to be happy, if even for just a moment.

Legna989 chapter 3 . 6/28/2011
Well, you two certainly proved me wrong. I thought Edward would need to make the next "move," so to speak, but Bella's sympathetic heart won out. I like that she's able to admit to herself that she made some judgments about Edward that were a little unfair, but I like even more that she's able to forgive herself for them and move on, to accept her new perceptions and accept that her perceptions will continue to change if she gets to know him better. She's also remarkably forgiving of him for judging her, and I love the way she calls him out, especially because it's so spot-on. She has a much better read on him than he does on her, even if she wasn't entirely right about him. I also really liked that she didn't press him for details after "saving" him from Jasper.

My favorite line of the story so far: "Yeah, you know, it's amazing how one-dimensional I'm not." Nice.

862 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »