Reviews for In Transit
Legna989 chapter 4 . 6/28/2011
That is the sweetest, most adorable gift of "flowers" ever. I love that he bought used books, too; he wanted to ensure he wasn't offending her pride. Aw. Double aw.

I fear for him a little if Bella ever learns he paid her electric bill, though.

The flower books were almost enough to make me forget about the sweet scene between Charlie and Bella as she was getting ready to leave for her date. It would be easy in a story like this - where characters are facing immense hardships - to get really weighed down by the difficulties. And one of the qualities that I really like about your writing is the realistic depiction of characters laughing, smiling, loving, enjoying each other despite the hardships they face. It's a nice reminder that even when you feel like things are at their worst, there are still reasons to be happy, if even for just a moment.

Legna989 chapter 3 . 6/28/2011
Well, you two certainly proved me wrong. I thought Edward would need to make the next "move," so to speak, but Bella's sympathetic heart won out. I like that she's able to admit to herself that she made some judgments about Edward that were a little unfair, but I like even more that she's able to forgive herself for them and move on, to accept her new perceptions and accept that her perceptions will continue to change if she gets to know him better. She's also remarkably forgiving of him for judging her, and I love the way she calls him out, especially because it's so spot-on. She has a much better read on him than he does on her, even if she wasn't entirely right about him. I also really liked that she didn't press him for details after "saving" him from Jasper.

My favorite line of the story so far: "Yeah, you know, it's amazing how one-dimensional I'm not." Nice.

Legna989 chapter 2 . 6/28/2011
Oh, poor Bella. First, she makes an overture to Edward, even though she doesn't have the best impression of him, and his behavior only reinforces her initial perception. Then comes her dad's phone call.

I have to confess to my own misperception here: I'd assumed in the first chapter that Charlie was a cop when he was shot. But if that had been the case, they wouldn't be in quite the financial dire straits they are, because he would have had certain protections from being injured in the line of duty. Interesting back story there.

I suspect Edward's going to have to be the one to make the next overture. I can't help thinking that overhearing Bella's phone conversation with her dad must have altered Edward's perceptions of her, provided he listened.

Legna989 chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
As I told T, it's taken me far too long to get to this story, and now I'm kicking myself even more because it's so good, right out of the gate.

It's still early, so it's difficult to tell exactly where this is going, but I think you have both done a nice job of establishing the characters, while still leaving perhaps a bit of mystery about them.

It's easy to be sympathetic toward Bella; her situation is obviously very tough right now. Resultingly, it would be easy to be miffed at Edward for judging her so harshly. But she's kind of done that to him, too, hasn't she? She's made assumptions based on his new books and the way she perceives him looking at her (which might not be entirely incorrect, but still), and yet he's obviously been through some things that she can't begin to comprehend. I like that there's mutual misjudgment here, and I look forward to seeing if - and how - they overcome that.

Pathomnemonic chapter 7 . 6/27/2011
I LOVE this story. So sweet. Thank you!
MsLiss chapter 7 . 6/24/2011
you are a fantastic writer and now you've introduced me to Profmom72 so i'm of to check out some new stories too.

xNOMx chapter 7 . 6/23/2011
Loved it :D
dwright chapter 7 . 6/21/2011
I loved your story. Thanks for writing.
prlgirl chapter 7 . 6/18/2011
Beautiful story. As a NY bus rider I can honestly say I will have to pay more attention the next time I'm on public transportation. Thank you for the beautiful words. Love your stories!
Sheeijan chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
This was so lovely. I loved a lot of things about this, one of them being it wasn't some ridiculously long, drawn out affair in which there's dozens of coincidences that seem hardly feasible, or everybody overreacting at every turn. They each made assumptions, they got past it and over it, and they moved on like grown ups should. That's definitely a good thing.

I also like how mature they both are; they both acknowledge their personal faults and work on them. No running away, just dealing. Oh, and it's great how you summarized why Bella needed to be able to stand on her own two feet financially. I'm appalled by how many people seem to think it's perfectly ok for human Edward to just immediately buy everything under the sun for Bella. Anyway...

Thanks much for writing and sharing with us. Really enjoyed each chapter.
MarieWearsPrada chapter 7 . 6/12/2011
Found this story by fluke.

Just WOW, really awesome:) U rock!
Luvtwismut chapter 7 . 6/11/2011
Ladies, this was a heartwarming story! Thank you for sharing with us!
texas princess chapter 7 . 6/10/2011
""I love you, too," I replied, because once you give someone your heart, you never want to stop reminding them that it's theirs."

This might have been one of the most beautiful lines I've ever read. Ever.

Thank you for this story! Thank you for focusing on Edward and Bella, but still bringing in the family. Thank you for sharing this kickass story with us. :)
texas princess chapter 6 . 6/10/2011
"Only this one makes you smile in the middle of a history class just because you know you're going to see her in fifteen minutes. Only this one makes your heart thump faster and harder every time she walks on the bus. Only this one gets you to make promises you now have no choice but to keep."

Loved this. Loved the meeting with Charlie. Love their kiss goodnight.
texas princess chapter 5 . 6/10/2011
"People talk a lot about love at first sight. It wasn't like that for me. In fact, she didn't impress me at all when I first saw her on the bus. However, in that exact moment, I started to fall in love with her."

Love this. Love this chapter. Love how he always saves her.
864 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »