Reviews for Is it worth it?
PeacefullyJos chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING. So true. Everything, just so... true.
primadonna001 chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Thank you thank you. It's about time someone realized that even imaginary sex (via Dan's book) with Blair is a bad idea because once the future dinner table involves the strange van der-bass-humphrey family, too many of them will have slept with one another for it to be at all healthy.
mayfair22 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Even though I'm a huge Dan and Blair fan, I loved this fic. It was brilliantly written and I think as fellow writers we should appreciate that even if the pairing isn't the one we ship. It was incredibly in character, especially Dan's dilemma. I loved Nate's advise, it actually made so much of sense. Frankly, in the light of the how things ended (or not) between Dan and Blair, I think much of it has with the fact that Blair is not ready to sabotage her relationship with Serena. As we have already seen from Serena's reaction, Dan and Blair would truly be the end of both Serena and Blair and Serena and Dan...So, great work on the insight.

The last part though had me thinking. I mean I love Nate as the cunning guy, even though it doesn't come across so much on the show. But I didn't quite buy it in here and not because he is that dumb but because I do think he is good friends with Dan. True, he is best friends with Chuck but I don't see him as being that manipulative towards Dan. In my mind, yes, I do think Nate would shell out such advice but I think he would do it more so because he want the best for both his friends and is only trying to stop them from making a mistake...

Other than that. great fic. Definitely a favorite.
katharienne chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I'm an ass, really, I've read it ages ago and never reviewed... I love it. This is how things between Dan and Blair should happen and even if they happen... This is how they would end. I'd e-mail this fic to the GG writers if I could. (I'd FIRE the GG writers if I could and hire my favourite fic writers, to be honest :) You're a brilliant writer!
EZ11 chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Finally somebody wrote how I was feeling over the whole Dair situation! i mean seriously, Dan thought that Blair is a 95 pound packadge of girly evil for gods sake! And the whole Jenny fiasco? How could he ever overlook that and be in love with her?Not to mention that he's from Brooklyn, and Blair would never go for that. She's too stuck up! Sorry for the mini rant lol Anyway, I loved Nate's reasoning and the fact you gave him a brain in this story. Honestly, he is SO underused and dumbed down on the show and in this fic you def. corrected that! It's too bad it didn't happen-it is GG after all- but at least we have fanfiction!

This was a great, well-written story! Overall, very well done!

-EZ11
Iluvenis chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Ok, I SERIOUSLY LOVED this!

I don't think it would be that bad for Blair. I mean, I don't think "slumming" it with Dan would be that important for her friendship with S, but, this is GREATLY written.

And I agree with most of it.

I totally LOVED the ending. The way that tied with the beggining, that Nate IS Chuck's best friend. I always hated how that has been downplayed in the show. Chuck & Nate are best friends, not Nate & Dan's weird bromance. That Nate did this for Chuck is... too good for words. I loved it!

I loved that whenever I thought it was a bit much, Dan actually voiced that! I loved that too. So realistic.

Also, you cracked me up in some parts. I specially loved when Nate mentioned Chuck. The phrase about Chuck buying a clue is just full of win. That phrase just made my day! I completely agree! :D

Also, when you said the thing about Serena and Chuck, about him to may as well kill himself. Sooooooooo TRUE! I love you. You stated most of what I think.

This is short but so, so, SO amazing. I love it. Every Dair fan should read this :)
The Enchanted Teakettle chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I really enjoyed this. The conversation really explored all the complicated relationships that exist between the characters well. I honestly wish the writers of the show would do this much thinking. XD

Great job!
ElenaBelle chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Brilliant story, all the logical reasons why Dair should never happen packed into a one shot, the sad thing however is that the writers of GG don't really care about logic and only about a shocking OMFG moment so the chances of them dairing to Dair will probably happen anyway. Also I love how you've written Nate as the voice of reason, but the show doesn't seem to care much about his character and it seems like he'll never be given the chance to give out some great advice, I mean when last have Chuck and Nate had a nice heart to heart, the show tends to write Nate as clueless and a little bit of a dumb blonde which is kinda sad, which is why we have to rely on great fanfic for good characterization. Here's to hoping the writers decide to apply logic for once X
swampophelia chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
now this! this is the schemy conversation that is worthy of being filmed and aired. Nate playing everyone? my gosh, he's not the dumb blonde bimbo guy anymore (and i think a large part of fandom wants him to be this manipulative). doesn't change the fact that stuff he said is true. for Dan and Blair to work on TV, the writers have to really sell it (meaning it can't just be a drunken, one night stand/revenge relationship). we gotta have a real Team Chuck/Team Dan debacle - and the ratings will soar!
katiedv chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
This review is long overdue, and I have no excuse for taking as long as I did.

Your idea to write it in this point of view was brilliant, because I don't think anyone would have thought about it, and at the same time it's also a bit obvious. I agree with fellow reviewer slimkay about the fake bromance but disagree about Nate being that clever. I'm with you, I don't think Nate always gets enough credit, but that's sometimes his fault, lol.

I think you painted the picture perfectly. Blair is that pretty girl that Dan or any guy would inevitably start to fall for, especially when her snobbishness can be set aside for any period of time, and Dan would be swept up that way (he's done it with every single girl on the show except his sister). And then in comes Nate with his own insight, lol.

It was a perfect little set up, and a great scene that we know we'll otherwise not get on the show, but that would totally happen. I absolutely loved it. Great job!
notoutforawalk chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I love your clever Nate, he makes such valid points. I also love that he acknowledges that he sounds big headed when talking about the ladies willingness to share him. Adorable.
Noirreigne chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
If you had to take a departure from Mad About You, I am glad it was with this wonderful one-shot. I really enjoyed Nate in this because I do think that there is more to him then what we see on the show. Like you mention, being Chuck's best friend and Blair's ex had to have left some mark on him and I like to think it made him a bit more perceptive. Besides I like stories that explore those little scenes that could happen, but probably won't. :)
Avivush chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Thank you for the awesome conversion I wish I could happen in the show but it won't because

a) it is gossip girl were talking about

b) Nate not that smart (I love him but it true)

and if diar happen (with unfortunately it look like it dose) as you said it will only be a phase for them when they can't be with their love (Chuck\Serena)
tversky chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
This is an amazing fic. I love how you captured the character/relationship dynamics and the risks involved. Very intelligent .

Sure Dan and Blair could have something wonderful together. But even Dan knows it would be transitory at best. Blair and Chuck will inevitably work it out because they love each other and are meant to be. So for this lovely but transitory relationship Dan creates more complications and pain to the van der Bass Humphrey family, creates discord between Serena and Blair and completely shuts the door to his one big chance of true long lasting happiness - Serena.

What Nate is doing is noble. He's looking out for everyone's best interest but his own. DB would ensure NS end up together. But Nate cares enough about the people that would really lose out (Blair, Serena but mostly Dan) to look out for their best interests as well.

Blair is a beautiful, attractive girl. This story plays that idea up. (THANK YOU! I really appreciate that you've made the story so pro Blair). She can move on with plenty of guys while Chair are growing up as individuals. (Heck Serena said as much in the Paris premiere: Blair could've dated lots of guys that summer but Blair's standards were very strict: A Prince that loves Manet) The problem is Dan isn't every other guy. His one real shot at true longlasting happiness is with Blair's best friend. He doesn't stand a chance against Chuck (The same would be true if Chuck wanted to pursue Serena. Chuck wouldn't stand a chance against Nate or Dan. CS and DB are not meant to be. CB and either DS or NS are.) So Dan's shooting himself in the foot by pursuing Blair because he's picking something great but transitory and losing his chance at something truly extraordinary and forever. I love that you captured that. :) Great job.
slimkay chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Objectively, I find the fic amazing. Well written, sensible, loved the dialogues, the "fake" bromance... though Nate was too devious, too clever. That's probably the only part which I found more or less unrealistic. This plan couldn't have been thought out by Nate... but hell it's your fic. For the fic's sake, it actually made sense to see Nate being that devious ;)

Subjectively, I am a DB fan, so obviously, I didn't like Nate being that intrusive and spoiling everything. It seems like Blair can't have a good time on her own without Chuck.

But, excellent fic overall!