Reviews for In Regard to Myself
isa125m chapter 8 . 1/17/2014
Beautiful. Lovely story, I love The Host, thanks for writing and finishing this story
lava2810 chapter 3 . 5/19/2013
I really like it so far. its a good read. Keep up the good work!
The Bitter Kitten chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I like that you begin where her autonomy left off- it's a nice touch.

I think you hit all the key emotional high points, and well- the reunion with Jared, Ian's feelings of betrayal, Mel's grief for Wanderer, but I think they can work even better if there's more time between them to develop.

But yeah, besides 'MOAR', I've got nothing.

I'll be reading!
ToManyLetters chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
I suppose I should start with the title. The correct phrase is "In Regard to", rather than "In Regards to". This chapter starts off a bit choppy, but smooths out as it carries on. There is a good balance of dialogue and narration, and I haven't come to despise any of the characters just yet. I also take great pleasure in the fact that your dialogue tags are wonderfully 'said', rather than other silly things like Neil Gaiman mentions in that post in TDP.

All in all, I can say that I did enjoy this chapter. That's definitely a good thing. -D

TML
The Death Frisbee chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Hey there! Unsolicited review. I don't know "The Host", but I do know it's first-person about an alien taking over a girl's body (?), so it seemed the most limited canon to toss you a review from.

Your writing style is good and clear without being too simplistic (a criticism I have with Meyer).

"Spoke cautioningly" read a bit awkwardly - "as he spoke warningly" or "as he cautioned me" instead, perhaps.

I like the fact that the guy - Jared - is more hesitant than the girl. From the single chapter I've read of Twilight (and from what I know through osmosis), Bella Swan is a wallflower, so I liked that Melanie was different and more assertive, whether that's you or Meyer writing a more active, less passive character.

The strike from Ian to Jared felt sudden and suprising; I wasn't expecting it, so the suspense was handled deftly there.

In the "I shook my head" paragraph, you repeat "brave" twice in two sentences. Change the non-dialogue "brave" to "courageous" or something, perhaps, so you're not repeating adjectives?

The reveal of the cryotank at the end was appropriately short.

No SPAG errors noted.

I don't know these characters, but, given the solid writing here, I don't feel like I really need to in order to grasp the plot and the characterization. Well done!
Autumn O'Shea Swan chapter 9 . 6/9/2011
Oh yay! I need to reread the Host. I miss Wanda and Ian. Ian. Yum.
Autumn O'Shea Swan chapter 8 . 5/5/2011
Aha! Goodie!
justawriter33 chapter 8 . 5/5/2011
Lovely in every way! I really like it, and I'm glad you started writing it again! HUGS!
Annieaimsforthesun chapter 7 . 5/5/2011
You have to be joking. Yes, of course!
Autumn O'Shea Swan chapter 7 . 4/16/2011
Yeah definitely.
DisneyVampire chapter 7 . 4/16/2011
There is a new paperback with an extra chapter that adds some new perspective to the story. You should get it. The new chapter is great and really adds tthe story. It is the new paperback (the large style paperback) version and has been available for some time now.

I am just waiting for the sequel that SM says she IS definitely writing. That WILL be a book worth reading, the sequel to "The Host".
justawriter33 chapter 7 . 4/16/2011
Actually, i've read the version myself, and it's only around ten pages long, pretty short and just about her telling Ian that Wanda's in a cage. I really like this story, and I'd rather you continue, lolll :D
Miyu Hinamori chapter 7 . 4/16/2011
Keep on writing! I don't think many of us (including me) will have the oppurtunity to read ths extra chapter.
lola chapter 7 . 4/16/2011
Why not? You write a fanfiction so that others could read how you see the story. It's only partly depedant on the original story. It's like people writing an alternative ending to a manga even after the manga ended.
Foxy005 chapter 7 . 4/16/2011