Reviews for Love Lost
Love Stories Fan chapter 27 . 6/16
*Deep inhale*
*Deep exhale*
I have now read the entire story, struggling a bit to put my thoughts on words. Where do I start? The story itself.
Oh. My. God. I don't say that with a fangirl hype voice or bored wtf expression. I say this with the most sincere thought in my heart. I, ABSOLUTELY, LOVE the story/plot. From the first chapter I was intrigued, and don't know from what exactly, but it had a charm that told me, "this story is going to be amazing". Maybe it was the writing, the characters or the sudden mystery behind it, but I was hooked enough to not click back to the search results for more fics to kill time.
The whole 'finding-a-lost-love' plot can easily go wrong in so many ways. This could of ended at 14-17 chapters to have it be another story of the plot but still with good writing, but no, you took the challenge of expanding it and making it more unique in its own way. All from the first decision made to the emotions caused to the events that followed the tragedy, to finding the lost one all the way to its redemption, it was brilliant. I myself, am a personal fan is this type of plot line; seeing the protagonist go to such lengths to find a beloved, going through conflicts and their flaws, I love the development of it. And this, has satisfied my yearn for it, least for now. While some scenes could get long and a bit dull, the end results could almost make you forgive them. Even around the part where they revealed 'everyone's destiny', it made me think of the Butterfly Effect, which is another great trope I like. How every single thing on this came together, you can tell the author took so much conscious and consideration of what they wanted to tell and how, it was brilliant. Well done.

Different from the story itself, I should mention, the writing. It has been YEARS since I've seen such good writing such as this; on several occasions where I had to pause to admire the way the words were set, the perfect timing and use of scenes. It had reminded me of Infinite-Pen, another DBZ author who's work had also left me with few words.
In the emotional and dramatic scenes, the writing and dialogue were so brilliant, I had to take time apart the actual story to take it all in (yes, I know that makes me sound like I was fangirling, but that's apart). The emotional scenes, between Videl/Gohan, Goku/Chi Chi and even Chi Chi and her children were so... in a way, realistic and relatable that it hits on the emotions even further. Their emotions were brilliantly put in a way you FELT their happiness, their fears, their rage, their sadness. In my opinion, that is considered a gifted talent. In similar stories, the interactions between the characters seemed rather fast and simply once you tried to imagine them in your head. Here, the pacing it amazing. Everything from the actions the characters took to the right time for words, everything was set right which made for wonderful reading. It didn't feel like reading a book, it felt like a movie being written down at its seen from the screen, where the emotion was triscripted to be passed on to another reader.
In some stories, putting song lyrics, or songs in general, can mess up the plot, even if they're brief. I'm still amazed how well put these songs and their lyrics go into the fic, from the seduction scene to the heartbreaking moments, it wasn't clear whether the story was based around the lyrics or the lyrics were based on the story, but it more than surely made the scene all that much enjoyable to read. It fit so well it makes it believe that the author had planned every single thing from the beginning rather than going on and on with what they already have (I will admit, one of those authors would be me, and now I'm ashamed).

To share my brief further thoughts, I would also like to mention the characters. The first chapters, as you can see from my previews short comments/reviews, everyone seen just a tad ooc with the cursing and sudden actions, even if most of it was justified. While the story progressed, every character had their personalities established and balanced. The only one I could see to have had a problem with was Trunks, who's constant aggression felt out of place, but it wasn't enough to change my opinion on the story as a whole. But as it was clear, they weren't the center of attention, the main 2-5 protagonists (Chi Chi, Goku, Emiko, Gohan, Gotens) were, so the distraction wasn't much.

And now for my thoughts in general, because they were all over the place. When I first started to watch Dragonball Super, this is not where I pictured myself to end up in. No regrets in sight. There were multiple moments during my reading of this fic where I had to pause and go aside for a moment to either laugh, gasp, go 'oh no' or 'OH NO', cheer (Chapter 26, I'm looking at you), or to stay amazed by the writing and let my FEELS come and go(only to see them return minutes later, the pesky things). I felt like I was watching a movie in text form, commenting out loud my thoughts, yelling out for the characters (mostly among the lines of "WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" / "YOU F*CKING IDIOT" / "PFFFFFFFF WHAT?") Though maybe unhealthy, I could not stay away from this fic. Wherever I went or any free time I had (rarely), I would spend it continuing to read knowing I wasn't going to return for a while. But I'm sure I am not the only one or last one who has done that, (right?).
Speaking of reactions, there were some scenes I could just IMAGINE if it was on the screen, I could hear the gasps like a soap
opera all around (one such moment, Chi Chi's "It's too late" line).

To sum it all up, this was ONE HELL OF A RIDE. Looking back now, I know a lot of people might see this as just another fic, especially those outside the DBZ fandom, and I think it was meant to be like such. But, yes, while the fandom's characters are the main focus, the writing and emotion put into this was the real gem. Having the characters be put into the perfect scenario brought it all together into a brilliant and highly enjoyable story.
Now I am aware there is a sequel and I do intend on reading it. And I'm also aware this story was writing well more than 5 years ago, and the author probably sees this as a past project to enjoy still having as I was REALLY late for all the hype, but I would like to personally say, thank you for this enjoyable story that has played with my emotions and given me a wonderful reading experience.

(This concludes a spoiler free review from Love-Stories-Fan. Sorry for taking up so much space, but I couldn't rest in peace if I didn't.)
Love Stories Fan chapter 25 . 6/16
Ok ok, THIS, is my new favorite chapter. The last one was adorable and fluffy but this one, holy wow. The emotion, the perfect dialogue, THAT SONG. I read the first lines and KNEW it sounded familiar. By the second paragraph I was singing along to the song and with the scene and the FEEELS just came pouring in making me squeal. I love all the emotion put on the scenes but I'll save my overall review for the last chapter.
Love Stories Fan chapter 17 . 6/16
Alright, this is my save point.
HOLY
SHIT
I have been reading this story for 3 days straight of my life and have continued to read wherever I go. I haven't done that since "Wose King Vegeta" by Infinite Pen (another great fic). Just... Wow...
So much cursing omfg still ooc but the dramatic moments hit hard and make you the cursing not matter as much. Especially when it's goku but I digress. Though it was hilarious in the previous chap when everyone was just CURSING AND YELLING THEIR HEADS OFF and Goku's the one to shut them up.
THAT ALMOST LEMON SCENE HOLY SHIT. You troll. You freaking troll. And that's not the first time in this story but I guESS ILL HAVE TO GET USED TO IT.
That goodbye moment with Goten, Gohan and Chi Chi tho, ugh it hit me hard because it reminded me of the moment I had to say goodbye to my mom before I left with my dad. I love how that scene played out, very touching and relatable.
Love Stories Fan chapter 8 . 6/15
I had so much trouble reading this chapter. Just.. Goku and the android, I couldn't xD
I kinda cheated and read more reviews for a bit, and I'm gonna be so devasted if this really doesn't have a happy ending...
Love Stories Fan chapter 6 . 6/15
I can't help but imagine this Vegeta like TFS's Vegeta. Curses a lot and just always grumpy. Also, I'm kinda bothered by how ooc goku is acting, BUT THIS STORY'S TOO GOOD FOR ME TO CARE.
ziltromon chapter 10 . 5/5
how about you make a story about chiaotzu and marron in love
Silent night16 chapter 27 . 4/10
I REALLY LOVE YOUR STORY! When I first read it I was immediately got hooked and wanted to know more. I REALLY love how you did with your story, the drama, the pain, the love, and THIS REALLY BROUGHT ME TO TEARS! I don't really like dramas that much but I really love your story. I hope you keep on writing because you are really good and if you read this review by chance I want you to know that I'm your fan already. I wish to keep reading more of your stories and good luck, I hope you keep writing BYE! XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
CherryPika91 chapter 28 . 6/4/2015
Very good story!
karavinemarinas chapter 28 . 1/28/2015
Oh my gosh this is an amazing story! Hope you update soon if you are rewriting this one! Thanks! :)
Goose chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Not really. Anyone who thinks that Chi Chi is in the wrong is an idiot. Goku is absolutely useless as a husband and provider for his family. Not to mention how he just leaves her to train some random, or whatever reason that suits his fancy.
Queen-Of-The-SuperNatural chapter 25 . 5/26/2014
Ahh. So Emiko's plans DID work. BIGGESTGRINONPLANETEARTH
Queen-Of-The-SuperNatural chapter 24 . 5/26/2014
OMG! I freaken L0VE how Emiko's mind works! XD
Queen-Of-The-SuperNatural chapter 17 . 5/26/2014
Yup. Might as well just go along with it. Right Chika? XDXDXD
Queen-Of-The-SuperNatural chapter 16 . 5/26/2014
I LOVED IT! I love fights. XD you know, the ones with words! If I was there... you don't wanna know! hehehe
Queen-Of-The-SuperNatural chapter 10 . 5/26/2014
YAY! Reunion! THAT'LL GET IT IN CHICHI'S FUCKING DUMB ASS CLOUDED AS HELL IDIOTIC MIND! Ahem... sorry. A little overwhelmed there...