Reviews for American Woman
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 12 . 1/1/2014
Really great last two chapters, bringing this story to an end. Excellent work. Didn't see that twist coming with True Hero. Really tense and exciting to see what would happen next. Awesome finale, can't wait to see the sequel, best of luck to you.
Alias the Jester chapter 2 . 11/8/2011
You seriously need to rewrite your origin story. Somebody who gets beaten up, pushed off a five story building, and gets shot in the chest isn't going to survive without swift paramedic intervention and extensive medical treatment in a hospital. Nobody - absolutely nobody - is going to take such a casualty to their own home while they "recover" if a hospital is available.

Surgery to fix the multiple complex fractures and extensive internal injuries, not to mention inserting metal pins or plates, requires an entire team of specialist doctors and an operating theatre - not a couple of kids with no medical training working in somebody's bedroom. Hit-Girl probably has a mastery of human anatomy, maybe some combat medic skills, but it's a far cry from that to being able to perform surgery.

Recovery time is going to be measured in months, not weeks. Probably a month before they even let you out of hospital, then a couple of more months of healing and physiotherapy before you recover to a reasonable degree.

No random street person is going to be able fool a person's parents, friends, teachers, etc for more than a few minutes regardless of how much they might look alike. Not to mention that finding such a person who willingly agrees to impersonate somebody's daughter would be all but impossible.

And parents who believe their child has been mugged/assaulted would not be content with an anonymous fax - they would be talking to the police about it.

None of it makes any sense. If you're going to have her get those kind of injuries she is going to NEED to be hospitalised and her parents are most certainly going to know about it.

Additionally Hit-Girl doesn't have much of a motive for doing anything beyond calling for an ambulance. Maybe (very maybe) she might remove any costume items that indicate Abby was playing superhero, as a courtesy to protect her secret identity. But that's about it.
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 9 . 6/26/2011
Awesome chapter, loved the story for the movie and Darth Vader himself as the villain, what's not to love?

You got to meet Zach himself? That's so cool! Also thanks for the mention, can't wait to see what happens next, sounds exciting!
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 8 . 6/4/2011
Another great chapter, loved it! Can't wait for more!
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 7 . 6/4/2011
Hey I'm back, and wow what a chapter. Loved True Hero's back story and his secret base...and his own train? Like to see Batman do that LOL. Great chapter, can't wait for more!
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 6 . 5/26/2011
I loved this chapter, written in the same tone as Kick-Ass 2 with the superhero team. Can't wait for more, especially finding out True Hero's origin!
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 5 . 5/22/2011
Wow, the next chapters look exciting. Can't wait to see them!
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
Thanks for the mention and references. A cool chapter here, and can't wait to see American Woman with her new superhero team. As well as her motion picture debut.
Soon Enough chapter 2 . 1/16/2011
(whoa, I was suddenly cut off by my computer there. So as I was saying...) I thought the shock factor reflected that of the movie very nicely and I wanted to give you props for that. I've gotta ask though: will we be seeing anymore of Chris D'Amico/The Motherfucker? If we do, I'm sure it'll be fuckin' EPIC.

Write on.
Soon Enough chapter 3 . 1/16/2011
Good shit, man. Like good, good.

I seriously love this thing... aw fuck man! This thing is really... wow. You know the feeling you get when you're really happy?-like when you feeling like you're bubbling?

Yeah. That's how I feel about this fic.

I love how you've made your OC actually likable- most Kick-Ass authors surprisingly don't think to do that. I also love how you're focusing on the super-hero aspect, I mean, that's what it really is, Kick-Ass- a comic. Oh and the shock factor win the Motherfucker vs. American Woman fight scene was sheer brilliance by the way. I thought it reflected th
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 3 . 1/2/2011
I'm really enjoying this so far, can't wait to see more!
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
Oh, this is getting good, can't wait to see more!
Rurrlock-God of Power chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Wow, didn't actually expect him to shot her. Hope she doesn't die, I want to see more of this. Maybe in the next chapters you can show what Abby's normal life is like.