Reviews for The Invitational Year
Shadowhope4ever chapter 41 . 4/18
I enjoyed thus story a lot. I felt the emotion in the writing and it really tugged by heartstrings. While things got over-dramatic at times, overall I really enjoyed everything.
SadButSmiling chapter 22 . 4/2
D'awww... Alfred and Artie are being so cute XD. And the scene where everyone was opening their presents reminded me of Harry Potter...
CookieCookie chapter 11 . 3/1
Hey, I'm wondering maybe in the sequel if you can make alfred a god with horses. Americas has a looooooong history with horses, and the cowboys helped all the more. Sorry, thats's my personal head cannon, that he's amazing with horses.
saku chapter 18 . 1/2
this is really wonderful (and late since this fic was written a few years ago) but i wish you had included peter (sealand) because he's such a great character but often left out!
Hadrah chapter 29 . 11/30/2015
I would pay all of the money for this calendar...
clokinz chapter 24 . 11/19/2015
Yeeeaahhh...Russia and America?..uhh...weird...like...it's freakin me out and making me cringe weird. I kinda like their rebellious friendship this way. And OF COURSE Arthur has to be a feisty uke! 3
clokinz chapter 23 . 11/19/2015
You know..I really love how you started Alfred off as an awkward teen in the middle of horrible puberty. Reminds me of my own. It sucks when your the butt of jokes and bullied for your appearance and being different, but then BAM! Once puberty is done, everybody starts worshipping the ground you walk on! AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT TO HAPPEN TO ALFRED! And I DEFINITELY LOVED Arthur's sexy sauciness! Damn you sexy pirate Iggy! 3
Kigra chapter 7 . 11/18/2015
Hi hi! I just started reading this and I love it so far! The personalities suit the characters perfectly. But there's some things that bothers me. You go from conflict to conflict and I find it kind of annoying at times. Like in chapter 7, Matthew was upset about Francis then it randomly jumps to another conflict with Russia and Toris breaking up. Seriously though, Russia seems way too cray cray. I don't like how overly violet he gets. Sure it's in his nature but it's just too much for me. Also, I'm not really find with Alfred being weak. He gets beat up too, gets scared easily, and he's not that built. Alfred is supposedly to be a strong character. Sure it's your story and you can change the characters how ever you want, but many Hetalia viewers are not used to a "puny Alfred". These are just my opinions btw. Hope you don't get offended in any way. But overall I love the plot. It's creative and unique. I'm only on chapter 7 and it's so far so good ;)
Guest chapter 34 . 11/9/2015
"Thinking about your eyebrows in history the other day totally got me hard", " my dicks gonna molt!" Oh Alfred... You sweet baby angel. You crack me up so much. kinda feel bad for Arthur though
Guest chapter 31 . 11/9/2015
Oh my fucking god I love your humor. You're such a good writer. I can't decide if I'm horny or tired from laughing. Lol. Alfred, the first time him and Arthur go all the way: "clowns, shark attacks, dung beetles" hehe. This is my second time reading this and there's a whole bunch that I forgot was in here. Just bravo really. I also love all your other usuk stuff I've read (which was quite a bit). Keep writing!
Emma chapter 39 . 10/19/2015
Wow! so good! I will never think of the characters the same again. I stayed up for 7 hours reesdinv
Dreamshipper229 chapter 41 . 8/30/2015
*Insert heartwarming comment here *. I'm sure many others have reviewed how amazing this story is so I won't bore you with all the little details, but I WILL add how this story has impacted me more than I thought it would. It was refreshing seeing a fic where Alfred isn't some super-hunk amazing Athlete, and instead a dorky teen stuck in that awkward faze many of us know all to well. Seeing him struggle to fit in and find out who he was, all the while staying positive and cheerful, made me realize that it's ok to screw up and be different. Anyways this story really touched me and I looove UsUk so this was amazing! Good job! Xoxo
Guest chapter 37 . 7/28/2015
dawww ameripan died as expected
pls be friends ;A;
Guest chapter 35 . 7/28/2015
NORTH ITALY AND AMERICA WILL RULE THE WORLDDD
headcanon 1
Guest chapter 33 . 7/28/2015
lol alfred youre so fail but you try so hard
just directions man