Reviews for The Invitational Year
Guest chapter 26 . 8/5/2014
...A man who pierced a drunk fifteen year old's nipple. That is not something i though i would have read XD well at least not this soon o3o and not Prince arthur...but then i remember his punk age XD. Also kiku, you're country is in charge of why most of my aged peoples get to know a lot of rebellious not supposed to be seen things. Understandable that you're not a country NOW but still w. Hope you're having a pleasant day dear
everlyshipsit chapter 24 . 7/24/2014
"His friendship with Alfred was over, his love for the other boy was over, too."

I think you're trying to kill me! ;-; The angst! It burns like hellfire! *sobs* I think my heart has been shattered into a billion pieces and thrown into the wind! I'm crying like I've never cried before! ;-;
Guest chapter 20 . 6/5/2014
Meh. I'm a bit of a stoner, and honestly, when you're smoking with friends, it's fun and it helps me think and heal from a lot of the stress in my life. Gilbert is funny as fuck, but I hope he gets a bit of development since Prussia is easily one of the most interesting and well-developed characters in Hetalia as a whole - the others you've got covered - and it seems a bit of a waste to make him such a 2-D Cheech.

Also, Ireland is the oldest of the British Isles. Ireland is the oldest, followed by Scotland or Wales (it's a bit arguable), then England, then Northern Ireland. He wouldn't only be a few years older than arthur. :/

Despite sounding like an asshole, which I'm sorry for, I really love this story! I mean, I can't read sex scenes since they're triggering, but I skip them because fjdijdnejdfn I love this too much
SomethingSimsy chapter 25 . 5/25/2014
AHHH I feel so bad for Yao and Arthur WAHHHHHHHHHHH-
This fic manages to make me heart-wrenchingly sad, laugh out loud, and just smile. It's wonderful! ;w;
SomethingSimsy chapter 18 . 5/25/2014
Oh dear lord, everything is going downhill (especially for Arthur... Oh god, everything is just building up and it's just so UGGHHHHHH!)
SomethingSimsy chapter 16 . 5/25/2014
I am starting to think Francis is coming out with the best lines, whether he's mimicking phrases back or just spurting out crap like "go away you ugly little stoner" (that made me laugh so much and I have no idea why).

Ah, seriously though, Alfred is so mean (like, last chapter...)!
SomethingSimsy chapter 15 . 5/25/2014
OMG ALFRED IS SUCH A BIATCH SLURRING ALL OVER THE PLACEEEEEEEEEEEEE but oh man, this is a train-wreck, so much sadness for all the characters ;_; (Cute SuFin moment, though!)
SomethingSimsy chapter 5 . 5/25/2014
Aww, I feel so bad for Arthur, man! Matthew and Alfred are ar$eholes, man...

Also, WOAH, I hope Lithuania is out of that abusive relationship by the end (or it becomes not abusive, anyway).
hetaliafan2295 chapter 16 . 5/10/2014
I think this is one of the best stories I have ever read on . You are an AMAZING author! Hehe, I'm trying to keep this review a bit subdued, but the feels are making me want to write in all caps. I hope you continue to write! I can't wait to finish this and read the sequel! :)
DragonsAreAwesome chapter 41 . 3/22/2014
I've been putting off reading the last chapter 'The End!' because really, I didn't want it to end, heh. Even though I know there's a sequel I'll still miss the World Academy in England, and all the memories they'll leave behind there. Man, I'm surprised at how sad I am right now even though they'll all see each other again in the next fic. But... yeah, amazing fic, I loved the sub-plots just as much as the main plot and it's amazingly written. Seriously, thank you for writing this :)
yoshifan8 chapter 26 . 3/10/2014
I just discovered your fanfic, and I have to say I love it. I've been reading it all day. I can't put it down.
You got me with the Boys Over Flowers reference. Oh, I was exactly like them when I watched it. "Next episode. ..just one more..." ha, nope.
xHetaliax chapter 25 . 2/25/2014
IF THERE DOESN'T WIND UP BEING SPAMANO I WILL CRY
Guest chapter 41 . 2/7/2014
I'm not okay sobs softly reading this ending makes me so emotional, this story has quite literally ruined my life. God, Arthur was always my favourite to identify with, besides Roderich, because I painfully identify with everything about him and his characterisations and you captured him so perfectly, I'm going to bawl. His anger, his sadness, his grief, his longing and desire... Everything about him was perfect, and Alfred's characterisation is the most perfect thing I've read, because of his transformation. It hurts how much he changed, from going from an 'undesirable' outcast to the most desired boy on campus— and Arthur wanted him all along. I'm going to cry, please write something soon, update anything. I adore your work so very much, and I just hope you're on a temporary hiatus, despite not having updated anything in so long.

–Arthur.
bleubirdsong chapter 14 . 2/4/2014
As someone who speaks Russian, I was wondering if you intended for Ivan to imply that Yao is a girl- moya lubimaya (I think that's what you put) uses the female gendered form. If that's what you've intended, that's fine, but the more correct way would be moy lubimiy! I love this story so far. I'll definitely review later; I just need to finish it first. I do remember the prison slang a few chapters back being plural; to change that, you just remove the i at the end! :D this story is really awesome so far! Also, vor, from what I know, just means theif. I'm not an expert on other meanings for it, but thought I should mention it! I like how you put some Russian into this; it makes it fun.
catthegreat chapter 30 . 12/4/2013
I'm loving your story and I was going to wait till the end to review but there's one recurring thing I noticed that I just wanted to point out: rugby players (ruggers) don't wear pads or helmets. They actually find them kind of sissy. I think Alfred would probably want Matt to wear them when practicing (just in case) but he and his teammates wouldn't wear them.
Loving it so far!