Reviews for Thanks, But No Thanks
Bertha Darling chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Beautiful!
Amanthya chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
I love everything about this. Thanks so much for posting. : )
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Brava!
Mathematical Dragon chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
I love this! Perfectly in character for all of them and so inspiring. :) I so sympathize with Nyota!
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Way to be strong, Ny. thanks for the read.
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Yes! Deliciously feminist without being overbearing or preachy. And, as usual, also deeply insightful. What a perfect portrayal of Kirk! Delightful.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
*Cheering for Uhura*
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Hear hear! Bravo, Uhura! How marvelous.
Spidey-phd chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Bravo!
StarTrekFanWriter chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
I like this, it was very well written and in character.

One thing I will say, having worked in finance and being around really kind of tough guys - if you let them know they're pissing you off, i.e., "When you say that, I find it funny but it makes everyone else suspect I'm an idiot and that pisses me off..." They usually will behave.

Especially if you're good at your job and you make them lots of money.

Of course, I work with guys who are serious capitalists. They are kind of way more awesome than the University bureaucratic guys I worked with...but then maybe Starfleet would be filled with bureaucratic goons who can't be fired because of seniority and don't have bench marks for their achievements like quarterly accounts or profits.
AtanaM chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Now THIS was lovely. From the Kirk puppy dog eyes (I'm sorry but I never got the feeling she hated him... only found him annoying and there was always the caveat lurking in the background that they could be friends if he would just GROW UP!) to the fact that she LIKES wearing skirts and earrings and nail polish to the fact that yes... she wants the facinating Vulcan professor to notice her because he is WORTH her notice.

Very nicely done. Thank you.
Trekkie2 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
It will be interesting to see what reboot does for women in Starfleet. One would not have been the first to captain a starship. As far as we know, Erika Hernandez captained the Columbia NX-02, in the series, "Enterprise."

I like your interpretation of why it takes Kirk so long to find out Uhura's name. Can't wait for the movie when we do find out why it took so long. Thanks.
Old Fiat chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
You don't know how many times I started mentally cheering during certain parts of this story. I love the way you wrote Uhura's character and the way she views Kirk. It was all very natural and in character.

The ideas of certain prejudices that you explored about Starfleet within the story were interesting too. It really worked that there would be certain preferences and problems in the system like that. Very apt. It worked very well.

But I also love the way you wrote Uhura's view. Her pride and sort of half-buried anger were very in character, but also perfect for the situation she was in. The stuff at the end about how she enjoys being a woman and won't let anyone condescend to her was really... inspiring in a certain way. I mean, I go to a school were I'm one of two girls in my class (the other one of whom is my twin) and a lot of my teachers can be very strangely misogynistic. It was nice to read someone so accurately write the mind set that one ends up having in that sort of environment, where you always feel like the underdog, but you don't want to be.

So, yes. Great, great work. I love the idea of Kirk as a puppy. It just so worked. :D
bookdragon01 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
::Stands and applauds::

Love this fic and how perfectly you express her position.
Saissa chapter 1 . 12/6/2010