Reviews for Living Backwards
tuatara chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
...Huh. Somehow, I think the end of chapter 5 is actually *more* off-putting than before. So that's, well...something, I guess? (Though I must admit giggling at "but I don't go for guys with monkey butts for faces.") To be super blunt, I now kind of hate your Akane, and I still think you've shifted her way too far into caricature. I've given up on stories with less innate Akane-bashing than you've ended up with here. So...there's that.

Um, yeah. I really feel like you've crippled yourself a bit with all of this. Or rather, I think you're tying yourself too tighly to the canon parallel of Akane smashing Ranma with the table - and more broadly to the "Ranma mocks, Akane reacts" approach of canon. It works there in a way that it just can't possibly work here.

But moving past that - or trying to, anyway - there's still a lot to like here. It's just very hard for me to get really excited when you've already bummed me out. Honestly, it bothers me a ton more now than when I first read it. I figure it must be the changes, because like I said, I kind of hate this Akane now. I definitely didn't have that reaction the first time around. I've ended up sort of hating this Ranma too, now that I think about it.

And you see? I keep trying to comment on the new chapter, but I keep getting caught in the debris strewn about by chapter 5's ending. I really wish I hadn't gone back and re-read that scene, because then I could have had a "clean" reaction to the new chapter. Sigh-squared.

Okay, one more try...chapter 6. Truthfully, coming in clean wouldn't have helped much in the end. You've already pushed them farther into genuine hatred than they *ever* get in the series. In the course of an hour or so, Ranma successfully shunted Akane into the Ryoga role here...possibly even worse. I mean, Ryoga may have been obsessed with the idea of Ranma as his rival for years, but Ranma didn't view Ryoga as pathetic and disgusting (at least not until P-chan).

It's all poisonous with nothing remotely redeeming. I don't see how there's any coming back from that. There's just absolutely nothing good between them. And since you seem to be using canon as the basis for their dynamic (which really won't work here because of how radically different the situation is), I don't see how there can ever *be* anything good between them.

I was so excited to read this, but then I just felt...deflated. I will certainly be sticking with you, no question, but right now I'm kinda bummed out. I'm sure that's my fault, as I probably had irrationally high hopes for this story. Sorry about that.
MasterAion chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
This was certainly amusing. Another great chapter, congrates! Keep it going cuase I cant wait to read more. :)
AshK1980 chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
Very nice update as always!
Healer chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
interesting so far, keep it up.
ryu238 chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
I hope they get along soon.
VGS2 the sexy sausage chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
Hehe oh boy, what a fun chapter that was! XP

Loved how much Ranko didn't give a damn at... What happened with the water. XP

And d'aww, it was nice seeing Akashi admitting to liking her friends. Shows that she really does care. X3

Ah well, all in all, 'twas great as always!

Keep up teh good work. P
animefreak 171 chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
Good chapter I can't wait for the next
The Rabid Badger chapter 5 . 6/11/2011
Wow, nice story! I hope you will continue it, can't wait for the next chapter!
Hirayama chapter 5 . 5/20/2011
great story¬° I hope the next chapter

see you
Angela Jewell chapter 5 . 5/20/2011
Yay! Another chapter! _

I'm going to have to agree with tuatara's review though. It's one thing if they're living together and have a forced engagement hanging over their heads... but it's quite another when they're just schoolmates, and fairly new ones at that. Besides, Akane isn't the type to angrily lash out at someone over something so petty (especially a girl.) When Ranma used his girl-charms numerous times in front of her in canon, she only ever seemed annoyed/disgusted, not violent or unhinged; aka, calling her a "whore" in front of the entire class. Watching the exchange from her seat, and calling her 'shameless' later on, in private, would've been much more true-to-character. Her reaction seemed overly extreme, and I really wonder how they're going to recover from this... if I was Ranma, I'd smack "him" and be done with it.

Still, it's entertaining, and I'm constantly curious over what's going to happen next. Looking forward to Chapter 6!
RV520.L chapter 5 . 5/20/2011
Its Good I Like The Twist Haha! :) Nice onee :) x
animefreak 171 chapter 5 . 5/19/2011
awww man great chapter i cant wait for the next
AshK1980 chapter 5 . 5/18/2011
Nice work on this update as well!
VlightPhase chapter 5 . 5/18/2011
I like how you show where Ranma got the idea to smooch up to guys for food. Was it bad that I was laughing during the last scene when Akane was yelling at Ranma? I could see this turning into some giant school rivalry between those two.
MasterAion chapter 5 . 5/18/2011