Reviews for Settling in Darkness
zachary.techman chapter 21 . 2/21
Okay, I think I could come up with a rather good prompt for this story. moder psycles the sound of them. I don't know, being blind myself, the sound of when they are driving by puts a smile on my face, memories? you can bet. Either that or a special ring I don't know. All I can say is playing with blind Jim will be fun to the sited individual but could also be fun to the blinded individual. AKA myself and any other blind author on this site.
brookensouls chapter 20 . 4/24/2014
Amazing
brookensouls chapter 21 . 10/17/2013
This is so cutee! Wating for the next part ️
Cheerfully Blue chapter 21 . 8/18/2013
Aw... It's so cute. And sad. But wonderful. Just wonderful. I love the idea. I hope you keep it up.
LeDragonQuiMangeDuPoisson chapter 21 . 6/18/2013
I found this again a long while after reading it the first time, and I fell in love with it all over again. I hope inspiration has been kind to you, because I would dearly love to see some more of this!
livin-la-vida-loki-d chapter 21 . 12/30/2012
I really really really love this story :)
Taylor chapter 5 . 12/27/2012
...bum-fucked Washington? XD I love it! And that means a lot coming from a bum-fucked Washingtonian.
Cold Colors chapter 21 . 12/15/2012
Leonard smiles too.

Jim is smelling color.

That made me smile. :) It ... I dunno, it's just cute and it just hit me. XD

-Cold
Iniysa chapter 21 . 12/7/2012
This is an amazing story. The details were strong yet not overwhelming. It's hard for me to reach that medium of wanting your reader to feel like they are there without them realizing they are reading. Often I find my mind glazing over, my attention span snapping as I become board and begin to skim; when faced with to much details. Brilliant job.

I loved watching Jim become comfortable in his new circumstances while mostly everyone around him struggled or didn't to do so themselves.

The smelling color line was fantastic. I choked up... Again... Then went to turn to the next chapter only to realize with growing horror; that there was no next chapter. One reviewer said there was an authors note? I didn't see one. So just in case, with a little bit of hope; I set the site to follow this story... Just in case! :)

Either way, thank you so much for writing and sharing this gem.

Lauren
nhrc chapter 21 . 1/23/2012
I hoped a canopy or at least a marriage proposal but never mind.

What I did not expect this quantity of compassion spilled of chapters.

I hoped to a closure for the chapters together

It was wonderful. A little sore but wonderful.
Hallenee chapter 21 . 1/11/2012
This was amazingly beautiful and bittersweet. Thank you
Fernsfairie chapter 21 . 1/7/2012
Awwww, Jim! I'm so glad that he can do that. :)

Fern Rose
Zuvios Gemini chapter 21 . 1/6/2012
Wow that is amazing. Smelling color. I never thought of that before but that does actually work. :)
Romanse chapter 21 . 1/6/2012
It's always gonna be a good day to see more of this delicous story.

Jim "smelling" the colors was just such sublime writing! Very nice and full of warmth a reader can easily feel. I adore all of the love and regard comes Jim's way through all of the people in his life.

Jim is doing so well - lol - that means this story will be the total bomb if we could have a something happen to Jim for a little tasty h/c element!
ShamelessSpocker chapter 21 . 1/6/2012
I think the thing I love the most about your writing is the way you arrange the details. It's like you led me through Winona's house, room by room, and I saw it all clearly. (I saw it all clearly, in a story about a blind man. Eerie.) The flowers were amazing, and the story about Jim and the first flower after his blindness was heart-wrenching. Jocelyn smoking and Joanna being a human vacuum cleaner were excellent touches. But the ending was what really blew my mind. "Jim is smelling color." What a precious gift, finding those nail polishes and letting him imagine the color just by smelling it. This story is going so well. I love it so much. Thank you. I'll take this chapter as a special treat and savor it for as long as I can.