Reviews for Settling in Darkness
Genibane chapter 21 . 3/27
This was truly amazing! I only wish there was more!
tanseynz chapter 21 . 11/19/2015
Really really like this. Kirk is irrepressible, and I love the way he describes being blind. This is marked 'Complete' but to me it doesn't feel that way. I hope you do a sequel because I think there is more resolution to go.
009 chapter 7 . 8/20/2015
Yeah, it never snows like that in Washington, not even in Eastern. lol Go for somewhere like Colorado or Utah for three feet of snow, next time.
Z.TCrossoverwriter chapter 21 . 2/21/2015
Okay, I think I could come up with a rather good prompt for this story. moder psycles the sound of them. I don't know, being blind myself, the sound of when they are driving by puts a smile on my face, memories? you can bet. Either that or a special ring I don't know. All I can say is playing with blind Jim will be fun to the sited individual but could also be fun to the blinded individual. AKA myself and any other blind author on this site.
brookensouls chapter 20 . 4/24/2014
Amazing
brookensouls chapter 21 . 10/17/2013
This is so cutee! Wating for the next part ️
Cheerfully Blue chapter 21 . 8/18/2013
Aw... It's so cute. And sad. But wonderful. Just wonderful. I love the idea. I hope you keep it up.
LeDragonQuiMangeDuPoisson chapter 21 . 6/18/2013
I found this again a long while after reading it the first time, and I fell in love with it all over again. I hope inspiration has been kind to you, because I would dearly love to see some more of this!
livin-la-vida-loki-d chapter 21 . 12/30/2012
I really really really love this story :)
Taylor chapter 5 . 12/27/2012
...bum-fucked Washington? XD I love it! And that means a lot coming from a bum-fucked Washingtonian.
Cold Colors chapter 21 . 12/15/2012
Leonard smiles too.

Jim is smelling color.

That made me smile. :) It ... I dunno, it's just cute and it just hit me. XD

-Cold
Iniysa chapter 21 . 12/7/2012
This is an amazing story. The details were strong yet not overwhelming. It's hard for me to reach that medium of wanting your reader to feel like they are there without them realizing they are reading. Often I find my mind glazing over, my attention span snapping as I become board and begin to skim; when faced with to much details. Brilliant job.

I loved watching Jim become comfortable in his new circumstances while mostly everyone around him struggled or didn't to do so themselves.

The smelling color line was fantastic. I choked up... Again... Then went to turn to the next chapter only to realize with growing horror; that there was no next chapter. One reviewer said there was an authors note? I didn't see one. So just in case, with a little bit of hope; I set the site to follow this story... Just in case! :)

Either way, thank you so much for writing and sharing this gem.

Lauren
nhrc chapter 21 . 1/23/2012
I hoped a canopy or at least a marriage proposal but never mind.

What I did not expect this quantity of compassion spilled of chapters.

I hoped to a closure for the chapters together

It was wonderful. A little sore but wonderful.
Hallenee chapter 21 . 1/11/2012
This was amazingly beautiful and bittersweet. Thank you
Fernsfairie chapter 21 . 1/7/2012
Awwww, Jim! I'm so glad that he can do that. :)

~Fern Rose