Reviews for I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls
The Ficsmith chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
This was one of the best character studies that I've ever read, quite honestly. The dreams were gutting, as was the rest. And the last line absolutely killed me. Great job getting into Morgana's head and great job writing such a beautiful, short piece.
Jack's Shadow chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Oh god, that was really, truly painful. I've always had a very difficult time sympathizing with Morgana, but this fic brings out the saddest parts of her story. Beautiful work.
Wat chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Wow. This was so beautiful. And so sad. And just as everyone else said much more proficiently than I do, you bring depth to her character and you do it perfectly. I could easily visualize all the scenes which I think shows that you chose the right, powerfully evocative words and structures and it is just another proof that you have a very amazing writing style. Perfect, really. Thank you.

(I have directly translated words and structures of phrases from my native language so sorry if what I wrote is a bit strange or not totally understandable ...!)
dying platypus chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
:(((((((((((((((
Weaving Bard chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
"For none of them would ever, ever love her again."

Oh I've been gutted. Mean. So very mean.

Bitter Reality (as I see it):
Morgana and Merlin: the push-me/pull-me dance of love and hate.
Morgana and Uther: Daddy's Little Girl, showing him how well she learned his lessons.
Morgana and Arthur: I'm upset with the prat to define it as I see it.

Devoted love and support without mockery, without betrayal, and recognition was all she wanted and her past desires have now turned into nightmares? How very deep. The funny thing is, Morgana is Morgana - and she was let down by every man she ever cared for, needed, or loved.

You made her breathe.
You made her tears real.
You made a nice dream, horrible.

Thank you.
Cheesypriestess chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
No! Don't! DON"T YOU DARE MAKE ME CRY! Noo...
This story is MOST EXCELLENT. I hope you know that. Oh, poor Morgana... I wonder if there's any way she could ever be redeemed. Maybe if Mordred came back she'd have someone to love her again...
TO THE FAVORITES!
Murphy AT chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
WOW.
I wish I could spend time praising your wonderful crafting (diction, grammar, characterization), but I'm geeking out too much about the way you put it all together! And how perceptive it was! I never really understood Morgana once she went past the point of no return; she was boring and predictably angry, and I missed how she used to be. This somehow captures every part of her: the defiant hopeful, the conflicted confusion, the bitter anger. Thanks for writing!
TheNarator chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
sweet, sad and enlightening. very nice.
Rivergift chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I'm stunned - I love this! It's such a wonderful exploration of Morgana's character, and it's both awful and beautiful seeing her dreams - so many might-have-beens - and oh, the last line! You've brought all the tragedy and complexity that is Morgana to the surface, and I applaud you for it.
TheWeepingAngel chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Wow. Just, wow. That was awesome! I loved it. You really had me drawn in and your writing is fabulous! Great work. :D
Lady Meriwen chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Oh, Geoffrey. I believe I adore this.

You've captured Morgana's character perfectly. All of her depth that was hidden from us in the third series, all the conflict, the pain - you've brought it skillfully to the surface, and it aches with sorrowful beauty. Thank you. This was exquisitely crafted.
Kitty O chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
That's really sad and it makes a good point. THat is, they looved her.

I love it! SO sweet and sad, but softly written in a way that is almost peaceful when she's dreaming
JealousOfTheMoon chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Ack! I love it! It really brought a lot more depth to Three!Morgana. Perhaps one of the show's greatest weaknesses is the shallow, glossiness of Morgana's being - all her evil intent just sort of floats on the surface where any viewer can see it for what it is, rather than taking the time (which they probably don't have) to work out a truly complex character and give her depth and substance. Anyway, the point being, I like how you take all that surface-madness of the last series, if you will, and rather than trying to make it deeper than it was, you acknowledge it as shallow - and then explain how, in the future, Morgana's hatred of Merlin&Co truly deepens. You've somehow managed to fix the major holes in her character without rewriting the last three seasons. I don't know how you've done it, but you have. And, to top it all off, you've made her thoroughly endearing and tragic without trying to explain away all her stumblings. And, of course, your lovely style makes the whole thing flow along so easily - more like tripping along in Morgana's heels than watching a movie or reading a story. Well done! :)
Stripysockz chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
That was just beautiful. Morgana's dreams are such a huge part of what makes her magical, so telling the story of her descent into true madness through them was a brilliant idea! The ending was heartbreaking because it's so tragic but true to her character, and I could definitely see it happen in the actual show. You absolutely nailed Morgana's character, and you wrote it beautifully. Well done.