Reviews for Travelled So Far
Guest chapter 10 . 4/4/2021
Your story touched my heart. *ucking Amal was such a great movie. Thank you!
I like drawing ducks chapter 10 . 4/10/2018
Aww, the ending of this was just too cute.
kant1781 chapter 10 . 2/5/2017
I keep re-reading this wonderful piece once or twice a year and have come to admire it more every time I do. It is not just the sheer quality of the writing, the humour, the truthfulness, it is rather the deep understanding of the characters (most especially Elin's) that shows itself in the subtle and poignant sketches of their inner thoughts and longings, the kind of understanding that springs from genuine love for the characters, the kind of understanding that is itself nothing but love. As Agnes and Elin, now matured, look back on (and thereby renew) their love, in this piece, the writer looks back (and renews) her love for Agnes and Elin, and this matured love shines from every line.
(Plus, there are so many hidden gems in this that I keep discovering new ones every time I renew my acquaintance with it. This time, I walked away from it feeling that my favourite part of it is the unconspicuous sentence "Elin leant back against the opposite wall" in the scene where Agnes tries to apologize to Elin in the hallway (ch. 4). Any genuine lover of SML/FA will immediately know which iconic scene is being evoked here, only a genuine lover of the film could so evoke it.)
emtezet chapter 10 . 11/17/2016
Wow I cant find words to tell you how amazing your story is. How you show getting over their past and a complicated reunion is simply wonderfull. Thank you so much for this stroy. I always wanted to know what happed after FA ending and now I know. Your story surely can be The Fucking Amal 2
kant1781 chapter 10 . 2/11/2015
A wonderful story, pitch-perfect in tone. So many abandoned starts on a possible sequel, and this one nails it. Surely the best I've ever read on SML/FA. Great job, Fran! (The internet is just a village, eh...) Greetings from the past. Dave.
Eva chapter 10 . 6/1/2013
Beautiful! Good job.
Brighid chapter 10 . 10/19/2012
This broke my heart all over again. Thank you.
The Songwriter's Ghost chapter 10 . 2/2/2012
So. I finally got around to watching this movie a few days ago and I'd noticed this story on the list of stories posted on your account a long time ago, so I figured I should go read it. There's a very noticeable difference in your writing style between this and all of your other work.

I thought the characterizations were great, especially with Elin. All the core elements of the characters were still there, but with a bit more maturity thrown in there. The allusions to how Elin had dealt with Agnes leaving made me terribly sad, but they also seemed much as I would have expected from her.

I like that Jessica and Johan got together in the end; they suit each other. And I actually liked both of their characters (especially Jessica) in the movie, so it was nice to see what kind of ending they may have gotten.

Last thing: I loved the running references to the chocolate milk throughout the fic, and how you used it to kind of highlight some of their thoughts on their relationship, and ultimately to bring them back together.
codyw1 chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
This is excellent. They should force Alex and Rebecka to film it (at gunpoint, if need be lol).
BrokePerception chapter 9 . 5/29/2011
This was a lovely little story with a lot of twists and turns!
BrokePerception chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
That last line sure did it! :)
BrokePerception chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Very well written and portrayed. :)
Captain Razz chapter 10 . 5/24/2011
I enjoyed this story just as much as I enjoyed the movie. Thank you for a fantastic read.

I might have to watch the movie again now...

-Captain Razz
Miguel51 chapter 10 . 4/22/2011
Yay! They're back together! *proceeds to do a happy little dance* Ahem, sorry, that was a little undignified, but I couldn't help myself. Anyhow, I've got say thank you so much for writing this fic. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the continuing story of Elin and Agnes, and I appreciate the use of chocolate milk being one of the catalysts that brought them back together, like they're supposed to be. Great job!
Miguel51 chapter 9 . 4/19/2011
Agnes finally owned up to her bad behavior to both Elin and Kamilla, and that in itself is admirable. While I'm a bit sad that they're not together, I'm hoping that that'll eventually change once enough time has passed. Has Elin really forgiven Agnes though is what I'm wondering? And if they do get back together, how will it come about? Needless to say, I am very invested in this story you've written and can hardly wait to see how everything for our two girls turns out. Keep up the great work! -Migs