Reviews for No Quarter
VStarTraveler chapter 5 . 5/23
There are a lot of details in Chapter 5, but it’s well written and moves the story forward. After discovering that this Terra appears to be the Earth the Colonials seek, there’s a sense of wariness on both the Terran and Colonial sides, but they do their best to be cooperative in their newfound alliance against the Cylons. Promotions and what appear to be mutually beneficial deals are made. The Terrans prepare to help protect the Colonial Fleet and give the Colonials the ability to reach the Solar System more quickly in exchange for some advance manufacturing capabilities, while the Colonials look forward to finding a new home on a terraformed Mars.

Near the end of the chapter I liked how newly promoted Captain Yin shows she’s not going to just take what appear to be illegal orders without confirmation and that she’s not going to stand for slackers. Perez seems to give her proper support in this, establishing a good command structure on the Terran side. Looking forward to seeing where they go from here.

Nicely presented chapter.
Redwing1co chapter 10 . 5/22
Well done hope you continue
darkplayer35 chapter 10 . 5/20
Awesome update! I hope you continue this story and it is definitely living up to its potential! Please update again soon.
Like the story. Good use of TOS Galactica. Keep up the good work.

VStarTraveler chapter 4 . 5/18
Excellent chapter! Boomer and Jolly spot a ship in the distance and wisely run to be able to report back to the Fleet. The Terran Shield's capabilities are actually pretty good, too, so the Earthlings track and make the peaceful first-contact gesture. While declined, Perez decides to press onward and connect with the spacefaring fleet in the distance, and does a peaceful hail that leads to interaction and a swap of information with the Colonials. Both sides seem to express their peaceful intentions and show mutual respect, allowing hope for a long-term relationship between the parties. I thought this was very well handled in terms of the description and the dialogue.

My one minor issue with this chapter is that the Earthlings and the Colonials are able to communicate in "Standard" right off the bat. While they swap language and later visual protocols, the Earthlings language turns out to be Standard with only "minor differences" plus some "odd wording and some words" Athena hasn't seen before. While we don't know what the Standard of the late 22nd century will be, it will most likely have been developed on Earth from languages which have evolved and grown over centuries or even millennia. While we saw the Colonials speaking English (or whatever language into which the show had been dubbed) on TV, we know that would have been done for the benefit of the viewers to avoid the use of subtitles if everything seen was real and the show was being provided by real Colonials for Earth distribution! The chance of the two groups still speaking a relatively common language, even if planted by the Lords of Kobol some 5,000 to 7,000 years ago, would be very small unless the Earthlings were broadcasting a wide spectrum of languages including something like ancient Egyptian that would not have changed. For this to work, the Colonial's Standard language couldn't have evolved either, even though we know that some languages on at least some of the planets (like Gemon) were different. Perhaps this will be addressed in a later chapter?

The chapter ends on an excellent cliffhanger that could be hung up (sorry, couldn't resist) on the minor language issue noted above. In conclusion, great chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next one.
VStarTraveler chapter 3 . 5/18
Oh, those evil Cylons! It looks like they've practiced genocide on yet another world with another people. We learn more about the crew and it's operation. The ST references also continue in a historical-type manner, begging the question if that may be the case someday if we ever discover the ability to go beyond our own system. This chapter answers a few questions but opens the door to more, including whether Perez was actually dreaming or if the Terran Shield's presence has attracted the attention of others in the neighborhood. Looking forward to more answers and action in coming chapters. Thanks for your efforts in writing this and for sharing it.
VStarTraveler chapter 2 . 5/17
Nice introduction to the characters and some of the details that may come into play. Looking forward to getting into the action in upcoming chapters and to seeing if the Terran Shield has the bite to help take on the Cylons. Very good continuation.
VStarTraveler chapter 1 . 5/17
Great start to the story! I love the original Battlestar Galactica, but am not into crossovers with it. This was fun and different with the Earth perspective and the ST references. The quick and deadly appearance of the Cylons shows that they still mean business at whatever point this occurs after the exodus from the Colonies. I'm looking forward to reading more!
orionastro chapter 10 . 5/17
very good new chapter,its so good to see its back. I hope that the Rotrokan , settle on earth or any of earth colonies , to rebuild their Civilization, and The UEC should send more exploratory vessels ,to other Solar systems , to find other Civilizations , to form some kind of UFP , or Confederation, to defeat the damned Cylons once and for all, I hope the next chapter wont take this long , Cant hardly wait for the next chapters
Arthorius chapter 9 . 9/4/2015
Looks like a interesting story. 3 years since last update. Hope it is not abandon/dead.
rit57 chapter 9 . 6/6/2015
I just found your story and I like what I'm reading. I hope you continue writing it.
murgel chapter 9 . 3/18/2015
nice story with much potential. Very well done so far. Makes me want to read more even if I am more of a BSG 2003 fan.
Ray chapter 9 . 11/23/2014
Great story-I hope to see more.
Eric Thorsen chapter 9 . 9/29/2014
I congratulate you. There are not many who can get the feel for a 36 year old tv series correct. Even fewer from a series that only lasted a single year on its original form. Now if there were only more.
MSXManiac chapter 8 . 11/20/2013
There are corrections to be made on your text.

In Chapter 5, Perez told to Yin: "The third is carrying two hundred Annihilator missiles for us."
But in Chapter 6 - Perez told to Adama: "One of the ships that's on its way here has one hundred of these missiles for us."
The question is: there are one or two hundred antimatter warheads in the third ship?

And in Chapter 8 - Rollins told to Starbuck: "Not only lateral thrusters but Z-axis thrusters too. Were you born in a cockpit, Captain?"
Remember that Starbuck and Boomer are lieutenants and Apollo is a captain.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »