Reviews for Letter to a Soldier Overseas
cuzimaw3som317 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Oh, I like this. Could you make it a multichapter fic? Only if you really want to, of course, but oh I do like this.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
please don t stop i loved it
cl.lee chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Whoa! I think that it should be expended! :)
Jacksonrathbone'sgirl1 chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I loved this so much! It inspired me to write one like this it really hit close to home because my father is a soldier. When I told him about this last night when he came home he broke down and cried, he said that he had never read anything more true and beautiful. He wanted to thank you for supporting our troups and I do too :)
MissMelanieHamiltonWilkes chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Oh, please update this! It seems like a great beginning to an amazing story. Did the soldier you wrote to ever reply?
Slytherinchickk chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Wow. I love it! Did you get a reply from the Soldier you wrote to?

Your writing is phenomenal, inspirational - almost! I hope you do decide to continue this. I'd love to know what happens next.
Emily Ebriection chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
I hope you do decide to expand this one-shot! I think it's a great beginning to a wonderful story!
Katie1995 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
This is AMAZING! It's so good, and if I was the soldier who had received your real letter, I think it would've gave me renewed faith, renewed hope.

The person who received it was lucky to have someone like you to write it because it's true, everyone has ups and downs some point in their lives.

Your writing it beautiful and again, I just love this one-shot.

- Katie1995 :-)
candyapple123 chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
this here so very good & also neat letter great it is :)
a fan chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
if you expanded this that would be awesome!
CharliDenae chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Oh, Mackenzie, what a wonderful idea for a story! This is the perfect time for a story like this, with so many of our troops still in Iraq, but it is also a timeless plot, as so many soldiers have gone before. We cannot count how many young women have written to lonely soldiers over the years, but the possibilities for an amazing story are numerous.

I would really love to see this continued. Your letter is wonderful and I wonder, too, what the soldier who received it thought when he read it. I can imagine him in my mind, reading the letter, a small smile on his face. When he finishes, he leans back against a wall, turns his face to the sky, and imagines what Alice is like. He fantasizes about getting to know her, as his interest is peaked, and decides to write back to her. There begins a relationship that brings joy into both of their lives. His, facing death in Iraq, dusty and far from home. Hers, safe at home, but lost and uncertain about her future.

OK... I got a little carried away... but I do think this would be an amazing story. Best of luck to you, whatever you decide!

Happy New Year,

Charli
KathrynLupin chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Oh wow. I really hope you continue this, it would be horrible if you don't. I think this letter was really, really good.

And this was the letter you went to the solider overseas? That is really kind of awesome aha.

Please do continue this :)
twilightlover212 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
i really liked it! the letter wasn't the letter i was expecting! it made me think...please make a multi-chapter
Jaymie chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
This is wonderful. It's nice to know a real troop overseas received it.
dail-of-the-air chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
This is a very beautiful letter. The connection to your own life makes it all the more precious. Great job!

I especially enjoyed the rumination on what a soldier is to a young woman. It adds so much depth to the (self-admitted) vain beginning.

On a sidenote, I noticed that you have me on author's alert. I feel that it's my responsibiity to tell you that I probably will not be updating any time soon... But you've inspired me to go write something. Thank you.