Reviews for Merry Month of May
DarkPhoenix101 chapter 15 . 5/4/2014
This story is beautifully written, the characterisations are spot on, it's emotionally involving and the historical details and notes are fascinating.

So why do I find it ultimately unsatisfying? Because it contradicts the central message of the 2010 film. Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland is, in essence a Feminist Fairy Tale, and the common theme of Fairy Tales not that the hero (or heroine) takes up permanent residence in the Enchanted Realm, but that through their adventures there they find the strength and courage (the muchness if you like) to face their problems in the mortal world. To me, Alice's destiny is in her own world and Underland is meant to be her inspiration, not her home.

So I found your casual dismissal of Alice's attempts to make a life for herself in the Above world significant and disturbing. 'Perhaps this world was not ready for a powerful woman of business,' you had Alice think. Well the only way it would ever come to accept such a thing is if some woman had the strength and determination to succeed at it despite the odds. I found it almost as disturbing that there seemed to be no mention of what Alice would actually do in Underland, besides being a wife and mother.

In many ways it's a wonderful story, but I'm afraid I can't help but feel it betrays everything the film was about.
may96 chapter 15 . 7/14/2013
Nice little story
Yuri no Kimi chapter 6 . 6/6/2012
I must say, that's an interesting choice of hat that Alice bought... a peci is usually only worn by males. But I suppose she wouldn't know that

Anyway, great story so far! I really like it
Erin chapter 12 . 6/4/2012
Alice is really quite horrid... She is selfish in that she doesn't care at all about how hatter feels about her. I don't think she's really all that great of a match for him, with the way she just ignores his opinions and feeling.
Lady Shagging Godiva chapter 12 . 4/16/2011
I don't think I like this Alice. I don't dislike her, but she's taken her independence so seriously that she ignores other people's (Hatter's) feelings in the process. Maybe it's because the way you've written it I feel Hatter's pain acutely. I almost want her to not come back and have Hatter fall madly in love with someone more worthy. But then it's hard to think of Hatter with anyone but Alice in this fic. I think Alice needs to reevaluate what's important to her, independence or happiness. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway love this story too!
Amarylliss chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
I absolutely devoured this fanfic. I could not accomplish anything else until I was finished with it. You did a beautiful job of conveying emotions. This was definitely a roller coaster! Amazing job!
queenofgoblins chapter 15 . 2/28/2011
I very much enjoyed this story. Thank you very much!
ThatRaven chapter 15 . 2/8/2011
It was such a beautiful journey through this story! It's one of these stories I won't forget. You deserved much more reviews. Thousands of them. The whole story was easy to read, it flowed like a dream. The plot was great. I can't say a single thing that I didn't liked. Everything seems to be perfect. Every inperfection of characters an events makes story perfect. The characters are so alive. Everyone with their pluses and minuses. Not a single one was neglected. Beginning and ending conected so beautifully. This story is full of deep, beautiful, sometimes terrible emotions. I have connected with this story and it's so hard to leave it behind. I will fallow Your stories and I'm hoping to read more.
ThatRaven chapter 14 . 2/8/2011
I don't have words for this chapter. It is brilliant. It made me cry.
ThatRaven chapter 13 . 2/8/2011
Very sad chapter. It was easy to feel the atmosphere, because it ir raining where I live as well. Alice (and me along with this story) fell from Wonderland, more mentaly than physicaly. So sad. Everything changed so fast... How sad, how sad. You are very good writer, I can feel the emotions.
ThatRaven chapter 12 . 2/8/2011
Life sometimes is a complicated thing. So are love. That's what Alice really learned.

Oh no, just few chapters left... I love this story. You are brillian writer.
ThatRaven chapter 11 . 2/7/2011
Evil Tarrant! This chapter is dark, but still needed. As a salt. Great job.
ThatRaven chapter 10 . 2/7/2011
Very, very interesting spin of the story. But... Hamish get your hands off Alice! How much his eyes are green, his eyes won't be greener that Tarrants. How much his hair are orange, it won't be more beautifuly orange that Tarrants... Well, I just love Hatter. Don't mind me.
ThatRaven chapter 8 . 2/7/2011
At least, everything seems in peace! A rhyme!
ThatRaven chapter 7 . 2/7/2011
Where was Mirana when I was seasick T.T.

Are you the Master of Romance? That thing, that they both feel the same is so cute . Oh, she broke her rule! That's right! Rules are created to be broken!