Reviews for The Magnificent Illusion of Shadows
Yvi-sama chapter 6 . 1/11/2011
How could Drake have hoped that Gos' kid turned out any different? Poor guy.

I liked Jack's tries on manipulating LP ("drink? I meant drive").

Hm, best line:"Why, I remember when your mom was just that big!" :D
Atarah Derekh chapter 6 . 1/11/2011
Like mother, like son. I imagine that after what happened to Gosalyn, Jack's going to have an even harder time convincing Drake to let him take up mask and cape and fight crime. But what remains to be seen is how far Drake will go to stop Jack. And I personally am really curious as to what Jack will eventually name his hero persona.
Yvi-sama chapter 5 . 1/6/2011
Wow, am I lucky or what? An update the day I find this story :D

The whole "DreamGosalyn" thing sounds very promising.

"death-by-automated-lawnmower" loved it
Atarah Derekh chapter 5 . 1/6/2011
Sounds like life as usual at the Muddlefoot home.

Have you noticed any problems with FFN publishing updates and new stories? I noticed that the DWD page seems to have regressed to last week's content, which means the one-shot I published last night isn't visible. Also, the site gave me problems when I tried to navigate to this chapter from my e-mail alert.
Yvi-sama chapter 4 . 1/6/2011
Another good chapter. I really like Thad.

Those last moments were very well written.
Yvi-sama chapter 3 . 1/6/2011
Still being hooked, hehe.

I like how you enbedded this tiny parts of family-history in a single listing

Can't wait to read more!
Yvi-sama chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Amazing first chapter, I'm totally hooked up!

Your writing is flawless, as is your characterisation of Drake. Good job!
Miss Mal chapter 4 . 12/20/2010
Wow, way to make me all teary-eyed. What a sad recollection of the past. Poor Darkwing! That scene sort of reminds me of The Watchmen when Doctor Manhattan is created, after the door seals behind him and everyone is watching helplessly from the other side.

A very touching chapter. I'm really enjoying this story.
Atarah Derekh chapter 4 . 12/20/2010
OK, I'm tearing up. This is turning out really well. Can't wait for more.
Atarah Derekh chapter 2 . 12/13/2010
So, is Jack experimenting with his chemistry set again, or is it time for Darkwing Duck to come out of retirement? Or perhaps it's time for Jack to carry on the family legacy.
Atarah Derekh chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Wow! This is an excellent beginning to what promises to be an intense and amazing story.
FearlessFreep chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
You caught my attention a long time ago with 'Bootleg Sunrise,' so you have no idea how excited I was to see you start a fic about my other favorite cartoon series. You have that wonderful ability to make writing seem effortless; I love your style, you have a knack for carrying the reader easily through a chapter and hooking them in. I really like this so far, you show vestiges of Drake's former self but it's obvious he's a different person now. And, going by how appealing you made Harpo in your previous story, I can tell that Jack is going to be a character to watch. Clearly I don't know what "The Accident" entails but my interest is piqued.

This already shows a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it. Good stuff.
Miss Mal chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Oooh I like how this has started off. Though it saddens me for Gos to have died, I like the plot you've started with. Now I'm dying to know what this big "incident" was ten years ago that somehow managed to wipe out all the supervillains!

Hope to see more from you!