Reviews for Silver and Gold
Cheile chapter 1 . 8/3
Hey, Rebecca! The summary of this one caught my eye, so it became my obvious choice for this tag.

The Ziva-McGee angle is not explored quite enough in the fandom and I think you did a great job utilizing it here with having Tim's focus be on the fact that Ziva now has a new Star of David necklace, courtesy of none other than Gibbs. I am totally with him on how she didn't seem quite fully "dressed" without that necklace since Saleem stole her original necklace from her. I also like the irony of the whole fatherly connection between her and Gibbs, since Eli had given her the original necklace. I always thought long before they really established it in canon that Gibbs was more of a father to her than Eli ever was and so I love little moments like this included in fics because it cements that feeling for me.

I like how you use the angle of the necklace being the first thing he noticed when he met Ziva; it makes a smooth introduction to bringing up the Kate factor. And I can totally understand Tim's hesitation at bringing the idea up in the first place – to someone else, it might sound creepy or offensive when it is absolutely not meant to be. The fact that Tim saw the necklace as symbolism for Kate's posthumous approval of Ziva taking her place is both really sweet and profound in that it helped him cope with the addition of a stranger – and a stranger who was related to Kate's killer to boot. Ziva's reaction was lovely as well as she struggles to find a response and finally resorts to Hebrew to do so. And the ending was a little sad touch that speaks a truth about memories – you may remember the people, you may remember important things about them, but eventually the little details will fade from one's memory in time.

One thing about your writing I can always appreciate – everyone always sounds in character: in this instance, Tim's tripping over his tongue at the beginning of the conversation and his hesitation to mention Kate, then hurrying to explain the difference between the two – as well as Ziva's continuing to be surprised at how much the team cares for her, something she was never used to (and probably never will be in some ways).

Beautifully written :)
VG LittleBear chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Hi, isn't it fascinating what details represent for the individual? Kate may not have worn her crucifix all the time, but she wore her faith more openly than anyone else on the team. Ziva wore her 'Star of David' for many different reasons, but I like the idea that it was a sign of approval from Kate. And who else but McGee would have such a beautiful thought?
Silver and gold are how I'd describe Kate and Ziva's skin tones.
Thank you for this story! Cheers!
Trinkies chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
This was absolutely positively beautiful. I love Tim-Ziva friendship fics, and this one was one of the best I've read so far. Thank you for writing this, and I hope to read more of these if possible.
Ladyaloysius chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Just another special moment!
The cursed child chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
So very sweet :)
MoonlitShadowsoftheHumanSoul chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Sweet...McGeek is such a dork.
muzikchic4eva chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
i love how you made the similarity between ziva and kate. Not a lot of that happens, especially with their different personalities. :)

I really enjoyed reading this.
JoBelle chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Oh, I really enjoyed this! It's nice to see some MCGee and Ziva interaction and I think it was very IC for Tim to think that of Kate. Really nice tie in and I'm glad you had Gibbs give her the new one. McGee being glad he told Ziva was sweet and just the right amount of sad when he realized he can't remember whether Kate's was silver or gold anymore. Great job! :)
USAFChief chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Very nicely done. I like McGee and Ziva friendship...sometimes even more when McGee can get up the courage. *smiles*
PodDoc chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I only read tiva fics

. but I have tears... I need to broaden my horizons.

this was so sweet. totally fits mcgoo
Amilyn chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Lovely re: Tim and him feeling that Kate was sending her stamp of approval for Ziva. And I love how you wrote Ziva's response and reaction, her being touched that they noticed and cared. Lovely.
dvd123 chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Really nice. The last line really gets me, it's beautiful in a bittersweet way.

And I like McGee's and Ziva's relationship on the show, so glad this was about them. I think that their friendship is really healthy. And I think McGee actually feels more comfortable around Ziva than Kate to be honest. Always thought that Kate was quite cruel to him. Ziva may tease him once in a way, but it's very good-natured. And when Tony messes with McGee sometimes, Ziva gives him a boost of confidence by siding with him. Think it's sweet. :)
Zivacentric chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
I love Ziva & McGee's friendship and this is indeed a very original spin on the re-appearance of her necklace - and on revealing the depth of the trust and friendly affection between these two, as well.

There are many well-written lines in this, but I think my favorite might be "Sometimes the memories of Somalia still wake her up at night, sweaty and shaking, but after what McGee's just said, they feel small and far away." Well done!
starryjules chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Another fantastic story. You're right - it has a great original spin on it; there are too few McGee/Ziva friendfics out there. And as with all your stories, there's always a few sentences/a moment that really resonates for me - this time with the lovely bittersweet moment at the end of McGee unable to remember if Kate's necklace was silver or gold. Beautiful!
The Original Geek chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Amazing story. Very well written, and I think you've captured McGee perfectly. And I could totally see this as a scene in an episode.