Reviews for Silver and Gold
Eienvine chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Great story! Very well written in terms of both narrative and grammar, both of which are sometimes in short supply in fanfiction. And it's the only time I've ever seen the Book of Mormon used in an epigraph for this kind of work, so it was interesting in that way. :)
Danielle chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Awww! Bitter-sweet! That was a really great fic!

1. I was super touched about the "coincidence" that Tim noticed. That was really nice that you did too and wrote abour it. )

2. At the end that McGee coudln't remember if it was silver or gold, yes I can see why that is sad and why he would feel guilty but it is a symbol that he is moving on. That is a bitter thought but that he remmebers is the important parts, that is sweet.

Bittersweet, I love it.

Keep up the good work!
rubiesandrain chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! This is literarly the most adorable thing ever.
Mighty-Huntress chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Huh. And here I thought the name came from the old Girl Scouts song-"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold." Meh. Whichever. -Huntress
Torra Jhed chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
This was a very sweet story. I liked it a lot and I think the title is entirely appropriate.
SweetSinger2010 chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Oh, how poignant and sweet! Kudos to McGee for being so sensitive and thougtful! Oddly enough, my favorite part of the story was this: "Then realizes with a pang of guilt that he can't even remember anymore." I don't know why, but this line struck me. Perhaps because of its simple, sad irony? Good job. :)
Zayz chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I actually really liked the title. It works. Don't change it. :)

I actually really liked the whole fic too. It was sweet and the last sentence was a doozy, because sometimes I miss Kate too, even though I like Ziva a million times better. McGee's hesitancy and his mental head-slap was nicely done.

Only thing I would say stylistically is to work on showing, not telling, the character's emotions because sometimes it got a little heavy-handed on the narration of what McGee and Ziva were feeling (that gets problematic because Ziva, whatever she may feel, is not touchy-feely at all) but otherwise, I enjoyed this story very much.

Nice job - thanks for writing!

Cheers.

X

-Zay
Elizewyn chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
That was very touching and sweet, i loved it !
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Good fic. The name is actually really good. McGee's little explanation was adorable and very cute. A very orignal idea.
Gunner'sDream chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
It's not a coincidence, it's a sign, Kate wanted Ziva on this team- i never really thought of it like that.

I loved this story! it was really great and i love the mcgee/ziva friendship. very touching.
fukitimout chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Awesome story! And your title's fine. Not the best, but fine. And your story is amazing. Is that is, or is there more? Because I want more... :)

I have to say my favorite line was the last one. It was zoo haunting. And I never made the cross/star connection before, so nice catch!
fukitimout chapter 1 . 12/6/2010

L Moonshade chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Excellent story, very touching. Thanks for sharing!
TheaterFreak123 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010