Reviews for Letters
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 8/24
Another cute way to end things that satisfies the Harry/Daphne shippers. Clever!
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 8/24
Very nice! I really enjoyed your story. I like your way of handling Babymort, too! I guess it helps when Harry can actually interrupt and prevent the ritual and actually bring the culprits back with him. MUCH harder for Fudge to sweep it all under the flying Axminster! I was a little surprised that the bad guys weren't sent through the Veil after they were Kissed. I wouldn't want to take any chances.

Even with everything that happens to him, Harry seems much less angsty with Fleur. (Perhaps he should have stolen her away from Bill in the books. Besides, I'm sure both Remus and Sirius treated Fleur with considerably more affection and respect than Molly ever did. Frankly, I'm surprised she didn't insult Fleur and the Delacours on Family Day. Arthur must have slipped her a calming draught before they left.) Harry doesn't seem to get as wound up over Malfoy, Skeeter, or even Ron's idiocy this time. Perhaps he just needs a more mature woman around him. I won't say Fleur doesn't tend to "direct" Harry a bit; but she doesn't come off as bossy and "in your face" as Hermione, and she manages to build rather than diminish Harry's sense of self worth.

I also like Daphne as a match for Harry. Because she is an undeveloped character in the novels, authors are free to develop her as they choose. Most who use her manage to use the built-in Harry/Slytherin conflicts to slowly reveal her character and strengthen the bond between them.

Anyway, good story.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 8/23
So ... Is Fleur truly interested in Harry, or is she just passing time? If she decides the age gap is just too big, will he be devastated if it doesn't work out? Will he just kick himself for having wasted time he could have spent building something with Daphne? Or will he treasure the experience for what it was, remain good friends with her, but move on romantically? (For some reason, their relationship reminds me of the movie The Summer of '42, which kind of makes me feel sad.)

McGonagall was correct about the friendship having been good for Harry, I think. Whatever happens, he has learned that there are people who respect him and women who find him kind, charming, and desirable. That has to be a boon for a 14-year-old.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 8/23
Too bad Harry didn't get to save Daphne this time, especially as she was so sweet before the task. He might want to think more about her, as she is his age and probably a more realistic option at this time. He needs to do some serious thinking on both of them, at any rate, or he will wind up losing both of them. Exactly how did Ron help save Gabi again? ;)
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 8/23
I wonder who will be taken as Harry's hostage this time. When the official asked Daphne's name at the ball, I thought perhaps it might be for the purpose of determining the hostage. With Harry having taken her on the broom ride in front of the entire school, she would seem to be a definite possibility. Still, I can't see her willingly agreeing to be a hostage (assuming she is asked rather than just grabbed). I suppose poor Harry will be stuck with rescuing Ron again, and Hermione seems to be a shoe-in for Victor. If Fleur gets Roger, instead of Gabi, she might just leave him down there! This should be interesting.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 8/23
I wonder if Ron and Harry will argue again, this time over Harry's and Hermione's dates. Since Hermione appears to like Krum and vice versa - and Harry's date is a Slytherin - I fear it is bound to happen. Ron has probably been building up a head of steam all evening and is nearing the boiling point.

I thought you did well with Daphne. She seemed rather frosty at first - icy, if you prefer - like her Ice Queen nickname. However, she did seem cordial enough to Harry, considering the circumstances. I hope Malfoy doesn't curse her for going to the ball with Harry. I hope he doesn't injure Harry, either.

I hope Harry doesn't suffer for his actions toward Roger Davies. That could get ugly with brooms and flying involved. I wonder ... has anyone noticed that Harry doesn't seem to be affected by Fleur's "allure"? Is that a possible sign that he is incredibly mature or that he is in love (with either her or someone else)?
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 8/23
"There will be no attempt at Dursley redemption ..." LOL! Is it even possible to redeem the Dursleys? Unless they have been acting against their natural inclinations under long-term Compulsion charms or have been Imperiused to hate and mistreat Harry, I can see no way of excusing their behavior. JM2K, of course.

Fleur seems to be a nice pen pal for Harry, despite their age difference. While a 3-year difference between 17 and 20 seems rather small - since both are considered adults in the Wizarding world - the difference between 14 and 17 is rather a large one. People change considerably, both physically and emotionally, between ages 14 and 17. I certainly did.

Interestingly, Harry might be one of the few males who would understand how she feels about being gawked at or pursued for being a Veela. I notice she has not told him this little tidbit. Then again, unless she educates him about this, he probably wouldn't understand the significance of it without Hermione to explain it to him. I hope that when they finally do meet, he doesn't act like an idiot and she behaves better than in the book.

I wonder if they will continue to write to each other after the assignments have been completed.
FreeAllFrogs chapter 4 . 8/19
What would have helped both Dumbledore and Riddle is if they had read and followed The Evil Overlord List. Form most is KISS, keep it simple stupid.
Markus Ramikin chapter 20 . 8/18
Considering I find Quidditch the most idiotic fictional sport ever and it invariably bores me in stories, it's a bit surprising that this story kept my interest despite all the focus on that - but all the non-quidditch elements worked more than well enough, so good work.

This chapter, though, was a bit sour for me. Pretty much everything I wanted to say was already said by reviewer Runecutter, so I'll leave it at that.

Overall, good story. Clear writing, reasonably well portrayed characters. I enjoyed it.
Markus Ramikin chapter 15 . 8/18
Krum's replies to Ron were... contrite? I don't think that word means what you think it does.
Harry learning about Harry? Don't you mean Fleur learning about Harry and vise versa?
Hobble Gobble chapter 6 . 7/28
I can't even tell you how much I love the Quiddich idea. I had a huge smile on my face for the entire Quiddich portion of this. I get major feels.
4-and-6-forever chapter 21 . 7/25
This is an insanely good story and you're a really good author.
I really enjoyed reading this.
I really like it!

Maybe Harry marry both of them if Sirius leave him the tittle of Black... Lol
fireball900 chapter 20 . 7/9
I'm glad you did this alternate. It's an interesting view of 'what could have been.'
2,073 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »