Reviews for Bright Copper Kettles
csiAngel chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I am grinning so much and grinned throughout most of this fic - I stopped grinning for the serious talk bit but my heart was skippity-skipping still! This is a lovely, fun fic and I enjoyed it so much and I adore you for writing it! I loved so much about it, to list it all would be to effectively write it out again! But this bit stood out to the point I copied it for the review:

"...and he grinned back, because he couldn't seem to function in any other manner, other than copying her movements."

That is one of the most amazing sentences I've ever read! Such a fabulous description of what is happening and of a sensation that is so difficult to put into words!

You are awesome!
Kathinka chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Omg, I loved it! I absolutely loved it! So well-written and you get the characters spot-on. Fantastic! Although, I thought it would be a little long at first, after beginning to read I couldn't stop anymore and was very glad it was a little bit longer. And I liked it being cliché, but not in a bad way cliché. Well done! :)
Calculated Artificiality chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I always feel like my reviews for you are LAAAAME because I have usually flailed repeatedly about you fic before!

Buuut, FLAIL!

They're on a ferris wheel!

I still loooove that he paid for her funnel cake SFM. That was just so cute and small and gentlemanly, and I loved it.

And you.

You rock my face off!
CommonFlower chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
"Will you take me on rides?" Gillian's smile was growing, and he waggled his brows at her suggestively.

"Oh, you have no idea, love."

And the rest was absolutely fine and good and love..and making me feeling dizzy in my head :D
Crazy Victoria chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
should have gifs enabled so I could spam you with MOAR images of how much I love this. I LOVE IT SO MUCH I'M REVIEWING AGAIN. Talent, you have it. In BUCKETS. OCEANS, REALLY.
Village Hall chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!

I could go through it and find my favorite lines, but that's for another time!

But THIS: "They were more the sit in each other's offices and bare their souls over a glass of scotch type of friends." So true.

Just - how do you take them and understand them so well? I just get this happy feeling when I read your stories - they're awesome. So again. THANK YOU.
sass787 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
I really enjoyed the stalked by cliches line
ImovedtoAO3andsoshouldyou chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Favorite. Callian. Fic. Ever.

Seriously, it was that good. There wasn't really anything that I didn't like, at all. The imagery was perfect, the dialogue was spot-on, the ending (while riddled with cliches, as you said) was perfect. If this could only actually happen in the show, that would be awesome. This is the first story of yours' that I've read, but you're going on my favorite authors list, solely for this.

I think I'm going to go reread it now!

Thank you for the awesome story, keep writing!

LB
Lil.Miss.JoJo.33 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
:')
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
"the bomber" lmao!

"Sometimes he had absolutely no idea what on Earth he and Zoe had done right to raise such a smart, empathetic, capable daughter." aaawww!

"What on Earth had he just agreed to?" poor Cal, he cant handle those 2... ;)

"I promise not to look in the totally obvious corner of the closet you hide my presents in." hahaa love her!

"the instant things started looking like they could move into a more serious area, you started backpedalling like hell." FAVEST!

"He remembered he'd sat, just where he sat now – and his legs couldn't reach the floor so he'd swing them back and forth. And his Mum would always smile over at him, and make faces in the mirror so he could see." the sweetest.

"he's quite frankly fucked if he knew exactly what it was."

"Mitten-warming waits for no man" lol!

"As far as he was concerned, he could have been chewing sawdust for all the notice he took of the flavour"

"He couldn't even pretend this was about mittens anymore"

"He'd hurt her even more in all his attempts to not hurt her." feel the same way.

"I thought he deserved you Gill, but I knew that I needed you more than he did." omfg!

"I realize now that it was just an incredibly stupid idea, but those are my forte, as you well know." hhahahaa i love him!

"I'll just spend the rest of my life making sure you never regret it." u better Cal, u better.

"he could kiss that little corner of her lip that he adored." so lovely!

why on earth doesnt this happen on the show? well, i know why n most of the time im ok with all that, but after reading this i just wanna WATCH THIS EPISODE!
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Awww! I loved this story. I like how Emily bombarded Cal early in the morning to set him straight!
theadmiralscoffee chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Awwwwwwww :) Cliche or not is was ADORABLE!

Simply put, you rock!

~Hailey
rtlnord chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
*sigh*...what a nice story! I loved Cal's speech :-)
CaraMia-1984 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
I adore that all your stories are lengthy. Oh, and so well written, too!

You are awesome for throwing in a reference to one of my favorite movies ever as the title - The Sound of Music. Emily meddling in her father's love life was adorable and very in character. I felt like I was at the carnival with them! Funnel cake is amazing!

Favorite line: "I'm not doing this like some movie of the week cliché on top of a carnival ride that we've been on far too long, okay?" Love it!

I'll stop gushing now. Thanks, once again, for sharing such a lovely story with everyone. Hope it didn't keep you away from cleaning and getting ready for the hubby to return!
nikkidog chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
THANKS! Love the mittens!
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »