Reviews for The Ocean in a Teacup, and Other Overestimations
GalanthaDreams chapter 10 . 5/2/2013
This was an absolute pleasure to read. I look eagerly to what you next gift us.
fiveflyingsquirrels chapter 10 . 4/29/2013
A-mazing work as usual! I knew Kuina was an Uzumaki all along and how you revealed it was genius! This chapter gave me a sufficient dose of Zabuza and I am still waiting for more! Can't wait to see how he and Haku tip-toe around the Mizukage (before Haku is old enough to fight) and meet up with the rest of the swords! I will stay tuned in and i am seriously looking forward to an update on Harbinger, and if I know you tiger, that new chapter is gonna be fun too!
samsaraknight chapter 10 . 4/29/2013
just when i thought this story could not get any better you blow my mind. i love this story and the witty undercurrent in it! this chapter itself was a major turning point for the main characters, particularly Zabuza who is now solidifying his guardianship of Haku and trying to balance that with his hectic schedule. i wonder how he is going to leave Mist without being noticed, because Kuina's apprentice Guo knows he has Haku...the plot thickens! and of course the leading couple goes to visit Kuina's dad for permission to get married...and the bombshell is officially dropped! Kuina is a descendant of the Uzumaki on her mom's side, and she was left behind with Uomaru when her sister was requested to go to Leaf. its kind of brilliant how easily this might have fit into canon, because there is NO WAY TO KNOW for sure that Kushina DIDNT have siblings. awesome. I freaked out at the part. and of course her dad is hilarious and brings Kamisori out of his cool-guy shell. hopefully love has changed him and he wont sell Kuina out to the Yuki clan! and yeah...pretty much everything with Zabuza was really great: and Gai makes a cameo during the battle! i thought that was also super clever how you explained the event in which Ao gets the Byakugan...though its sad to know that Hyuga man has to suffer. Again, just plain ridiculous awesomeness and Haku is shaping up to be the complex good-guy-teamed-up-with-bad-guy character we know and love. thank you and NEVER stop writing this story please.
she disenchants chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I don't often read multi-chapter fics, but I am so glad I started this one! I agree that there is not enough about Kirigakure and the Swordsmen in the manga, and as a big fan of the Mist (and a HUGE fan of Zabuza) it is refreshing to find good multi-chapter fics about its past and its characters. Also, I am loving your writing style! Can't wait to read the rest!
Haruhi Lawiet chapter 10 . 4/23/2013
You are amazing. Seriously, this is like a bible to an Mist fan like me. Ah, I've started a fic about Zabuza recently, and well, I've forgotten of this piece of art, when I came here and I saw it I was sooooo happy.

I've been reading it again since then, I'm loving it more.

(Haku reading The gusty shinobi made me go aaa...this explains everythig! (but it doesn't))
Katar Jin chapter 10 . 4/15/2013
i hope all is going well with uni. i liked this chapter the fact that Zabuza is starting to warm up to Haku (hehe ice powers warm up)
samsaraknight chapter 7 . 1/14/2013
Zabuzaawesomeness. i get enough of your Zabuza characterization, it's most likely the best i've ever read. what really sucks (in the super well-written way) is that one of Kuina's best friends is senselessly killed (and the other assaulted) which really is a huge downer. kind of a reality check, it seemed, of what it is to live in the shinobi world. shocker! Kamisori wants to marry Kuina! but does he really mean it?
samsaraknight chapter 6 . 1/14/2013
things are winding down after the wreckage of the Kaguya clan, and what's this? we get an insider's look at the Yuki clan! what snobs and yet it is neat to see that Haku has some definitive heritage here, btw where is that kid? can't wait for Haku to turn Zabuza's world upside down! Kamisori is playing a dangerous game and i don't want him to mess things up with Kuina, boy you sure know how to generate suspense! and of course we have confirmation of Kuina's background in her father's letter. brilliant chapter, keep em coming!
samsaraknight chapter 5 . 1/14/2013
this was just an utterly amazing chapter: the action, the characters, the twists...there needs to be a round of applause for this one. Zabuza and Kamisori are some badass fighters, I was loving this battle! and Shon busted Kimimaro out, thereby changing the course of his future! i hope. and holy snap, that ending...KUINA IS AN UZUMAKI, or at least it really really seems that way. freakin awesome story and i can't get enough of it, thanks for taking the time to write it!
samsaraknight chapter 4 . 1/14/2013
oh my god Kimimaro is just unbelievably written here. he is like a real kid, although a dangerous one, but seeing him outside of a cage getting something done is really refreshing. the kaguya homestead is cool and i like that Kuina and Kamisori are starting to form their relationship now. as always, fantastic job!
samsaraknight chapter 3 . 1/14/2013
wow, best part was when Zabuza and Kuina had that ironic moment together at the end. kind of the perfect way to wrap up a chapter! awesome! i am guessing that Kuina is going to be very significant, which is cool because i like her character
samsaraknight chapter 2 . 1/14/2013
i really love how you depict action in your stories! each fight scene is easy and exciting to visualize. great job with characterization too!
fiveflyingsquirrels chapter 9 . 8/12/2012
Oh this was just excellent for SO many reasons! I can't get enough of Zabuza in this story and his interaction with Haku is very well done. One thing that really stuck with me in this chapter is how the "kids" namely Haku, Kimimaro, Suigetsu and Chojuro are utterly helpless dependent on their parents/guardians for now. More importantly, their guardians are very aware of how important it is that they stay alive during the war in order to train and protect their apprentices. It really does seem chaotic and could drive you crazy after a while, knowing that some young person is desperately depending on you.

I enjoyed the scene of Kamisori and Kuina settling down to live together. Even if there is the threat of Kamisori's two-timing with the Yuki clan ruining Kuina's marriage, I am still rooting for them. I don't want them to go up in flames, but it kinda looks like you are steering them that way. It is really cool that he can make Shadow Clones (will we learn how he got the jutsu?) and that the summon of the Yuki Clan is the ptarmigan...which I had to google. But it IS an interesting bird that is considered a messenger of the gods in japanese culture, so that was definitely a great selection: props to you! I hope you will put them to good use in this story.

It was also pleasing to finally see Mangetsu return although we may have seen a bit too much, considering his family situation is awful. It is a good thing that he is getting Suigetsu away from their useless, abusive father. He seems like a great guy, from how he spoke to Shon, but I wonder if you will allow him to live in your story considering that he has died in the canon...we shall see.

Again, a great read so please keep it up!
Red Wings chapter 9 . 7/26/2012
Good lord...

HAKU! ::squees::

I absolutely love Haku and Zabuza. Thank you so much for keeping Zabuza in character - he's such a badass, I can practically feel his utter LOATHING for Kyonjin, that sleazy bastard.

So Kuina and Kamisori are shacking up and about to tie the knot. While I know plots are afoot to get the current Mizukage overthrown, and Kamisori could very well end up dead in the fighting between the rebels and his boss, it's a good thing there are two people who are happy.

It's good to see Shon and Kimimaro are doing alright...for now. Poor Suigetsu! I never thought I'd ever feel sorry for the sharp-toothed little freak. You just made him sympathetic. Another tally of your great writing skills. Too bad we don't get much of Mangetsu in the manga - thank you for making him a real, live character for me!

And I haven't forgotten about seeing Chojuurou, either. Will we get to see Mei later?

And YAY! Yes, do please update Harbinger, too! I love this fic, as it is one of the very few that is centered on the Mist Village and its shinobi and people. Here's hoping you get more readership!
fiveflyingsquirrels chapter 8 . 7/26/2012
YES! Haku has been found! i did a little dance when I began reading this chapter, which is exclusively devoted to Zabuza and Haku. what perspective! Zabuza was TOLD to go investigate the disturbance in Haku's little farming town, rather than stumbling across him by chance.

The incredible thing that is shown about Zabuza in this one is that he actually does take great care of Haku, does not put him down or belittle him in any manner, and just analyzes him and accepts him for who he is...aside from the fact that he really wants to develop and use Haku's Hyoton for his own gain. Zabuza really isn't the monster that everyone percieves him to be, and it is great to see the juxtaposition of Zabuza's typical mean, critical self with this newfound need to protect. I am over the moon, considering that this duo is one of my absolute favorites and I know you will do them justice!