Reviews for Sunlight
MorganShepard chapter 1 . 4/15
Nice summarily of every base attack in Just Cause XD
NaxZeGreat chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Well written, and truly made me think back to all those times i ripped through an airport just blowing crap up, and then i stopped, cause i felt bad
fatalafro chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
very cool. makes you think of the panau soldiers life
Phoenix Master chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
I recently purchased 'Just Cause 2' and am proud(?) to say that it's scarily addictive. I came over here on a whim and was surprised to find this, and moreover I enjoyed it very much.

Funnily enough, I was thinking of writing something almost identical to this. It's what the good folks over at TV Tropes call a 'Mook Horror Show': anything presented from the perspective of the waves of anonymous henchmen that go up against the Designated Hero who must, when given thought, be utterly terrifying to them.

This captures such an underappreciated and I daresay ignored idea perfectly: it's tense, and frightening, and even emotional. Whilst we as players have control over Rico, who we are led to believe is 'cool' and 'awesome' and 'badass', the nameless hordes of military grunts he mercilessly slaughters in his quest to 'liberate' this oppressed nation by completely razing its vital infrastructure would think of him in decidedly less glowing terms.

You've captured that here perfectly. They're just ordinary people, quite possibly with lives and families and key individuality, and they're gunned down one day by a man who, to them, is a terrifying, unstoppable one-man army and weapon of mass destruction.

I've gotten into the habit of destroying the offshore oil rigs by means of aerial assault. I fly out in an attack helicopter, and let loose with relentless machine gun fire and barrages of missiles. At some point, one has to stop and think that, for the people onboard that rig, hopelessly trapped miles from shore, with their only real means of defence (the SAM system) taken out first through cold, cruel military logic, and with only meagre help from attack boats (that are quickly destroyed), the sights and sounds inflicted upon them by the player must be absolutely horrifying and don't bear thinking about for extended periods of time, unless you want to guilt yourself into never laying a finger on those poor pixelated people ever again.

With that said, I shall cease the over-thinking and once again congratulate you on a well-written piece of work. It was an enjoyable read.

Regards,

Phoenix
Major Mike Powell III chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Well, well, soldier...

HOO-RRAH! 1º review EVAR, btches!

Now...(Whistles) OUCH!

SO much PAIN! :P

I don't think I'll EVAR look at the Panauan soldiers the same ever again.

...

NOT! LOL It's TOO much fun killing'em! (Very evil smirk)

I got a kick outta the Grappling Hook kill! Hard surfaceawkward landing WIN! XD

Nice work, soldier!

Feliz Navidad and Próspero Año Nuevo, compadre!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!