Reviews for Where the Wild Geese Fly
Blaine H chapter 9 . 5/23
A very good story, I loved it! How about some more stories.
PSY850 chapter 9 . 10/28/2012
WOW! I just recently found this site looking for inspiration for my own shadowrun pursuits and this story along is packed with it. Thanks to the author and everyone who helped out and loaned characters to the mix. I cant wait to read some more of your work.

Asta
PSY
slytherinsal chapter 9 . 5/18/2012
Excellent.
slytherinsal chapter 7 . 5/18/2012
wrote for chapter 6: I was going to go to bed but now I'm way too intrigued... - but it looks like it didn't send!

chapter 7 - yeesh!
slytherinsal chapter 4 . 5/18/2012
I think there's something in the rulebook of life which says computer geeks have too much sugar in their beverages
slytherinsal chapter 3 . 5/18/2012
hotting up, still enjoying!
slytherinsal chapter 2 . 5/18/2012
well now, I wondered, with mention of tai chi and chess in the park if this was in Owen Glendower's universe... nice to see old friends like Mickey!
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Great start! I'm also impressed that you managed paragraph breaks with wider gaps, I've never seen anyone manage to tweak the system to allow that before!

Looking forward to reading more.
Matt Whitehead chapter 9 . 8/3/2011
For the record, I want to play now. This has been a wonderful read. I love the characters, the plot, and the quality of the writing is on the nuyen! MORE!

Mist is a great character. This is a coming of age story, but it doesn't read like your typical one, which is amazing. Most of them come off as bland or typical, but I was never bored with this!

****Spoiler warning****

Talking about how magic worked, going over her learning process without glossing it over worked well. It feels like character development instead of the standard fade to black that you usually see. Some people may find it boring if they don't especially care, but I liked it.

Only things thing bother me: the fake was a little obvious to me, personally. The hint at illusion spells she learned from Mask gave it away somewhat, as did knowing there were 9 chapters, but seems to be required to explain it when you're done reading and you ask "how was he fooled by cheap plastic, other than being thick skulled?" I would have liked to see something a little more elaborate. Mask and Mist's planning had me all juiced up for something amazing, which feels like it could be summed up in a sentence or two, when it felt like they spent much longer on it.

There are a few things that aren't obvious for readers who need things spelled out for them, but I only had one nagging question: Where did Turner come from? We didn't really meet her at the park in chapter one, though Mist knowing a few people is shown, she sorta just appears at exactly the right time. Could have used a slight intro when Mist was at the park the first time. It's explained, but it felt off when we suddenly switch to someone we've never actually met.

****End Spoilers****

Overall, bravo! Encore! It feels crafted like it came right out of a game that had been played instead of a story, which makes it feel real. I love it! Sucked me in enough that I want to join the run, which screams success.
Tigerlight chapter 9 . 2/12/2011
I love it Aislinn! My favorite character would have to be Mask. :-) I really dont have a favorite chapter tho but I liked them all.
Kellie chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
I love it Aislinn! Its amazing!
Aislinn Graves chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
AUTHOR's NOTE ::

Chapter 7 has been fixed.
J.S.Mallory chapter 9 . 1/3/2011
Overall, it's a really good story. I did notice a couple spelling mistakes, the story could benefit from some more white space to distinguish paragraphs and breaks during perspective changes. Chapters 6 & 7 appear to be identical.

The opening scene in the alleyway was appropriately graphic (the shadows are not a happy place) and the just desserts at the end were a nice resolution.

Good work. An enjoyable read.