Reviews for Good Day Good Evening
the-plaguedoctors chapter 4 . 21h
I have no idea if you're still active on here, but I just wanted to write a review-some three years or so after reading this fic-to let you know that it is PROBABLY MY FAVORITE HISTORICAL PRUSSIA FIC–and one of my favorite hetalia fics overall. With its unsettling mix of historical fact and vivid imagery it fucking blows me away every. time. (Also it introduced me to “Swimming” by Florence the Machine as THE pruaus song and this changed my fuCKING LIFE TBH) Anyway, yeah, you're awesome STAY AWESOME! :)
ATTHESTROKEOFMIDNIGHT chapter 4 . 5/11/2013
This was a wonderful piece of work. I'm just a bit confused by the ending.
Randomperson chapter 4 . 4/18/2013
OH. MY. GOD. THAT WAS SO AMAZING. I really love this story. It's confusing, but rightfully so. I really really love the ending.
Blazing Ace chapter 4 . 4/7/2013
OMG I LOVE IT!
Catching Tomorrow chapter 4 . 11/5/2012
I haven't posted a review on this story yet. I'm sorry. Honestly, it was because I had no idea how to put my feelings about this into words.

This is very possibly one of the best fanfics I've ever read. It has me amazed and horrified and drowning in feelings every time I read it even now. You deserve your praises sung from the rooftops. I don't even know what to say. I don't even ship PruAus, but Prussia is my favourite character in Hetalia and oh my gosh the feelings.

The feelings.

See what you've done? You've made me incoherent again. I don't even know where I'm going with this. I just wanted you to know how amazing you are.
fubibliophile chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
A bloody brilliant job of capturing the surrealist movement! I so wish you'd write more hetalia; the fandom needs more authors like you.
Rotomy chapter 4 . 12/8/2011
So, uh, hello. I'm still high from that ending, but I just wanted to let you know that this is absolutely beautiful and I am now more than a little in love. Okay. Let's try to provide some coherent critique.

I love how you used the surrealism within Gilbert's dream world, and the stark contrast toward the end between the muted, hazy warmth of sleep and the /bite/ of real life. It's absolutely stunning. I love the time motif, and I love the characterization, and I love your writing so much.

The only thing that I think could make this better would be to go over the earlier chapters (especially the first) and try to clean them up a bit. They're already great, but I think with a little more attention to the beginning would make the fic stronger. I can only think of one moment at the very beginning that didn't work for me, but there may be more things that could be improved that I didn't see.

Aside from that little note, this was absolutely stunning and engrossing and intelligent and really incredibly beautiful. Thank you for writing and posting this! I really can't stress enough how in love I am with your writing.
KleineVogel chapter 4 . 11/17/2011
It took me forever to get past the beginning of this story. I just kept getting hung up not knowing what was going on, that it seemed rather... dry. But after the first marker? I was hooked. Each chapter was better than the last. I love how much depth and detail you actually have in this story, which is failed to be seen in that first section.

Gilbert's mental struggle is compelling, and the interation of the characters together is perfect.
Arya May chapter 4 . 11/12/2011
That was fucking beautiful- and there's no other words to describe it. Brilliant job, brilliant job. You deserve WAY more reviews then this...and a medal too for coming up with such an amazingly awesome story. I am utterly speechless at this piece of work and...

wow...

you are officially one of the most amazing authors that i have ever seen. this was all just so good i's still in shock...
Sinose chapter 4 . 6/22/2011
You. Need. More. Reviews. I thought that was the most goddamned awesome thing I've ever read. The sheer insanity of it all, coupled with the tiny bit of hope and life was absolutely mind-bending. And I loved it!
SiZodiac chapter 4 . 4/5/2011
i love it! this story is really interesting and intense, and you portrayed each character on spot. and every implication, every ambiguity of dream and reality...they're just *right*. the story turned out sweetly painful and i can almost see the darkness that just seemed to be out of sight.
fakescorpion chapter 4 . 4/5/2011
Amazing, amazing ending.

At first it's only oddity and a slight sense of antinomy...a reality that just seemed off. The land of dream portrayed perfectly that I didn't realize it was a dream until you say so, but when I reread it the fact became all too obvious.

Then come the confusion and the almost-fear and I feel like something is squeezing my heart, tighter and tighter the further I read this, until it ultimately feel like I was choking for breath ("The war is over" when Gilbert stopped after he said it, I feel my heart freezing with him and I find myself actually praying he wasn't talking about the Second World War becuse we all know what happen after that war...even though I know it wasn't possible for him to be talking about any other war)...but then all so suddenly the pressure's gone and I realize I can breathe all along.

I can only say, this is an amazing story and I'm so happy to be fortunate enough to come across this masterpiece. It's difficult to find fanfics with such depth in words, but this story is truly a great gem buried under debris and jagged stones.
fakescorpion chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
This is getting really weird...now I'm doubting whether Gilbert ever went out with Francis and Antonio to the museum at ALL or once but he kept replaying it in his head. And I'm also no longer sure whether the time he spent with Ludwig and Feliciano and Elizaveta were on the same timeframe as when he listened to Roderich play the piano.

Weirdest of all was the chess player. As he didn't sound like Roderich in the slightest in this chapter...hell, he didn't even sound like a nation! It's getting contradictory cuze he sure sound like one in the first chapter but SOMEHOW, without quite changing his personality, he managed to sound nothing like a nation here! And the bottom line is I'm not even sure whether the game of chess actually took place.
fakescorpion chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Just finish reading and rereading the first chapter a couple of times and I feel...surreal to say the least.

I'm not sure the timeline difference between each section but I'm thinking it's divided into three individual timelines and each separated into more different parts: WW2 (when Gilbert interacted with Ludwig, Roderich, and Elizaveta); sometime during the early 1930s (when Gilbert went out with Francis and Antonio), as it just seems odd for them to still interact so casually if during the time of war; and when he's playing chess with a timeline I can't quite pinpoint...and I wonder who he's playing with? Judging by the content of their dialogue, I'll be assuming he's not a king/boss but rather a fellow nation...maybe Roderich?

When Gilbert was first asked about the time, it seemed so casual like something we would hear any day...but when nearing the end of this chapter, the usual seemed suddenly so un-usual. And I'm beginning to think "why the hell do everyine keeps asking Gilbert the time?" when it suddenly hit me hard that the question ISN'T all that odd...if anything it should be the one(s) who get(s) edgy by the simple question that's paranoid-Gilbert (and me).

It's amazing you could make me feel as surreal as Gilbert. And also gave me a feeling of dread that seemed to just lurk below the surface of my mind. A truely amazing story.
Dawnstep chapter 4 . 3/20/2011
O.O

This.

This is, I, I totally don't even know what to say orz It was completely gorgeous, on so many levels. It was definately surreal, and very complex, but I adored the poetry and history you used. Also, I really liked how the PrusAus was kind of there as an undercurrent the entire time, but it wasn't overpowering or blatant at all considering it wasn't the focus of the fic. There weren't any spelling or grammar blips that I spotted, and other than being really confusing at first the plot was great, so... wow. Geeze.

Bravo! I guess that's really all I can think to say at this point.

-Dawny