Reviews for Winging It
jessiejellie chapter 2 . 3/26/2014
I love this, there are seriously not enough sirius/lily fics on here! Update?
ILoveHarryPotterForever chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
Hey! I love your story!

When are you going to update again?

Because, if you don't update soon, I just might die.

No joke. :)
excusemesirx chapter 2 . 12/19/2010
This is probably the best Sirius/Lily story I've read. I love how you put in the little sidecomments about her not knowing things at the time, and you keep it consistant.
you go girl chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
i like this story! :) it's cute
neonorne chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
You've got the style of the light, entertaining romance down well, I think. Your language flows easily and the scenes are believable within the potterverse. My only problem was the 'Snape Worst Memory' scene - I think your Lily took that whole thing a bit too lightly.

And James is not supposed to be in love with Lily in your AU, right? Because otherwise, his jealousy would be epic by now, with Lily's behaviour towards Sirius seen as flirting by her classmates... This is perfectly fine in your AU fic, of course, you may write James any way you want - but perhaps you need to let us readers know somehow? Just so we know what to expect?

The 'little did I know' type foreshadowing is not quite after my taste, a bit cliched and too easy - but many like it, and if it fits anywhere, it is in this kind of light-hearted story.

You do mean to continue this, right? Because if it stood alone, the ending wouldn't work...

One bit of nitpicking: I found it hard to believe that in their fifth year, Sirius and Lily would actually introduce themselves to each other with their first names. Five years at school together, in the same year and the same house - no way they wouldn't be on a first name basis. Even if they didn't have many classes together and didn't think of each other as close friends or anything.
Annabelle chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Awesome

For further writing, you may be interested in this site:

www . sapientimagic . com (without the spaces)

It's a role playing site based on the Harry Potter world.

Either way, good luck with your writing and I look forward to reading more.

Annabelle Morrow, SUM student
kingslayers chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Wow this is interesting... Its good that you don't have James teasing her all the time in this version, I don't know if the Sirius/Lily relationship would have worked if you had... But its great, please keep going!
ILoveHarryPotterForever chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Love it!

Cant wait for the next part :)
alix33 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Is alice Neville Longbottom's mom?

"Most of them kind of speak for themselves, to be honest. Particularly the Direpeux." I laughed, remembering the small creatures from the year before: small, monkey-like in appearance, and perfectly able to imitate human speech, but three times faster." - The Direpeux sounds like a totally fun little creature.

"Sirius was quite the opposite. Unlike me, he looked totally unruffled and if anything, a little bored, as he reeled off an answer that sounded like it came directly from a textbook about why exactly we had supposedly planned it as we did." - Yay! for Sirius.

"Look, Sirius, I-" "I'm sorry, Evans." He cut me off before I'd even begun, and took the words right out of my mouth. I blinked, "You are? I don't know why, I was just about to apologise for yelling at you earlier." "Nah, it's ok. We were being dicks; it's kind of just the way we are." At least he'll admit it, I thought as he gave an accepting shrug, "But I really think it's pointless for us to act like we hate each other." "You're right," I agreed, "There's no point in vowing to be enemies, it's too much effort." He smirked as I continued: "But for the record, yeah. You were being dicks. You are quite a lot of the time, to be honest." "Agreed," he said, "And given that you said that, I've got no qualms in telling you you seem like a bit of an uppity cow sometimes." I could barely contain a snort, "Thanks, Sirius." - Hehehe.

It's not like I want to be around your cocky, over-confidence mode either." "Fair play, "He said, "Except I probably won't turn that off after the OWLs, if I'm honest." "I don't think you've ever turned that off in your life," - Hehehe.
you go girl chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
this looks good...it's a very different take on how i've always imagined the mauraders' school days