Reviews for John & Margaret: Coming Home With Me
leanau chapter 21 . 7/21
I thoroughly enjoyed this story! These characters are difficult to say good-bye to, but I relished this opportunity to have an extended glimpse into their lives. You did mangle the English language throughout, but I loved the plot lines you developed. I'm happy with where you took Margaret and John...now if you'd like to take us further into Nicholas Higgins world I'd enjoy that too!

Thank you for sharing this story.
Ruthy007 chapter 1 . 5/30
Love, Love, Love this continuation of N&S! You are a great writer.
Babelvr54 chapter 21 . 5/27
I love you. In John Thornton, I see what I hope my future will one day look like... Thank you for an amazing story and thank you for not removing it after you published it.
deborah. vandeusen chapter 21 . 3/13
This is one of the best fan fiction stories I have read. The lovemaking scenes had just the right amount of passion to give the reader something special to infer about their love. It was not cheap or tawdry to read. The plot was superb, and kept my attention. I especially liked the part where I was sure Mr. Thornton was dead, and my heart just fell. I thought this was a great twist to ad at the end. It was still sad , but the thought of Hannah taking her own life for the sake of the lovers added much to the closing. I like the pregnancy part also. This was a story worth rereading and saving . Too bad they could not turn this into a sequel. Loved it!
rach13975 chapter 21 . 2/18
Omg totally love your story I haven't been able to stop reading since I started reading it yesterday. Absolutely wonderful loved every bit
rach13975 chapter 7 . 2/18
Just found your story yesterday absolutely love it I can't stop reading it absolutely the best N&S story I've read. It really is like reading a sequel right I'm off to read the rest can't put it down thank you
ChrisDurin chapter 2 . 1/14
One of the best North & South stories I have ever read. Its as if you see the sequel! Amazing :)
Martha Herbert chapter 1 . 11/3/2015
I absolutely love your finish to one of the most lovely love stories since Gone with the wind.I wish they would make a movie out of you writings
Lady Sophia of Arda chapter 1 . 7/27/2015
This is just absolutely delicious- every chapter. Their passion is so vivid! You capture the Victorian mindset very eloquently and your dialogue and prose sound very authentic with the time it is set.
Suzanna chapter 21 . 6/8/2015
I absolutely loved this! Years ago, I stumbled across "North and South" by accident, and I fell in love with it (and Mr. Thornton). But I too was heartbroken that it just ended, before they began their lives together. And this is a perfect continuation of the story, just as I imagined. Wonderful story!
FaithBelieve chapter 21 . 9/2/2014
Thank you Paskina! Never really considered Americanisms/Britianisms and I went right out and bought myself another thick dictionary. I really appreciate reviews that help me improve my writing.
Paskina chapter 20 . 8/27/2014
Your repeated use of the phrase 'I guess' makes me cringe throughout the whole fic.

It's England, early 19th century... Americanism's were not used. No one ever used 'I guess' unless they were literally playing a guessing game.

If you're going to attempt historical fiction, especially geographically specific fiction, please try really hard not to let modern day language sneak in and spoil things. Americanism's really jar and grate, and turn the whole thing into a parody.
glasses-chan chapter 4 . 8/11/2014
oooh a turn of events! So glad I found this story. I just finished watching the movie and was very unsatisfied with the ending.
Marion Griffith chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
I have reviewed your "Coming Home With Me" - John & Margaret, and would like to say that even though I scanned it very briefly, it was so good, that I have just ordered it from Amazon. Thank you for being such a good writer. I know that I am going to enjoy this entire book. Many thanks, Marion Griffith
TheWomanKB chapter 21 . 3/17/2014
This has to be the best continuation of North and South on this site (and possibly other sites too)! And I see that there is a book that is out there that is suppose to be better! I am so going to get it on my Kindle. Thank you, thank you for giving John and Margaret a wonderful ending to their story. PS I have to comment on those who chew this FF apart because of the grammar errors. What do you expect from a FF? Do you think these writers can afford expensive editors? It takes hours and hours to properly edit a book, especially of this length. This author may not be the best editor but she is very talented and creative. So with that being said, either enjoy the story (or not) and shut up!